collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share your april fools stories!  (Read 1344 times)

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Share your april fools stories!
« on: April 01, 2012, 04:05:36 PM »
Happy April fools day everyone!

I hope no one got too horridly pranked! I actually made it out prank free!

HOWEVER! This year will mark my very first successful mass prank! *confetti*

I did not expect it to go over anywhere near as well as it did, but it was oh so hilarious.

My prank:
I collect ball jointed dolls and am a pretty well known photographer of them on deviantArt.
I decided to pull a prank on my friends and watchers telling them that I was selling my collection.

It kinda lined up perfectly.
Earlier this week, I'd put up two dolls for sale that I planned to "upgrade" into different dolls.
I also have been a ball of stress with college graduation looming over my head and having to get everything done and still trying to get a job :(

So I just put up a blog saying that I had been avoiding the fact for a long time, but that I was going to be graduating and didn't have a job yet, so I needed to start to prepare back up cash if need be. I would be selling the dolls listed, and that people could message me offers.

I tried to include a giant hint at the end, saying I'd sell my collection for 25,000$  ... my collection is MAYBE worth a quarter of that.
But it went crazy xD My inbox filled up with messages inquiring, my was getting text messages from even my best friends flat out freaking out, and then the post itself exploded in comments.

I "canceled" the prank early, because I was starting to feel really bad about it XD

Gladly, everyone involved seems to be laughing it off. I have one person embarrassed that they messaged me, but other than that XD it's all good.

SO! that was my story - Anyone else pull off their first successful prank?! Or get pranked themselves?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:08:07 PM by Knibitz »

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: Share your april fools stories!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »
I didn't prank anyone but I nearly fell for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NufHsmITjM it seemed authentic until some of the more elaborate moves
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:23:22 AM »
Oh my gosh, that's great Starrypawz! I'm not a fan of the game, but my husband is! The video is very well put together for a prank! Thanks for sharing.
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »
I didn't get pranked, but I helped play a prank on a good portion of the LittleBigPlanet community. One of my friends runs LittleBigPlanetarium, and they told everyone that there was a LittleBigPlanet cartoon coming out. So I played along and told everyone that I had actually been hired to help animate and draw for it... I have worked with Media Molecule (the people who made the game) on another project, so some people believed me. I felt really bad and came clean shortly after.

I love april fools day, though. It was so fun! ^___^ I think the best one I saw was the Google Maps one. :)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:06 AM »
I did one of those lame 'I changed my persona' pranks on my husband. I told him that my persona is a guinea pig now. I didn't think he'd fall for it and apparently he didn't even though he was asking me why. I wasn't really trying though. I was more poking fun at how predictable it is on an art site I used to go to for people to claim they changed personas on April Fool's Day.

Then I guess I inadvertently did one here when people still thought I was doing an April Fool's prank about FiM being on Netflix even though I outright said it wasn't a prank in my original post. >>

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »
Just the ones here, teehee ;)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
I've been too busy with Pete the Pirate Puppy to do much of anything lately.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
My dad jokingly spoiled the end this weekends World Rally Championship race for me. I can't watch it till Monday 'cause there's no rally coverage in the states. Everyone who knows me knows I'm pretty fanatical about rally racing, and if you spoil it the consequences are dire.

I was unamused with his prank, he was rather pleased with himself.

I have a blag about ponies.

GloriaFan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »
I am a huge fan of a 80s TV show called Kids Incorporated and I have always wanted to use their cover of "Never Gonna Give You Up" to "Rick-roll" someone. Yesterday, I posted on LJ and DW saying that a rare demo from a proposed tenth season had leaked...underneath the cut I had the video clip on autoplay :P

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
We went over to my parents house and I pretended I had to go to the toilet and when I was in there I look a leek out of my bag and put it on their toilet, then when I came out I said I was sorry but their toilet had a big leak in it XD Dad thought it was funny, my mum thought it was pretty silly, now we have a bit leek to eat haha

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »
I put snappy caps under the toilet seat LOL  I also made fake toilet paper by putting a strip of soft sheet material on the TP roll so Mom coulnd't tear it off. But I couldn't find the one I usually use so I had to make a much shorter one.  Mom actually USED it.   lol  She was half asleep.

LOL skimmer.  You really DID take a leek!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
We went over to my parents house and I pretended I had to go to the toilet and when I was in there I look a leek out of my bag and put it on their toilet, then when I came out I said I was sorry but their toilet had a big leak in it XD Dad thought it was funny, my mum thought it was pretty silly, now we have a bit leek to eat haha

Oh, dear God, I can't stop laughing! XD

My step-dad got my Mom pretty good.  They went to the movies and while Mom was getting the popcorn, my step-dad gave the guy the tickets and told him to tell her that he only gave one ticket.  The guy did his part perfectly and my Mom freaked out because she didn't have money to buy another ticket and he went on without her.  It was funny!

And Neopets got me pretty good with some of their pranks, like the random lab zap and the automatic pet pounding. :P

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
A colleague at work coloured in the laser on the bottom of our cubicle-mate's mouse with red marker.

:P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal