collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay- Do I bother to leave negative feedback?  (Read 5556 times)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay- Do I bother to leave negative feedback?
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »
So I bought the G1 Lullaby Nursery on ebay last week as a surprise for my fiance- she only collects the babies and we wanted to put it next to my Dream Castle!
I was the only bidder, won the auction, ebay estimated delivery by the 8th. The seller didnt provide any shipping updates until the 9th when I can see a label was printed- but appears to have never been scanned.
I contacted the seller today to inquire and he responded with an apology saying there was a postage mistake and my package had gone to someone else! He refunded all the money so at least thats not an issue, but I feel weird about the fact that the shipping # for me never even got scanned. Shouldnt I theoretically have recieved someone elses package? The person who got mine?
The seller has all positive but very few feedback. (As do I so I didnt think much of that) He refunded the money immediately upon apologizing so that was never an issue. Im just feeling unsettled about the whole thing- any input?
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay- Do I bother to leave negative feedback?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:31:24 AM »
I would definitely not leave a negative feedback.  Mistakes happen- and he refunded all of your $$.  I know that I have sent off the wrong thing to the wrong person before- it really really stinks when that happens.  I would certainly not error on the side of thinking that he did something intentionally to you.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »
This should go in the trader support forum. You will get more input there.

And I agree with Galactica. It was probably a mistake since your seller sounds like they're newer to selling on eBay. It's possible, however, they wanted more for it so keep watching their auctions.

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the input, I wasnt initially intending to leave negative feedback since my money was promptly refunded.
My concern was mostly that it seems slightly suspicious to me, but I guess I'll just keep my eye out to see if they try and relist it or get any new bad feedback

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »
I am going to move this over to the Trader Support forum for you :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »
Mistakes happen. I've sent packages to the wrong place before, so yeah I wouldn't do a negative since you got your refund ect.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
I once got TWO collectors edition barbies sent to me by mistake.  I had bought from the seller earlier that year.  No idea how I got mixed up with the new sale.  But I let them know, they sent me money for shipping, and I sent it on to the buyer.  But if I had never said anything they might not even know who they sent them to by mistake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »
It does happen.  Unless this seller becomes prolific at sending the wrong packages, then a negative is definitely a big no-no.  They're already learning from their mistake because a lot of people aren't honest, so they are probably not going to get those ponies back, and either way, even if they do, they're going to be out some money getting them back. 

You're out of a smidge of time, and you're disappointed, but you got all your money back.  I'd leave it at that.  They addressed the problem quickly and returned your money to you quickly, and thus handled their mess-up maturely and quickly.  A+ to them.  You said they have all good feedback, they just don't have a lot, so it sounds like they're getting onto their feet with ebay.  They may have things going on that means they need to sell things to make ends meet, and a negative now for something they tried to rectify could hurt them very badly.  I always try to be conscientious, both as a seller and buyer, and I know my own situation with things, and know full and well there are people who have it just as bad or worse than me and are just trying their hardest. 

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt as long as they don't play games, beat around the bush or anything like that.  This seller hasn't.  They explained the situation and refunded you, and I think it's best left like that.  Just think of those ponies as not meant to be.  There will be a better deal, I'm sure.  :) 

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »
I've received incorrect items a few times, but the seller has always either told me to keep the incorrect item and refunded me, or had me return it and sent the correct item to me eventually. In those cases, I didn't leave any feedback. I wouldn't feel right leaving a neutral or negative, since it appeared to be an honest mistake and the seller made it right, but it wasn't exactly a positive experience, either.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
I've received incorrect items a few times, but the seller has always either told me to keep the incorrect item and refunded me, or had me return it and sent the correct item to me eventually. In those cases, I didn't leave any feedback. I wouldn't feel right leaving a neutral or negative, since it appeared to be an honest mistake and the seller made it right, but it wasn't exactly a positive experience, either.

Sorry if I'm being dense but isn't that precisely what a Neutral feedback would be for?  :huh: sorry if I'm missing something.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 02:26:24 PM »
I think I would leave them a neutral, or ding a shipping and a communication star. mistakes happen, but it sounds like they weren't keeping track of things at all if they printed out the label several days later, and  only *then* did they figure out they'd mailed your nursery to someone else by mistake!  Not only that, but they didn't get ahold of you as soon as they realized the problem, you had to email them?  That's not a good sign at all.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
Unless there is better evidence that he did something other than make an honest mistake, I think a neutral would also be harsh.  I don't think people who don't sell on ebay really understand how bad even an neutral can be in the ebay system.  Ebay counts it like a negative and can suspend a seller's ability to sell internationally or it can have other repercussions (i don't recall what they are but I know it is a LOT more harsh than you would think).  Too harsh for an honest mistake.

Not like I have ever gotten a neutral, but only because when I did make a mistake, I bent over backwards to try and make it up to the poor people whose packages that had switched labels.  What a pain that was!

I also don't think that not receiving another person's package proves they did something shady.  It may be that they sent yours first and caught the mistake before sending the other one- or it could be they printed your label twice. 

Of course the delay wasn't great, but in my own personal opinion, not enough to warrant punishing with a neutral or negative.  I only do that when people really need to be warned about a bad seller.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:58:04 PM by Galactica »

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
Thanks for popping this over into the correct forum!
Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. It was really the lack of communication and delayed initial shipping that got to me

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »
I would only leave a negative if you see the exact same item relisted.  Other than that, sometimes life happens and you get your money back to go PONY SHOPPING!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 05:18:06 AM »
I would probably say its down to an honest mistake and  I would also advise against leaving a neg   (at least for now) since your seller did communicate with you admitted a mistake and refunded you. I'd l;ike to think the reason was they are just new and yes everyone makes mistakes from time to time :awake: .. However..if you want to wait a bit before leaving any feedback you could do that too...because I've seen it happen before (and had it happen to me as a buyer)  where a seller will say they don't have the item anymore/made a mistake/give a reason for not sending it..and all the time the real reason was that they wanted more money. Keep an eye on that sellers listings ;) .

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal