collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: question about amazon shipping?  (Read 268 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
question about amazon shipping?
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »
So this is the second time I've ordered a book from amazon, and they didn't include any packaging material in the shipping box... So, what happens to a book in a very large box (over 2 x the size of the book) with no packaging materials? It shifts around and gets damaged.

To be honest, I am ok with SOME things being shipped with no packaging materials. Usually things that are durable, and I don't care about the box/package. I'm even ok with a book being shrinkwrapped with a large piece of cardboard and flopping around in a big box.

Is this just how most books are sent now with amazon?

I feel like if it is, I'm kinda done with them...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: question about amazon shipping?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »
I am not a huge Amazon shopper. I have though ordered a couple books from there. I ordered a FIM book for someone here about two months ago and that it how it came. I also ordered an Origami book for my nephew and same thing. Thankfully neither were damaged. I am sorry to hear yours were  :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:46:31 AM »
I'm 3 stars on their shipping...I've lost one package from them in the mail and their packaging usually involves envelopes.

Hit me with a rock, but ebay seems better on shipping than amazon...
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:42 AM »
I do a lot of Amazon shopping, and always leave feedback on packaging. I had one package that (oh my word, I LOATHE my mail carrier) got completely soaked because the carrier left it out in the rain, and Amazon didn't have my books wrapped (thankfully, there was a sheet of bubblewrap on top). The largest book in that box (which was a gift for my sister) did have some water damage, and I contacted Amazon, and they gave me a partial refund since I couldn't return it and receive a new one in time for my sister's birthday. I do hope they start to change their packaging (shrinkwrap please!!), but have been very pleased with their customer service (holy novel, Batman!).

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:23:27 AM »
My last package from Amazon was just in a cardboard box, and they combined a 700-page text book and a limited edition PS3 game without asking me (there wasn't even an option to combine as they were ordered months apart!). The game box wasn't smashed, thankfully, but it was badly creased and the book had some massive dents in it >/ I sent them a very strongly worded email to the tune of "What kind of twit thought that this was going to be delivered undamaged?" They gave me partial refunds for both but I couldn't get a replacement game as they'd been sold out of the limited edition for months :(

Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever received a parcel from Amazon with any protective packaging, minus SDCC Bubbles from Amazon US, but that was likely a special case given it was international postage.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:21:24 AM »
Meh, it's very standard to receive items like that with very little to no protection. Mostly it's the wadded up brown paper, the large air bubble strips or shrink wrapped to some cardboard inside the box. This is one of their ways they get away with cheap shipping or free shipping. You could try Buy.com. I've been buying my Manga books and other books from there since their prices seem cheaper and they do Shrink wrap/cadboardbacking them to the box so they aren't flopping around during shipping.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:16 AM »
Thanks all for your input.

I guess I've been really lucky with amazon shipping through out the years... Oh well, I guess I just have to get a books from a physical store now. :/ meh.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal