collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Charged $3.95 shipping, seller sent it in an envelope  (Read 407 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Charged $3.95 shipping, seller sent it in an envelope
« on: August 19, 2013, 04:44:58 PM »
I never got any help with this. If you think this is okay, keep it to yourself because I don't care. I'm here to get help reporting this person.

From the 17th:
I'm so angry right now. I bought a brand new set of stickers from a seller on the 11th and paid on the 12th. They have 824 feedback and its 100% positive. Given that the stickers are old and rare, I assumed they were sending them in a bubble mailer with tracking (which is exactly what I wanted). The stickers were originally released in November 2001, and were re-released in November 2006 so they're hard to find. They know the stickers are rare and have a TON of rare old stationary type items for sale, all with a similar shipping price.

This is what the listing says about shipping, nowhere are normal white envelopes mentioned. The seller's description doesn't actually mention shipping at all, aside from saying that they will ship internationally and combine shipping.

Today my boyfriend checked the mail and handed me a normal white envelope. I'm expecting multiple packages, no envelopes, so I was pretty confused. But as soon as I opened it I realized what it was. The stickers were placed in cardboard and mailed in an envelope with two stamps on it. It was not sent internationally or even from that far away (I'm in Idaho, the seller is in Oklahoma).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thankfully the stickers are okay, but I'm pissed. If I remember correctly, eBay does not enforce things related to overcharged shipping? But I'm still contacting the seller and hoping they're give a partial refund to save themselves a bad star rating/feedback, since they obviously seem to care about their feedback (or at least used to). But I don't know how to word it. :/ Does anyone have any advice?

Yesterday, I got a response:
The seller refunded me $1 (so they still pocketed $2) and said its 'shipping and handling' and basically told me they overcharge on shipping to make up for fees. Isn't that not allowed, admitting to adding extra to shipping to cover fees? And implying they overcharged me to get gas money too? Should I report them, and if yes how?
"The purchase price paid for the stickers is $6.99 - on my end there are listing fees, final value fees from ebay, and yet another fee from paypal to receive money from each buyer every time I sell an item."
"I work 6 days a week 8-10 hours a day and still take the time to make sure purchased items are mailed the next day after payment, driving out of my way to the post office (gas is quite expensive these days) rather than leaving things in my mailbox to be mailed so I am sure they get sent out."

How do I proceed?

Multiple people/posts have said I can report this person for multiple reasons, how do I do that? Should I try responding to their message and telling them that when someone pays for a certain type of shipping, you ship it that way (they completely ignored that concern and just wrote it off as 'oh I have ~handling~ fees therefore this is okay to do')? Should I make no contact/leave no feedback until I hear from eBay? Will I have to call eBay about this or is there any way I can report this person online?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Charged $3.95 shipping, seller sent it in an envelope
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 04:57:57 PM »
This is being locked, as it is against site rules to restart a previously locked topic of the same nature.
Thanks PonyLady
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal