collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ebay buyer: bjb1214 *what's his deal?*  (Read 1169 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
ebay buyer: bjb1214 *what's his deal?*
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:06:36 PM »
Accepted his best offer for a 60 dollar item for 55 and this is the response I got after sending an invoice.

Hi, i offered you $55.00 on your ipod nano but was just seeing how low you would go not knowing that i would purchase it. I have been looking for an ipod nano for music and was just trying to find one for a good price. If theres a way to resell it and if i dont find a lower price then ill come back to buy yours.
:shocked:

Seriously...? Then put a lower best offer next time! Anyways, responded to him the lowest I would go is 50 dollars. Will update this thread if I receive a response. I'm giving him one three days...-_- my patience is wearing thin for people who don't pay within a day

Edit: Okay he sent me the payment just now. I contacted him with this message...tried to be as nice as possible

Thanks for the quick payment! I'll ship it out tomorrow. Just a note though so you won't get in trouble: when you send in a best offer, you're committed to buying the item. It's against policy to have people to 'hold' items that way and wait to decide to buy it.

I know it's probably been a while for you to do the best offer thing on ebay. Just wanted to let you know:)

Update: Okay update. Shipping took a long time due to USPS. Don't know what the delay was.

Anyways, I kept messaging him asking if he got it in or was aware of the problem. I was tracking it for him and trying to keep contact with him so I could direct him if it goes missing.

He finally got the package, left me positive feedback, but lower than 5 stars rating. I've contacted him and asked him if there was a problem. All this time, no response.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:09:49 AM by MaronaPossessed »
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Re: ebay best offer (possible) fraud: bjb1214
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
I wouldn't even mess with that.  Report it to Ebay, block him, and relist.  It just sounds like an idiot who is probably not even of age to be using ebay. 

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:44:18 PM »
I wouldn't even mess with that.  Report it to Ebay, block him, and relist.  It just sounds like an idiot who is probably not even of age to be using ebay.
I will report him after the three day deadline. I was nice enough for hamom, but I'm sick and tired of people coming in to take advantage of me when I'm trying my best to provide a great shopping experience for other people-_-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »
Wow! So he didnt realise there was an option his offer could be accepted? :/

Did you message him back to say payment in 3 days or are you just giving it to the limit and then filing? If it was me to protect my own back, I would send him a quick one liner to point out he has entered a contract with you by making the best offer [something I believe ebay point out at the time of pressing the offer button] and that you will need payment by x date.

Sorry you are getting messed around Marona :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 05:02:13 PM »
Wow! So he didnt realise there was an option his offer could be accepted? :/

Did you message him back to say payment in 3 days or are you just giving it to the limit and then filing? If it was me to protect my own back, I would send him a quick one liner to point out he has entered a contract with you by making the best offer [something I believe ebay point out at the time of pressing the offer button] and that you will need payment by x date.

Sorry you are getting messed around Marona :(
I did message him that if I don't receive payment by Monday, I will cancel the the transaction. I did not tell him I was going to report him. I even updated my eBay page that I give a three day limit for payments.

I try not to report or leave negative feedback. I don't wanna start any war against me or anything. Sorry...I'm paranoid >_<

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: ebay best offer (possible) fraud: bjb1214*update!good news!*
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 02:22:14 AM »
I agree, sometimes its best not to elaborate but just to state what you need the buyer to do and not what you intend to do if they don't action.

Thats fab you got payment through! Glad its all resolved.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
Re: ebay best offer (possible) fraud: bjb1214*another update! question!*
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:25:42 AM »
I received this email from paypal...and it's different from the ones I usually receive.

subject: Item #261240664588 Instant payment received from bjb1214

Hello Aimee Pellegrin,

You received a payment of 57.58 USD from bjb1214
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items.To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Thing is...while I usually wait for my funds to be available...the payment was instant. I had no wait...should I be cautious? Anyways, I took pictures of the ipod before shipping and saved the pictures when I listed it.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ebay best offer: bjb1214*another update! question!*
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
Just means he used a paypal balance or CC to fund his purchase. If paypal is telling you it's ok to ship, then it's ok to ship. I would make sure you get tracking on it as well if it's not going priority.

I received this email from paypal...and it's different from the ones I usually receive.

Hello Aimee Pellegrin,

Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items.To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

Thing is...while I usually wait for my funds to be available...the payment was instant. I had no wait...should I be cautious? Anyways, I took pictures of the ipod before shipping and saved the pictures when I listed it.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
Re: ebay best offer: bjb1214*another update! question!*
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 08:01:18 AM »
Just means he used a paypal balance or CC to fund his purchase. If paypal is telling you it's ok to ship, then it's ok to ship. I would make sure you get tracking on it as well if it's not going priority.

Hello Aimee Pellegrin,

Ah okay! Thanks Hawaiian rain for the response! Apreciate it. Just feels weird and new to me seeing this, so I wanted to be sure it was okay :) Gonna ship the package today.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
ebay buyer: bjb1214 *what's his deal?*
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
Okay update. Shipping took a long time due to USPS. Don't know what the delay was.

Anyways, I kept messaging him asking if he got it in or was aware of the problem. I was tracking it for him and trying to keep contact with him so I could direct him if it goes missing.

He finally got the package, left me positive feedback, but lower than 5 stars rating. I've contacted him and asked him if there was a problem. All this time, no response.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:09:03 AM by MaronaPossessed »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: ebay buyer: bjb1214 *what's his deal?*
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »
*pony hugs*  Definitely a buyer to block from your listings in the future!  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
Re: ebay buyer: bjb1214 *what's his deal?*
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
*pony hugs*  Definitely a buyer to block from your listings in the future!  :(
Definitely. If I don't get a response on Tuesday, I'm leaving him Neutral Feedback.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal