collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with paypal dispute?  (Read 2751 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Help with paypal dispute?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »
Oh and I should say I'M glad I took everyones advice here and didn't close the dispute when she begged me too! Thanks all :hug:
Oh man this is taking a turn for the worse. I'm happy you didn't close the case, you are NOT the bad guy here! I feel awful for you! Grab a cup of tea, relax and know that your pony friends are behind you on this. *hugs*

If she didn't get a response from the "3 e-mails" she sent she should have contacted you elsewhere, here or FB, that's a really poor excuse on her part. It's not like you're hard to track down. There is no way this will ruin or tarnish your reputation. If anything the e-mails bullying you into closing a case (you were VERY patient before making!) is tarnishing her rep badly and the threats of ruining your rep are 100% empty, cannot be done.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:00:53 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
Thank you so much all, I was so upset but feel a bit better after all the nice words :heart:

I didn't want to bring her name into it for the simple fact I wanted to give her a chance to rectify it, but shes just been so unfriendly..anyway, its Jeanne Delaney is the seller, shes just Jeanne here I think but shes not too active!

Like I say I bought from her before not a bother! But its like escalating the claim has opened a big can of worms :( I'll feel like an awful idiot now if they arrive but like I say I'll pay her straight back and I'll update the thread..I wont just disapear and make her look bad :)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:33 AM »
They've been around long enough to know this- you have money from a customer and still have the goods and an e-mail didn't get a response, you PM them, or ask someone else to point the buyer to their direction. It's also poor form to ask for additional shipping money after you told them a shipping price and the item/shipping is paid for. Been there done that, I eat the cost and if a buyer notices and PayPal's me the difference I'm super happy and appreciative, Otherwise it's a learning experience to be more careful in the future.

Ponylady/Ringlets Depending on the language used and threats with the PayPal correspondence can Saoirse also report her in some way with PayPal?

Don't feel like an idoit, if they arrive all you have to do is repay her.  ;) So many people get burned for closing cases without receipt of the item, you're just being smart here.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 09:45:07 AM »
I am sure you can call Paypal and forward the messages to them.  But to be honest I am not sure what their policies are concerning it.  I know with ebay it can compromise the sellers account. So whether Paypal will do the same I am not sure  :huh:

Saoirse I would not engage in any future correspondences with her until your ponies show up.  Unless of course she cares to come here and explain her side.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 09:55:57 AM »
Well she hasn't mentioned the thread to me at all so whether shes reading or not I don't know..?

She seems so upset so I'm just going to take your advice and not email her back unless the package appears..I don't want to add fuel to the fire as such! What should I be expecting at this stage from paypal, I've escaled and it says 'being reviewed by paypal'. In all my years of buying I've never had to open a dispute and follow through with the whole thing :(

Oh I swallowed the cost of shiping before myself FF.. pain when you underquote but joys of selling I suppose!

Jynxie Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 11:49:01 AM »
This is all so rediculous! Hopefully things will get better.

If you bought your items in January and haven't received them- that's redonkulous. Period. There is no reason under the sun (unless you're living in a broom closet at Hogwarts) that you shouldn't have received them yet. Period. They have your money- you have no ponies..unless they make with the ponies, we have nothing left to assume she's not a thief. Period.

Hun- I'm hoping you get your ponies... I'm sorry everything is panning out like this-- hopefully this person will make with the ponies VERY quickly so you can get on havin a wonderful life...you know?

You seem sweet- you don't need any of this nonsense in your life.

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »
Hahaha no I'm not hiding in Hogwarts!! Just hiding from the harsh weather in my house! ;)

Ah..I feel a little better than I did earlier which is something..I just let it get to me a bit much..damn hormones! ;) I'm just going to have to wait and see how it pans out..or what paypal decides I guess! I don't want to say shes lying and didn't post because it would be frustrating the other way around but...yeah hopefully the postman will have a parcel for me at some stage!

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »
Hahaha no I'm not hiding in Hogwarts!! Just hiding from the harsh weather in my house! ;)

Ah..I feel a little better than I did earlier which is something..I just let it get to me a bit much..damn hormones! ;) I'm just going to have to wait and see how it pans out..or what paypal decides I guess! I don't want to say shes lying and didn't post because it would be frustrating the other way around but...yeah hopefully the postman will have a parcel for me at some stage!

Aw I really hope the postman comes up with something for you!  ^.^

Try not to get too stressed its not good for you! (says me who is OCD about post and delivery times etc. but hey when I pay decent money I expect decent service :P)

*big hugs*
Im a BIG believer in karma too...if this person is doing funny business...it'll come back to them. What goes around comes around - or something like that  :lol:
I've seen it happen to a LOT of people that have screwed me over - its actually really surprising!

Let us all know how it goes! I really hope you receive all the ponies though...nothing cheers me up like pony therapy!  ^.^

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
UGH not her AGAIN!  :(  All of the Delaney family members are already on the Bad Trader List and has been for over a year... 

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you.  She is a very active seller but she has some bad habits since she does sell in such large quantities.  You can search the forum to find out more. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 03:46:11 AM »
*nods*  yes she is already on the bad trader list - which is a shame since she and her family have been part of the pony community for many years , as you know, so of course she has a lot of experience selling ponies and she should know better than to treat her customers badly :(   If she is sending nasty emails then  I wouldnt respond to her messages any more hun- let the case run its course and get your refund. You already explained to her that you will pay her back if the ponies show up.
I know its hard but please try not to let this get to you - you havent done anything wrong :hug: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal