collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DirePony: ponies refunded but bad transaction.  (Read 2160 times)

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DirePony: ponies refunded but bad transaction.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:02 PM »
Please try to calm down a little bit, SoSilver. I know this is not the first time sellers have shipped ponies to you in another way than you asked for, and I know that's extra bad news for you being in Italy - so I totally understand your frustration hun! But please, you must be able to see that in this particular transaction, DirePony has done everything he could possibly do to rectify his mistake, and I think it's very unfair to treat him like this after he went so out of his way.

1) He realised, admitted, refunded and apologized for his mistake immediately
2) He refunded you the entire payment in case the ponies wouldn't show
3) He even said you could keep them as a gift if they do show up! That's $90 out of his pocket to try to make you happy.

So while it was a mistake, and one that unfortunately keeps happening to you SoSilver, I don't think you are being fair to Dire. If it happened to me, I would probably leave him a positive, to be honest.

I hope all the ponies you are worrying about will show up eventually! Keep your hopes up sweetie!

Catherine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »
I would just like to say before I start that I don't believe that anyone is trying to be cruel to you SoSilver. I think they're just trying to help you see through your anger. I can definitely understand how all that frustration can build up, but I don't think that it's entirely fair to unleash it all on DirePony. If I understand correctly, he has refunded the entire cost of your order, which is incredibly generous. Most sellers wouldn't do that.

And a personal note in DirePony's defense- I'm in the middle of a transaction with him and he pm'd me yesterday saying that shipping had been slightly less than expected, so he refunded me $2. Honestly, I was amazed. The majority of my online buying experiences has been through Ebay and I'm used to being overcharged for shipping. The concept of a seller caring about so little an amount (in my favour anyway!) is impressive. He could have just kept it as a bonus and I wouldn't have thought twice. The fact that he didn't indicates that DirePony's ethics are fairly high up there.

What I'm basically saying is: give it a chance to work out. At this point, you're not out anything as DirePony gave you back your money. It may take a bit to get it, but it is heading your way. I know that it's hard waiting on tenterhooks for international packages (Canada's landlocked to the US and we still wait ages for things!) and I hope that it all works out well for you.

If nothing else, take a breather. Let yourself calm down. There may have been a lot of people who have messed you about, but DirePony's actions don't suggest that he's one of them. It may not be the first time something like this has happened to you, but unless DirePony was directly responsible for all the rest, he doesn't deserve a negative.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »
You are not out of money, and the ponies will eventually show up, even if it takes time. I think you shouldn't leave any feedback right now, and positive after they have showed up. In this transaction you haven't lost anything, and the seller is out of shipping costs and ponies for making a mistake.

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
I'm not going to comment on your attitude SoSilver, but I think you need to take a SERIOUS break from Pony buying for a while. Enjoy the ones you have and wait for the others to show.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »
Poor DirePony, this sounds like an awful situation to be in. :( DP's out the ponies, and the money, and his buyer still isn't happy? Hugs for you, hun, you're doing better than most sellers would have. :hug:

SoSilver, a seller is not required to give a refund before any time has passed, nor is a seller required to go above and beyond this requirement and offer to send $90 of ponies free as apology for their mistake. Your glossing-over of DP's messages (making it appear he doesn't care when, in fact, he sent multiple apologies), and threatening bad feedback reflects poorly on you, not him. Direpony made a (very minor) mistake, and is making it up to you in an exceedingly generous fashion.

Best of luck to both of you in resolving this situation, and I hope the ponies arrive safely.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:42 AM »
Hi.
First thing i have never ever asked for the refund and i am not here to ask DirePony anything.
I am here just to ask for your support on wich decision to take.

Again, i didn't wanted to leave neutral or negative feedback because of other sellers mistakes, but just because there was a mistake with him that left me with nothing in my hands (yes, until the refund will come though i will not have that money).

Snapdragon: i have never threatened him with negative feedback. I was asking support on wich one could it be better. I have never asked for the refund and i still don't think it is a minor mistake. A mistake yes, not minor.

Babylofty: your comment really hurt me.

I really don't know what to say more other than please don't judge me but try to understand the situation.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:24:53 AM by SoSilver »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
SoSilver, you keep asking people to try and understand the situation, but it seems like you are the one who does not understand.

Put yourself in his shoes. Imagine it is You selling $90 of ponies to someone, and a family member is kind enough to run them to the post office for you. When they get back, you find out they were shipped incorrectly. You immediately refund the remainder of the shipping charges and contact the buyer to inform them as to what happened. You try hard to make them happy. Refund. Free ponies. Clear communication. And in return, you get bad feedback because that buyer was upset that you made a mistake that so many other people have made before.

That isn't fair.

You asked for opinions and people here have very clearly told you that they do not agree with either of your feedback choices. No amount of asking them to see things from your side will change it. They do. The fact that you paraphrased what DirePony said, making him look insensitive and uncaring reflects badly on you.

He doesn't deserve a negative or a neutral. Personally, if you do leave him a Neg or a Neutral, I hope he petitions a Mod to get it removed. He seems like a seller who is very rare. An honest seller looking out for his buyers best interests.

Try and look at it from HIS side.

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 05:35:07 AM »
I am ok with that and i came here just for an opinion.

I snapped because i was full of that happening over and over.

But i think i don't deserve to be threated like this.

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 06:00:22 AM »
I want to remind everyone to remain civil towards one another.

It is an unfortunate situation but we are human and make mistakes.  I think your seller has gone above and beyond to try and rectify the situation.  I just hope at this point the two of you can move forward and work this out without further complications.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
It sounds like this is a case of stress building up and building up until one final incident causes everything to explode. >.< I hate when that happens in my life. Especially around the holidays, when everything is stressful already and money is so tight, so waiting a long time on a refund makes it all even more stressful until you just want to rip your hair out.

But I agree that the seller does not deserve a negative or a neutral feedback in this case, because it was an honest mistake and the seller went out of their way to try to correct it.

If I was in this situation, I would wait for the ponies to arrive however long it takes, and only then would I leave positive feedback (but make a note in the details field that the shipping was accidentally not what was requested).
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »
This is nit the first time this happen to me.
One time is "oh! I forgot you wanted priority!", another time is "my sister/mother/father/husband/etc shipped it for me and did a mistake" and again "at the p.o. They told me first class is better than priority" and sincerely i am tired of this.

I've shipped A LOT of international packages over many years, and I can't tell you how many times I've had a cashier at the post office try to talk me out of shipping Priority International. The cashier always thinks they are helping you save money. For someone who doesn't ship internationally often, it's a very real possibility that they will believe the postal worker & think they are doing you a favor by saving some money. :huh: In that case, it is a mistake made with good intentions, not a mistake to try to rip off the buyer.

I know you've run into a lot of trouble with shipping lately, SoSilver, but I don't think your seller(s) are doing it with mean intentions.

I hope that everything works out for all of those involved.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 10:10:42 AM »
It was really above and beyond for the seller to refund your money in entirely upon realizing that a shipping error had been made.   You could really only expect a refund on the shipping normally. 

I hope that the ponies arrive safely and you are able to re-pay DirePony soon.  :)  First Class sometimes takes just as long as Priority so maybe they will arrive around the New Year!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:45 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear about all the awful experiences you have had lately soSilver :hug: . I know how frustrating and upsetting dealing with only one can be, let alone dealing with a number of them at once.  I hope that the other issues will get resolved and that these latest ponies will also arrive safely eventually.
I do understand why you are feeling angry and hurt , but in the situation with Direpony I think that he did all he could to resolve things. That in my opinion doesnt deserve a neutral or a negative feedback , since you have your money back, and you'll probably get the ponies too. It was his mistake (which can happen to anyone, even the most experienced sellers)  , and he was quick to try and resolve it with you, which is a much as anyone can do , and by refunding you so quickly and offering to let you keep the ponies, its more than many sellers would do ;)
 Probably you wouldnt have felt so upset if you hadnt been dealing with a lot of other problems at once. I'm hoping that this will all turn out well in the end :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »

I've shipped A LOT of international packages over many years, and I can't tell you how many times I've had a cashier at the post office try to talk me out of shipping Priority International. The cashier always thinks they are helping you save money.

This could not be more TRUE!  And I was going to say that but kitkat, you beat me to the punch, LOL!

Sosilver, I don't think anyone here is faulting you for your feelings.  There are very strong feelings involved with ponies as all of us have experienced at one time or another.

As for this transaction, I feel it might be hurtful and a little too extreme to leave anything but a positive for your seller given that he went above and beyond for his mistake. 

If I were in your shoes, I would actually be thinking about perhaps getting a friend here on the boards who understands your sensitive shipping needs and can adhere to them, to perhaps be the intermediary in all of your future transactions.  You might have to pay a little more for shipping, but it sounds like it might save you money in the long run.

Best of luck to both of you.  Sorry to hear you are going through this.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 07:27:02 PM »
If I were in your shoes, I would actually be thinking about perhaps getting a friend here on the boards who understands your sensitive shipping needs and can adhere to them, to perhaps be the intermediary in all of your future transactions.  You might have to pay a little more for shipping, but it sounds like it might save you money in the long run.

This is such a good idea.

Mailing to Italy, I have actually made the very mistake you are commenting about. I can't remember the exact details, I was either talked into the lesser postage from the postal agent insisting it would only take a few more days, or she rang it up wrong. Anyway, that was my very first experience sending to Italy, and when I finally discovered what it meant for the receiver I felt terrible, I apologized and asked she not send my end of the trade unless hers arrived. But it's so easy if you are a new shipper to get talked into another method by the people working at the post office. Postal workers will also sometimes ring up parcels with the incorrect services from time to time too, I'm always so careful double checking my receipts before I leave. If you have a trusted friend, they'll understand how important this is to you and insure all your mail is forwarded correctly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal