collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 633
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Problem with member Gustyfox solved  (Read 4034 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with member Gustyfox
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
I agree with all written here.... :( Looks like a huge communication error on the sellers part. It's very poor form to ask for additional funds after an amount is agreed upon and paid for....

Even if I *really* wanted an item, I have to agree with you here.... most likely I wouldn't send even a small amount after the fact to cover fees if I was pm'ed for even more money right after paying. It's the principle of it.... Better as a seller to eat an error as a learning experience and be more clear with their selling terms and careful about calculating out costs working those into their prices/terms in the future.

One thing she didn't do though was say she's selling to a higher offer, at least based on the info you provided.

I got offers on her and didn't sold to anyone else because I had priced her US$55. I don't mind giving free shipping.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:18:20 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you both have issues with each other.

I had very good transactions with GustyFox before and there was never a problem.
She bought from me, I bought from her and we traded.
And it's always a pleasure to take business with her.

In Germany we can't use the gift option - but when a seller ask me for it I mostly willing to cover a few $$ when it is a higher priced item...

Sure - anybody who use paypal knows about the feez - but when I see it from GustyFox' point it was also nice from her to offer a cheaper and faster shipping option from the US instead of Brasil... so I guess it hadn't be a big problem to cover a part of her paypalfeez..
Believe me - to ship from the US is very nice - when she sent from Brasil it can take forever and you have 100% to do with customs control from Brasil..

I understand that you're disappointed - but in my opinion is a negative or neutral feedback a bit hard.
She send the money back to you directly - without any discusion. I know - it's still disappointend - but sometimes it's better to cancel a transaction directly then have a never ending story.

In my opinion people often leave to fast negative or neutal feedbacks.  :/

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 12:22:14 PM »
Asking to send money for goods as a gift to get around Paypal fees or asking for more money to cover the fee is against Paypal's ToS. You can get in trouble if you're caught and get your account shut down. Though factoring in the fee to the total cost of the item is okay, you just can't ask the buyer to pay the fee. Every time I've been asked to send pony payments as a gift I send it as goods with the fee on top.

I'd leave bad feedback.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:58:13 PM »
I'm with Sterns on this one.  I don't think it's appropriate to leave negative feedback.  She did refund you promptly and offered to ship your item in a less costly manner.  Honestly, she made a simple mistake about PayPal fees, and respectfully asked you for a few more dollars.  I don't see where Gusty was in the wrong by doing this?!  It was your decision to not send the extra $5. 

Ultimately it is the sellers decision to sell their pony.  Why should she sell it for a loss?  She is well within her right to decline the sale and refund your money.  I certainly would be disappointed, but this is not a situation that merits negative feedback.  I certainly wouldn't want $5 to haunt me and prevent me from entering any Arena swaps! 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 01:23:13 PM »
I vote for neutral feedback to be left, not because of the whole Paypal issue. Strictly because of how bad it is business-wise for a person to agree to sell something and then take it back. Agreeing to a sale, to the point where there has been an agreement on shipping and money has been sent, is a binding transaction. Of course a seller has the right to decline a sale or trade when it is first offered, but it's not right to put up a sale, accept an offer, change their mind, then refund the buyer because they're losing money. That's just not cool.

Look at it as if this had been an ebay transaction. If the auction had ended and Honeycomb had sent money, only to have the seller refund it days later and say they didn't want to do the transaction anymore because they were losing money on shipping or Paypal fees, we would all agree that neutral or negative feedback would be appropriate. Especially if the seller flat out admitted they had already gotten a higher offer on the item.

Asking to send money for goods as a gift to get around Paypal fees or asking for more money to cover the fee is against Paypal's ToS. You can get in trouble if you're caught and get your account shut down.

This is true too.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:25:30 PM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 01:56:35 PM »
I didn't foresee taxes on this transaction would be higher than the usual 5%, I'm sorry about it.

MLPArena rules are not eBay rules (at least I didn't found it stated anywhere), I didn't found satated that sales are final or that I'm not allowed to give up a salle, or not allowed to change my mind. That's why I allowed myself to change my mind about this sell.
For instance, I recently had Bowtie on hold for 3 months, buyer changed her mind, nothing can be done, people are allowed to it. I lost other people that were interested back there, but (in my opinion) there is no one to blame here, rules doesn't cover that.

If i did anything against the rules I'll do my best to fix it, including sending you some sort of compensation, what I had in mind anyway.

I understand it's a paypal issue and not your fault. But the situation is, for US$52 I would be paying for shipping and giving a non intentional discount.
Exactly the same way you're not willing to pay more, I'm not willing to put some money into this transaction as well.

Once more, if there are rules for such situation just direct me to the post, I'm going to fix things up as soon as possible if I messed up.

By the way, I requested the payment to be sent as a gift, you sent the payment and then told me you couldn't send as gift.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Gustyfox, thanks for coming here to post.
I understand that you don't want to make a loss on a pony sale. Nobody wants that. I know most of us have been there before, making less than we anticipated. But you are not new to selling on here, and you should have known that paypal is going to take a large chunk of money out of it. It's not the first time you have sold using paypal. If you don't want to cover these fees, than you should have asked for a higher price on the pony, or wrote it in your sales thread.
Also, as a buyer it is not my responsibility to send money as a gift when I am clearly making a purchase, my main responsibility is to pay on time.
I would have done send the money as a gift because you politely asked me to do it, if we had that choice in Germany, but we haven't, and you know that because of previous transactions you had.
I don't think that this is the correct way to do business, neither on ebay, nor on here. Especially not on here. Ebay rules are not mlparena rules, sure, BUT, common sales practice and behaviour applies here too, even more so, I think.
I'm sorry about all that, but because I am really unhappy about this transaction, I am going to leave feeback to reflect this. :(

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
I didn't foresee taxes on this transaction would be higher than the usual 5%, I'm sorry about it.

I get the impression that a larger amount of fees were taken from this transaction than the amount of fees in past transactions.

Is it possible that Paypal recently changed the amount of fees it takes from transactions to Brazil? If that is what happened here, I can understand a seller's point of view to be losing a lot more money than she expected to lose in fees.

It sounds like the details of the sale were not fully worked out before the payment was sent. If the seller requested it to be sent as a gift, the buyer should respond to say that sending as a gift is not an option. Next both buyer & seller should agree on how the fees will be handled. After that the payment should be sent.

I know both of you are long-time members here with lots of buying & selling experience. Rather than let emotions take over, maybe the 2 of you could communicate & come to an agreement. Maybe splitting the fees in half would be fair? This sale could still end positively for both of you. :)

Offline GustyFox

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 09:51:39 PM »
Well, as I mentioned, I don't know why it happened. I know with a Brazilian account I pay some extra fees that other countries doesn't have to pay. I don't know why your transaction costed more than other transactions I did recently.
I sold to Germany recently, as some of you checked, if things were as planned I wouldn't send the money back and undo the whole thing. Before anything else I want to sell the pony. And indeed "undoing" the whole business is not good for me as well.

About the gift option:
Just living in one country doesn't means necessarily your account is registered and based there. I sold to people living in Argentina that had US accounts. I had an US based account for a while. I'm dealing with an american that is living in UK. Just because you gave me a German shipping address doesn't mean your account is surely based in Germany. That's why I asked if you could send as gift, if I was sure you couldn't I wouldn't had asked at all.

Sure, it's not your responsibility sending as gift, even if your account had the option you could also decline doing, it's entirely your option and I understand. If you had declined and let me know before doing the payment we could have talked about it before the payment. May be even worked on other ways of payment if it were the case.
In the same way sellers here usually send packs as gifts (at least it's how I get most of mines even if I don't request it directly sometimes), we do it because we know we can avoid our fellows some trouble, it's nice, it's not mandatory.

Of course that is not the perfect ending for me as well, as I want to sell the pony. I'll be flying soon and holding things back is not good for me right now. I just can't afford the extra expense at this time, otherwise I would just send the pony. Even free shipping would be ok but more than that is kinda too much for me to afford at this time, specially considering it is a pony that I can get what I had in mind for (even after fees).

Fell free to leave the feedback you find fair. It's also your right to state how you feel/felt about the transaction, or lack of transaction. I don't see it as personal and understand.

As I mentioned before I'm going to send you something that, I hope, may do it for the harassment. I'm doing it because, despite everything else, I understand you went through a frustrating process that is somewhat my fault.

I contacted paypal and I'm checking Brazilian fees (I don't want this kind of surprise again also). If you have any suggestion on how to conclude the transaction in a way that would satisfy both I'm more than willing to work something out.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
I'd leave negative feedback. To my way of thinking - it wasn't necessarily bad service to ask someone to pay via "gift," or cover fees, but to then say, "well now I'm going with someone else who will pay me more" is very, very bad form. There isn't even an option given; if GustyFox had said, "Okay, either you can pay me the fees I need, or I will sell to someone else who is wiling to pay the fees," then that would have been okay, to my mind. You're giving someone the option, and letting them know that you're not willing to sell it for that price. (And I definitely understand not wanting to lose money on a sale!) But to just turn around and immediately resell an already-sold pony feels ... shady, to me. It would be an insta-neg on eBay.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline GustyFox

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »
I still have the pony, still marked as on hold until a final decision.

I had a few people interested in her, even some offers, I never said I'm going to take more than what I originally wanted for her. That's not my intention, I just don't want to get less.
If we don't find a way to go through it then, yes, I'm going to offer the pony to other people who PMed me about her, in the order they PMed.

Sorry but just because I mentioned I got offers doesn't mean I accepted them or that the pony is already sold to anyone else.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
Since you paid for it and it was a transaction, I don't see why you can't leave bad feedback. That is completely rude of her! Thanks for the heads up. A sale is a sale.. that's just ridiculous that she refunded your money to make more after she already sold it to you. And to go and ask for more money after you already paid... ugh.

Thanks for the heads up on them.

Agree with karrie.

Ouch.. i'm very sorry to hear this :( I've had this (with another seller though!) so i know how much it can hurt. You had an agreement and *poof* it's gone. No fair.... sorry again, it just saddens me :hug:

The paypal fee thing should, in my opinion, be mentioned up front. Not after you paid the agreed price. I can understand it is no fun for her seeing her money being eaten up by paypal fees... but still.... it is totally not appropriate to sell to another. A standard price is not an aution. You should have gotten the pony, that's only fair.

lil edit: i dó think gusty is trying very hard to find a solution as i see here. very glad to see a good communication between the two of you here
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:27:31 PM by hokuspokus »

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
I don't want to drag this out longer than it has to be.
It's always good to hear other people's opinions on these things.
Thanks for explaining again, Gustyfox. I believe you that paypal might have changed their fee system, who knows what they are up to.
Feel free to offer the pony for sale again, it doesn't matter.
I'm not angry anymore. I won't leave feedback, but please include more selling details in your next sales post.
I don't need any compensation, because I didn't suffer any monetary loss, and neither did you.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »
I just want to add a thank you for discussing this issue in public.
I find threads like these very helpful because they tend to tell a lot about the people involved, their attitude, their trading ability etc.
In fact, sometimes a thread like this can tell more than a +100 feedback.
We all make mistakes sometimes. I mean to me a good trader is not someone who supposedly never gets into trouble but someone who resolves it well if/when they get into trouble.
-

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 04:16:30 AM »
We all make mistakes sometimes. I mean to me a good trader is not someone who supposedly never gets into trouble but someone who resolves it well if/when they get into trouble.

True ^^  :)   I'm very glad to see both of you discussing the situation and working it out amicably.  I know its an upsetting situation for both of you, so I think that you are handling it  well  :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal