collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: At what point should I worry?  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
At what point should I worry?
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »
Feel a bit silly posting this, but I'm hoping to maybe be put at ease...

I know topics on how long parcels can take to get overseas are often exhausted on this forum, but argh! Mine has gone past the three week mark!

I'm a bit worried as it isn't a tracked/insured parcel (my risk, I know) but all my parcels from overseas have never taken more than a week and a half to get to me - is this just luck? This parcel I am waiting on (with some much anticipated ponies) is coming from Canada. Anyone have any past experiences that might give me an idea of how long something should take to get to me here in NZ?

I did send the seller a PM to advise I hadn't yet received the parcel (they had posted it back on the 13th of March), but that was a few days ago now, and I haven't heard back from her  :huh:  She's not terribly active on the arena which could explain it, but I am a little surprised she hasn't responded  :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: At what point should I worry?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »
Yes, in "theory" most airmail international packages should probably get to their destination within 7 to 21 days....but theory is a wonderful thing....

The reason the paypal window for filing a claim is so long is because international post can take such a significant amount of time. Personally I know Canadian mail to me in the UK takes longer on average than from other locations - but that could be Canada Mail, Royal Mail or simply just randomness - although its not as bad as mail from anywhere in South America!

At 3 weeks...yes, I would have sent the seller a little "just to let you know its not arrived yet" pm and I would make a note to keep an eye on paypal deadline but I wouldnt actually be incredibly concerned it wasnt going to arrive...just yet.

The key is to make sure your seller comes back to you in the next few days just to double check the date they posted it is when you think - you could always email them on the email address they will have given you for paypal payment in case as you mention they are simply not on the Arena with enough regularity to know you are trying to get in touch

After which just keep a running eye on your filing deadline or ideally see if you can work something out with the seller instead if you do start getting to 4 or 5 weeks and it still hasnt arrived. I always think on the Arena its nicer to work something out directly with someone rather than filing and also when we dont pay for insurance or registered mail there is that kind of "part risk" by both parties on the postage side.

I hope it turns up for you soon!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 04:37:50 AM »
I just had a buyer receive their items yesterday and they were posted the same day as yours (March 13th).  So I second the time frame.  I also just had some items returned to me by the post because the buyer did not forward her mail properly.  In all the years of pony dealings, I think I have had maybe one package go missing on me...

Hope that eases your mind a little   

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
It's always scary waiting on a package when it hits the 3 week mark especially if your used to it only taking a week or so.

But I would give it some more time as the post has been extremely slow at the moment everywhere.

And I am going by your post that the purchase was here.  If so, has she read your last PM? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 07:18:49 AM »
Keep your 45 day Paypal claim date in mind, just in case, but I can only echo what has already been said, three weeks isn't uncommon and it seems that Canada post has been a bit slower than normal of late. ;)
  Keep us posted!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:01:18 AM »
Canadian packages have been taking a really long time to arrive to me lately, and I live in a state that borders Canada! So I think maybe they're just being slow in general. And combined with customs clearance, which could take anywhere from days to weeks depending on the backlog for NZ, it could certainly take several weeks to get to you. But I agree with keeping the Paypal deadline in mind. If the package still hasn't arrived by the deadline, you have a right to open a claim. If the package arrives in the meantime, you can always cancel the claim.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »
I had two packages take a while, shipped from the USA to Canada, and one to Finland I think. The canada one took a month, and the finland one just a little over that. I was terribly afraid that they had been lost. As a seller doing first time international shipping, I was stressed. I'd give it a bit longer.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »
I'm worried about my item coming from Germany... I have been waiting since January...  :(  Any advice on how that postal service is moving along?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:54:52 PM »
Hey, thanks everyone - I do feel a little better! I'll wait a bit longer, but will try and contact the seller again.

Re paypal claims - does that take money back off the seller?  I'd feel a bit weird about that, as if she has sent as advised, then the item getting lost isn't really their fault either? argh! Moral conflict!  I'll try and get in touch to talk it through in the event the package never turns up, I guess. Urgh... I hate these situations!

Hope your package turns up soon, too, lovesbabysquirmy!!

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
Hey, thanks everyone - I do feel a little better! I'll wait a bit longer, but will try and contact the seller again.

Re paypal claims - does that take money back off the seller?  I'd feel a bit weird about that, as if she has sent as advised, then the item getting lost isn't really their fault either? argh! Moral conflict!  I'll try and get in touch to talk it through in the event the package never turns up, I guess. Urgh... I hate these situations!

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't believe it takes the funds away from the seller until a decision has been made for the claim. It might prevent the seller from removing funds from the account for obvious reasons until that decisions is made though.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
Lately I've been worried about two packages. I did a trade with a member here from Belgium and while both of us shipped in early March, neither of us have gotten our packages. I was able to enter the customs form number into the USPS tracking site, but it doesn't show anything after it left the US from Chicago on March 4th. At least seeing how others have had packages take longer to show up, I'm a bit less worried, but it is hard not to when most of the packages I've sent and received from other countries have for the most part, arrived in 2 weeks or less.

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
I'm worried about my item coming from Germany... I have been waiting since January...  :(  Any advice on how that postal service is moving along?

I remember you mentioning this before when I was waiting for a pony from Germany too. This seems much too long to me, I've ordered several things from Germany lately and three weeks was the maximum wait time; most of the packages took a week or so. Do you know which shipping method was chosen? I think mine have all been the German equivalent of first class, so maybe if it was economy shipping it would take longer. But since January, that seems really long!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 08:45:48 PM »

I remember you mentioning this before when I was waiting for a pony from Germany too. This seems much too long to me, I've ordered several things from Germany lately and three weeks was the maximum wait time; most of the packages took a week or so. Do you know which shipping method was chosen? I think mine have all been the German equivalent of first class, so maybe if it was economy shipping it would take longer. But since January, that seems really long!

I don't know... I sent the girl I'm trading with a PM about the matter yesterday but no answer yet...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »

You can always let the seller know that you will file by the deadline just to cover yourself, but if they show up, you will be happy to send the money back to them.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
Marlin I would try not to worry just yet :hug: . International post can be unpredictible. somtimes it can arrive in a less than a week, other times its 4 or 5 weeks (and on  occasion longer).  I'd give it another week before contacting your seller ( using their paypal addy to email them on might be a good idea if they arent active on the arena much ). Other than that, keep an eye on the 45 day deadline. if it comes close to that deadline, contact the seller first and see if they would be willing to work something out before opening a case.
LBS in your case I would be concerned since its been  more than 3 months :yikes: . Lets hope your seller responds soon, because you have been more than patient. Unless they sent the item by surface mail/boat then it really should have arrived before now, even with the slow shipping times.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal