collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 540
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3  (Read 78979 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: Ball Jointed Dolls- Thread #3
« Reply #1260 on: June 28, 2016, 01:45:04 AM »
Double joints are always worth spending a little more on. The difference in posing ability is huge.

autieluna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1261 on: June 28, 2016, 04:48:39 AM »
Wow, what a collection!  Are you sending them out for coloring or are you going to try yourself?  They are really lovely!  My favorite dolls are the ones that look most unique...

I had an exciting day yesterday too- I got my Popovy finally!  She is wearing a borrowed wig and dress (which doesn't quite suit her). But I will find something better eventually- I really like her, she poses like a dream.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Her teeth and eyes faceup details are so nice and lovely!!  :lovey:

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 28, 2016, 08:26:58 AM »
My Luna got a new dress the other day. It wasn't meant for her, but she's so pretty in it!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #1263 on: June 28, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »
wow! she's gorgeous!!
so i've never done layaway with a company before, in the past i've either bought second hand, or sold like crazy to buy the doll out right. well.. that's what i'm doing for the frise doll and the doll leaves jeremy. for those that have done dolly layaway. how did it go for you?
i was thinking of doing 6 months, so they will come just after Christmas, but maybe that's bad planning. as i think i'd have to pay extra for shipping that month.

should i wait to see if doll leaves or luts have any events over the next few months to take advantage of? or should i just order them and wait?

has anyone one ordered from Mint on card before? it makes me a little nervous that they can cancel your order and keep the payments if they want to. yes there are conditions etc, but still a little scary.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #1264 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:29 AM »
wow! she's gorgeous!!
so i've never done layaway with a company before, in the past i've either bought second hand, or sold like crazy to buy the doll out right. well.. that's what i'm doing for the frise doll and the doll leaves jeremy. for those that have done dolly layaway. how did it go for you?
i was thinking of doing 6 months, so they will come just after Christmas, but maybe that's bad planning. as i think i'd have to pay extra for shipping that month.

should i wait to see if doll leaves or luts have any events over the next few months to take advantage of? or should i just order them and wait?

has anyone one ordered from Mint on card before? it makes me a little nervous that they can cancel your order and keep the payments if they want to. yes there are conditions etc, but still a little scary.

I buy dolls most of the time on layaway, it is just easier for me to have my payments split up as my doll funds usually come from money I earn from my art. I have had layaway with Mint on Card several times and even currently have a layaway with them. I love MoC, they are so nice and have great customer service. You just have to pay your layaway payments on time, I suggest writing them on a calendar/planner/iPhone calendar or something like that. I think the cancelling your order and keeping layaway payments mostly happens with flaky buyers who stop making layaway payments and MoC has already ordered the doll and now they will be stuck with the remainder of the money owed for the doll as well as a doll. If you are making your payments on time, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 29, 2016, 10:20:42 AM »
I can't believe how fast my Big Dipper arrived. The frog should be here soon too. I haven't even had a chance to sketch out my ideas for their blush! Gah!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #1266 on: June 29, 2016, 02:56:19 PM »
wow! she's gorgeous!!

I buy dolls most of the time on layaway, it is just easier for me to have my payments split up as my doll funds usually come from money I earn from my art. I have had layaway with Mint on Card several times and even currently have a layaway with them. I love MoC, they are so nice and have great customer service. You just have to pay your layaway payments on time, I suggest writing them on a calendar/planner/iPhone calendar or something like that. I think the cancelling your order and keeping layaway payments mostly happens with flaky buyers who stop making layaway payments and MoC has already ordered the doll and now they will be stuck with the remainder of the money owed for the doll as well as a doll. If you are making your payments on time, you shouldn't have any issues at all.
that's good to know. i was thinking i should do them as separate orders, but i'll just order them in one. i'll wait till july though. just in case any events start. but i don't think i want to wait too long.

when do most companies have their events? i know i just missed the doll leaves one, cuz i couldn't make a decision.... sad face.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 29, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
My Luna got a new dress the other day. It wasn't meant for her, but she's so pretty in it!

Oooh- she's gorgeous!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 13, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »
So, it has been ages since I actually shared any pictures of my BJD (in singular, as I actually only have one left!). Anyhow, here is some picture spam of my little sweetheart, Teddie.

Like a deer by Katrine, on Flickr

Sad face, but oh so adorable by Katrine, on Flickr
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #1269 on: July 15, 2016, 08:57:35 AM »
She's adorable, katrine2309!  :)

Blog

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 17, 2016, 01:28:21 PM »
My Pukifee Ante Victoria arrived yesterday! Her and my Jun Planning AI Moss Rose (Tori's little sister) have been having some wonderful "bonding" time together!

And one more:
(photobomb by my Pipos Cheshire Valentine who seemed very interested in what the girls were talking about along with my Bobobie Elfkin Leif watching from the right)

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1271 on: July 18, 2016, 05:38:54 AM »
How cute! I'd keep an eye on Ms Ante, she appears to want to rule the roost lol

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 18, 2016, 02:17:14 PM »
How cute! I'd keep an eye on Ms Ante, she appears to want to rule the roost lol
Oh yeah I can totally see that, she's already getting a little demanding and reminding me that two dresses, a hair clip and a pair of socks are not enough things. xD May have to break out some fabric and get to sewing. xD

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1273 on: July 20, 2016, 07:03:41 AM »
I've been staring at Soom lucky since they first released her and have finally decided to buy one. Wheeeeee. Of course now starts the agonizing process of wig shopping.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 20, 2016, 07:23:21 AM »
I can't believe how fast my Big Dipper arrived. The frog should be here soon too. I haven't even had a chance to sketch out my ideas for their blush! Gah!

I'd love to see pics if you do some sketches!  Or even just pics of the plain dolls.  :)

I really need to take my Big Dipper out of my Mom's safe.  Even if I don't have time to do the faceup.  I just want it now, lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal