collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65352 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2022, 06:40:10 PM »
went to the zoo, listen to the sister argue with her  boyfriend about carpet names, and then did some shopping
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2022, 02:26:08 AM »
When you KNOW there are things to do but can you get them done???
This is me today. Things I need to do: hang up socks, find a bag & fill with current rubbish, sew on a torn fin of a soft sharky slipper, more knitting, check freezer for ice again, make a pie for dinner. Will I get it done??? Not if today's anything like yesterday. At least I'm getting decent sleep

Farm & zoo both sound cute. Any other mals & what were your faves???

Pets do take a while to settle in so patience is best xxx You can do it Luna xxx

Artie I'm glad I don't have your neighbours. Mine are bad enough & the reason I NEVER have curtains open (which saves me from the worst of summer's heat & winter's chill too), as well as the reason I hardly leave the house
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:32:10 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2022, 04:29:56 AM »
Carpet names...?

Today I have housework to do, it's been neglected for a few days. I need to empty the dishwasher (I have it but don't use it very often because it's just me and my cat and we don't make a lot of dishes...), wash the dishes (not going in the washer), clean the litter boxes, break down some boxes, gather garbage, do laundry, take a shower. And I should probably eat today. I haven't had anything in two days. It started because I had a bad stomach ache, then I went through hunger pangs but they finally stopped and I've been coasting since. Drinking lots of water though.

I'd like to finish at least one custom today. These three have been mostly done for weeks now.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2022, 10:33:23 AM »
Carpet names...?

Today I have housework to do, it's been neglected for a few days. I need to empty the dishwasher (I have it but don't use it very often because it's just me and my cat and we don't make a lot of dishes...), wash the dishes (not going in the washer), clean the litter boxes, break down some boxes, gather garbage, do laundry, take a shower. And I should probably eat today. I haven't had anything in two days. It started because I had a bad stomach ache, then I went through hunger pangs but they finally stopped and I've been coasting since. Drinking lots of water though.

I'd like to finish at least one custom today. These three have been mostly done for weeks now.
apparently different carpet stores have different names for the exact same thing.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2022, 10:39:01 AM »
Oh. I've never been carpet shopping so I didn't even know they had names :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2022, 02:00:21 PM »
went to the zoo, listen to the sister argue with her  boyfriend about carpet names, and then did some shopping

I was also wondering about this. I have noticed that when my OH or I or both of us are tense, we can argue about stuff like that. I find it hard to avoid being tense in the heat.

A new black and white tom cat has appeared, sniffing around the hedgehog's food. I hissed him away earlier. If it rains next week I'll cut down on the amount I'm putting out because the hedgehogs shouldn't need it as much. I got my little water feature going in the garden and tried to sit out, but I got chased away by a wasp. So much for that. I went to Mum and Dad's for lunch where I met with my sister and her family. I agve my niece her birthday present and my sister gave me some second hand maternity clothes.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2022, 02:19:37 PM »
ugh @Artie i don't like nosy neighbors. at one place we lived we caught our neighbor listening outside our front door multiple times. i put up a doorbell camera and it stopped. he was an ex-cop and thought that made him neighborhood watch man.

ran the carpet cleaner today. but there was another accident :( not on the carpet though. she'll get better. i find sometimes they just stand at the door until someone sees instead of whining or barking.

their communication styles can be very different. my chihuahua will just stare at the water bowl if she's thirsty. and then if i walk by she gives me a look of disapproval. our Beagle/Lab mix will bark and cause a fuss.

today i'm mostly relaxing. hoping for rain but i think all of it will be further south.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2022, 08:47:43 AM »
I DID EVERYTHING!!! The bin has been picked up today too, so the rubbish is all clear.
Cloudy today so no need to change over tea towel at least.
Going to do a test I got from the support worker to see if I can go to Coffee tomorrow. I like Coffee but I want to be safe.
Today more knitting planned. Let's see what else I can work on too. Was also reminded about a small corner of the house in need of a sweeping, so got that done with a dustpan & brush

Awww Luna you can get there xxx

Happy BD Artie's niece!!! And yep, those maternity clothes will soon prove their worth xxx

BC I hope you get at least some housework done xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2022, 09:10:50 AM »
Congrats, PBW! It feels good when you get things done :)

I'm really tired today. I even slept in after I took my medicine. Yesterday I did a lot though. Not everything, but most of it.

I decided I don't like how I put the fur on one of these customs. It looks bad and you can see the glue :huh: I'm not sure how to get it off though. Maybe if I run hot water over it the glue will loosen.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2022, 08:39:51 AM »
i'm in a crummy mood today. it's one of those days where i just want to be left alone.

besides work, i have some cleaning and organizing to do today. usually getting away from the computer helps my bad moods.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2022, 04:36:05 AM »
Missed coffee anyway due to feeling super tired, like I crashed out for more than 18 hours, only getting up for the bathroom!!! Also the day itself was lazy. Still to feed back an eBay order...

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2022, 08:45:00 AM »
i'm in a crummy mood today. it's one of those days where i just want to be left alone.

besides work, i have some cleaning and organizing to do today. usually getting away from the computer helps my bad moods.

I felt like that yesterday, and today! I was sorry for letting people see my bad mood. Taffeta says she's had rain, but there's been no rain in Norfolk. A good downpour would probably make me feel a lot better. I'm just going to end up falling asleep watching below deck probably.

Missed coffee anyway due to feeling super tired, like I crashed out for more than 18 hours, only getting up for the bathroom!!! Also the day itself was lazy. Still to feed back an eBay order...

Awh! Sorry to hear you missed your social event. But it sounds as though you needed some rest.

I was working fom home today. Feeling really fed up with my job, every project or task turns out to be nonsense. I moved some plants around at lunch time. Nearly finished clearing the old patio and hope that someone can come and re-lay it soon. At the moment, the water runs towards the house, not away from it!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2022, 05:05:35 AM »
lots of meetings today. at least most of them are early in the day so hopefully i'll get time to do actual work. seriously when do you get work done when you're stuck on calls for most of the day? i think the unspoken expectation is that we multitask. but i can't work with people talking. multitasking isn't a good way to work. also it's Thursday so at least the weekend is close.

i'm still in a bad mood and i didn't get much cleaning done over the last few days. but some of the furniture we ordered a while back was delivered. so now i have more storage space to organize stuff. time to get the label maker working again :)

i'm also trying to find a time to get some mulch and a taller ladder. i think i'll need to use my parent's car since they have an SUV and more space to carry stuff.

also need to work on that annoying side project and do more interview prep. i'm hoping to hear about a job opportunity soon so we'll see. :)

also hoping for some much needed rain this week.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:17:13 AM by Beth3346 »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2022, 05:19:47 AM »
^ It's been proven that humans can't really multitask anyway. Our brains can only concentrate and focus on one thing at a time. Trying to multitask is a waste of brain power and energy.

Today I'm very tired. I went to bed early and slept my usual 10 hours, but I woke up a lot. My back hurts. My stomach isn't feeling well since I ate too close to bedtime last night. I want to work on my Halloween swap pony today and maybe start another needle felting project. I bought orange wool locks so I can make myself an orange sheep :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2022, 09:31:52 AM »
Scotland has had some rain; I got wet taking the bin back.

I TRY to get a decent sleep schedule, but something ALWAYS happens & I end up staying awake too long, gripped by a fascinating conversation, or busy working on a thing. Like, I woke at a decent time yesterday, but had: two packages arrive & needing sorted, three packages to feed back on (yep that delayed feedback FINALLY got left), dishes to do, some very lively conversations on Discord, some fun vids on the Youtube subs, knitting to do, AND food to make & eat!!! Both packages also featured now Ponies, so photographing ESSENTIAL to log in for collection pics, plus they needed grooming & ribbons. Not even prepped the baity Pony who came with one of the new ones yet (her hair is a state so she'll become a different Pony of similar colour & species, complete with brand new hair).
Everybody else manages to find time to Customise. I haven't for a while... Time runs away from me to the point I don't realise it's bedtime until it's nearly 3am!!! And then I have things to do in the bedroom... Hence not waking today until about 4pm!!!

BC disturbed sleep is the worst!!! Beth, with everything else you're up to, don't be surprised you didn't get to clean anything!!! Artie I'd feel fed up with work like that xxx And I also hope somebody with sense redoes your patio

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal