collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90325 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #825 on: November 29, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
Yeah, I think it would be nice if soon Ditto didn't hide in Rattatas and Pidgeys, etc. anymore; it's a fun idea and very Ditto-like to hide like that, but it does make it more difficult for players to find him, since 1) they'll waste precious Pokeballs on Pidgeys and Rattatas, and 2) he won't show up on a tracker. Maybe if they even just made it so that he shows up on the tracker, but you don't know which Pokémon specifically he is because he's still disguised, it would be enough. Also, I wonder if you can hatch a Ditto? Seems like if that's not a thing yet it should be; that would increase players' chances, too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

^Krabby the other day at Red Lobster. "Run, Krabby! You're not safe here!!!"

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 29, 2016, 08:31:59 PM »

^Krabby the other day at Red Lobster. "Run, Krabby! You're not safe here!!!"

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 30, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
I caught Ditto today :O

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 01, 2016, 05:44:19 AM »
I was seriously ready to uninstall the game yesterday. It wouldn't load any Pokestops or Pokemon for several hours, so I missed out on getting any items from the Pokestop at my job. Then, when it started working correctly again, I got a little excited because it seems like they rolled the new tracker out to the rest of the US.

Except the tracker is terrible for those of us that don't live in Pokestop heavy areas, and I understand the complaints now.

A Pokémon could be right outside my house but I wouldn't know it because it only shows Pokémon near Pokestops. There's one Pokestop by my house, so it shows me the stops that aren't really that close to me. -_-

I hate complaining about this game because I don't want to sound entitled, especially since it's free-to-play. When all of my friends gave up on it, I kept playing and having fun anyway. But between the speed cap, not being able to find Ditto and wasting what few Pokeballs I have in the process of trying to get one, having CP 100 Pidgeys RUN AWAY from me after only throwing a ball at them twice, knowing I won't complete the dex, and now this tracker thing... I dunno, man. It's more frustrating than fun at this point.

I can at least say it was a nice thing to hold me over until Sun and Moon came out. I'm not quite ready to uninstall the game just yet, I just miss having fun with it. :( And I come here to vent because none of my friends care about the game anymore and I'm sure as hell not going to complain on Reddit. :lol:

To end this on a positive note, Haruna that picture is hilarious.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 01, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
I caught Ditto today :O
Yay!! He's so cute :)

@Rainbowrific Renia: I know what you mean, and I have a bad feeling that I'll get more frustrated with this new tracker if it stays the same. Yesterday I had the old sightings until around 6ish; I was able to see that there was a Magikarp spawning and I went and got it in its usual place in my neighborhood, as I'm collecting for a Gyrados (one that doesn't have Twister, I hope). After 6, though, I could only see the Pokemon who were literally at my feet (my house has turned into a spawn point for commons), not the regular Magikarp spawns that I know are there, or the occasional starters, Pikachu, Vulpix, and even Dratini that have been popping up in our neighborhood. There are no Pokestops near me, so I'm not sure what it will look like when I go somewhere there are a lot, but I don't have high hopes. Usually the best Pokemon aren't near the stops. I don't think I'll be playing as much if I can't see what's nearby. Aimless wandering does not sound fun . . . I'll hope, I guess, that I'll be lucky enough to open the app when there's something cool near a Pokestop I can get to in time. In my suburban area, though, that equates to a lot of driving, which is kind of the opposite of what I thought the app was for.

I sent an email through their "report a bug" contact system because someone online said that's one of the few ways to get to them. I tried to be polite but emphasized that the new tracker takes most of the remaining fun out of the game. I might even open a Twitter account to share feedback about the new tracker; I don't know if that's overkill, though, as it is just a game. But, like you, I miss it being fun :(

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 01, 2016, 11:58:41 AM »
I've had my share of negativity in this thread, so I didn't want to say it, but I completely agree that this is not fun anymore, and for the exact same reasons. We got the new tracker last night too, and, while I do have about 6-7 stops in view from my home (three are a cluster), I want to know what's near me, not a ten minute walk away. I love how you can click the footprints and it 'tracks' the Pokestop. Like thanks Niantic, I couldn't figure that one out for myself. Nope.

I just haven't been playing, I'm so close to the end, but I feel like there is no point anymore. Two of the five Pokemon I need to evolve I have only gotten through egg hatches, or from a nest that is gone, so I'm not going to bank on unexpectedly find them on a walk. One doesn't have an evolution and is flat out rare. The other two did show up occasionally, but since Ditto brought forth the Pidgey and Rattata infestation back, I barely see them anymore. Plus, it's colder now so I don't feel it's rewarding to walk the remaining KM to buddy grind.

I've heard a rumour, but I guess no way to prove it, that Ditto was common for the first three days of release and then became more rare. I hope everyone still looking can find one.

I'm also on edge to uninstall, but there is a part of me that still wants to finish. Though, if Gen 2 is released this month like they're saying, yeah. I'm done. Don't even need the temptation of getting hooked into round two. Very accurate that it kept us busy until Sun/Moon.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 01, 2016, 10:39:03 PM »
I took a fun picture on Black Friday, LOL! They weren't kidding when they said you can get Eevee at Build a Bear! ;)

Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 02, 2016, 05:43:33 AM »
I took a fun picture on Black Friday, LOL! They weren't kidding when they said you can get Eevee at Build a Bear! ;)

Aww, I'd go to Build a Bear for her! :heart: I love Eevee.

I just haven't been playing, I'm so close to the end, but I feel like there is no point anymore. Two of the five Pokemon I need to evolve I have only gotten through egg hatches, or from a nest that is gone, so I'm not going to bank on unexpectedly find them on a walk. One doesn't have an evolution and is flat out rare. The other two did show up occasionally, but since Ditto brought forth the Pidgey and Rattata infestation back, I barely see them anymore. Plus, it's colder now so I don't feel it's rewarding to walk the remaining KM to buddy grind.

Yeah, from here on out (if they don't listen to feedback and keep this new tracker) it seems like the only way to find particular Pokemon or their evolution-chain counterparts is to unexpectedly stumble onto them. There's a 1 out of 145-ish chance that that particular Pokemon will ever even be at a Pokestop . . . Actually, the odds are worse in many cases, of course, because certain Pokemon are rarer.

I randomly stumbled upon a Bulbasaur and a Diglett about 500 yards from my house yesterday; hope I didn't miss out on anything rarer. I also went to the one rare spawn point I can count on (which happens to be a Pokestop at a park ~10 miles from my house); I found some good stuff (Ponyta, Machop, Magnemite, and Snorlax! I am hyped about him, I admit), but I would have gone there anyway because I know it to be a good spawn point.

If Niantic severely limited common spawns and made Pokestops full of rare or rare-ish Pokemon, maybe that would make me happy. But it's more fun when you don't know exactly what's at a Pokestop.

My Pokemon life currently, lol:

Sightings from my house Monday night. Although my neighborhood has lots of common Pokemon, which is to be expected, with the old sightings I could at least see the good stuff that popped up. (Unfortunately I didn't get the Gyrados; it was near midnight and I couldn't leave without waking everybody :cry:)

Sightings from my house Wednesday, ai yai yai. Even if I really wanted one of these, these Pokestops are all about a 15 minute walk away if I hurried, across one or two (in Oddish's case) busy roads of 4 to 5 lanes. There's no guarantee they'd be there when I got there; when I was out on Thursday I tracked a Psyduck at a Pokestop just because and then when I got there it told me "The Pokemon fled!" However, it still showed me the Psyduck on my sightings for quite a while afterwards. :|

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:46:20 AM by Haruna »

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 02, 2016, 01:50:18 PM »
I'm not going to delete the game, but I think I'm going to take a break until spring.

sailorstitch

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 02, 2016, 06:06:54 PM »
Hmm . . . well, they seem to have changed the sightings again so that if you're not near a Pokestop (not sure how near), the old sightings come back (seeing Pokemon 200 m around you). It's kind of a mixed bag for me because in my neighborhood we're just on the edge of the range of that Pokestop over the multi-lane road; if I walk about 100 feet from my house, I can see Pokemon 200 meters around me like before, but in my house I'm blind to anything but that Pokestop, lol. At this point I just have to laugh ^^; Ideally maybe they'd let us toggle between Pokestop sightings and the old Nearby sightings. At least I was able to find a Vulpix near a Pokestop today because of the new system. It's all crazy . . .

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 02, 2016, 07:36:57 PM »
So I've managed to get up to the 4-day-in-a-row bonus (yahoo!!), and while I'm loving the extra exp and such, has anyone else noticed a SHARP decline in the items you get from pokestops? It used to be that, occasionally, I'd get 5-10 items at once, usually averaging a couple of pokeballs and a couple potions, and today I never got anything over 3, except for the initial "bonus" spin. :/ It seemed like every pokestop I hit, I'd get one pokeball, a candy, and a potion. And considering how many pidgeys I'm trying to catch for a Ditto, I'm blowing through the pokeballs like crazy!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 03, 2016, 10:19:43 AM »
So I've managed to get up to the 4-day-in-a-row bonus (yahoo!!), and while I'm loving the extra exp and such, has anyone else noticed a SHARP decline in the items you get from pokestops? It used to be that, occasionally, I'd get 5-10 items at once, usually averaging a couple of pokeballs and a couple potions, and today I never got anything over 3, except for the initial "bonus" spin. :/ It seemed like every pokestop I hit, I'd get one pokeball, a candy, and a potion. And considering how many pidgeys I'm trying to catch for a Ditto, I'm blowing through the pokeballs like crazy!

You know, I've seen people online wondering this, and people respond that the drop rate is the same :/  But something's different. I don't know if it's that the stops drop fewer Pokeballs now and more of the other items? Because I run through Pokeballs really fast like you, too. It could be that stops give out fewer Pokeballs compared to other items and that Pokémon take more Pokeballs to catch now. I'm learning to do a good curveball (never felt the need to master it before) so that Pokémon won't flee or pop out of the Pokeballs so often! 

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #837 on: December 05, 2016, 08:47:31 AM »
I'm getting about the average number of items that I did before the Halloween events but I've noticed a sharp decline in Revives. I used to get them so often that I had to drop some regularly to keep my inventory managed. This makes training/retaking a Gym difficult to nearly impossible at times on my normal routes. Especially at the local Gym which (technically) is within walking distance since I sometimes need to make up for bad rolls or poor matchup choices... (I stink at remembering who is better at fighting whom...) I'm getting more Great balls than regular pokeballs or Ultra balls and I always seem to hold steady at nearly 100 raspberries. I've enough Hyper and Super potions at any time to oust the regular potions when I'm not battling at Gyms.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm surviving on the two coffees I've had this month when I normally don't drink any...  :drunk:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 06, 2016, 06:18:26 PM »
BIG NEWS! Gen II is likely coming this Thursday!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 06, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
I agree, Archidraca! Revives are precious commodities . . .

BIG NEWS! Gen II is likely coming this Thursday!!!

Yeah, I've been reading about this rumor -- how the Starbucks promo material mentioned "new Pokémon." We'll see! Niantic joining up with Starbucks makes some sense out of this new tracker. Maybe Niantic's plan has been to make us see Pokestops on our tracker so that we can see Gen II Pokémon at nearby Starbucks Pokestop locations/gyms? And Starbucks would benefit as chilled Pokémon players came in to sit there and catch and battle Pokémon. And the two combined would help the normally outdoor game last the winter.

I wonder what will happen. Niantic's actions almost always confuse me, so at this point I don't know whether to expect Gen II, shiny Pokémon, or legendaries, or whether the reference to new Pokémon was just a late reference to Ditto, lol. Thursday should be interesting.

I also heard that Sprint and Niantic are teaming up for something to be announced tomorrow (Dec. 7). Wonder what that could be? More data for Pokémon Go?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal