collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90336 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »
How is everyone doing? So far I'm doing alright but lots of other trainers nearby me are doing better than me since they have gyarados, vaporeon, and somehow charizard already lololol.

I'm lv 8 and have captured 46 Pokemon species. My strongest is slowbro at CP 530

Still no clefairy!  >_<

Post Merge: July 10, 2016, 12:05:36 AM

Sounds like a good day, Lala!

I had a great day with Pokémon too. I caught a very powerful Bulbasaur in the parking lot at Walmart, was able to catch enough Pidgey to evolve my Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot, caught three Vulpix, and two Seel. There were also others, but those were probably the best catches so far.

There are a billion Eevee in my house lol I have Jolteon already and almost enough Eevee candy to evolve another one.

I ran into my friend while I was at the mall, she was with her boyfriend and son trying to catch Pokémon and we had been texting each other all morning. It was just funny to run into her while also looking for Pokémon at the mall. We didn't even plan that!

Omg yesss sit was! x3 I'm jealous you got seel! Did you catch it near water or an ice creams store by any chance!? As much as I HATE Walmart and hacnt gone to once since i left that place I might go near it just to find some Pokemon, apparently they are hotspots!

Also with eevee, I found out a trick to tell which eevee will levolve into which vui! I learned this pattern after two flareon lol

Vaporeon- eevee that knows swift
Jolteon- eevee that knows body slam
Flareon- eevee that knows dig.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:05:36 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 12:52:30 AM »
The AR feature doesn't work on my phone. When I switched, there was no Pokemon in front of me? Anyone else have this problem? My phone is a Sony Xperia Aqua M4 so not the greatest phone around which is probably why (at least I can get it wet :P). I could try my iPod but I don't see that working much better since it isn't even a phone.

It could be to the side. Like have to turn 90 degrees to see it or tilt up or down. I think I read some phones have arrows so you know which way to rotate. (some don't although..?)

Having AR off it'll always be front and center.

Oh, that is smart, I looked around a bit, but I didn't think to turn around or anything. I didn't see any arrows on my screen at the least. Thanks.

Edit: I tried turning around and nope. I got a pop up saying it couldn't detect where I was pointing or something so it's definitely an issue with my phone. Defeats half the fun of the game somewhat, but eh, I don't think it would have impacted my current opinion anyway. My house is overrun by Drowzee though, yikes.

Edit again: When the outline of a pokemon pops up indicating it's nearby, is it supposed to tell you which way to go to find the pokemon, or are you supposed to look around blindly? I have like eight pokemon close by but no indication where to look; not sure if it's related to my phone or just the way the game is.

Bummer. >_< The only other thing I can think of is maybe that the gyroscope in the phone needs to be recalibrated? But some phones don't work with the AR option though. (I thought it wasn't even supposed to pop up as an option if that was the case though.)

For your other question... I'm not 100% sure since I haven't figured out how to go in the right direction. You can select the pokemon you want to track down, and walk a certain direction and see if the little footprints start to decrease. That's the only way you know if you are getting closer. I have read that if the bar blinks you are going in the correct direction? Not sure if it is true.

~~
I found a little spot on the other side of my city where there are 3 pokestops all together-- all with lures. :O *So* many people gathered there, it was very surprising. ^^; We were trying to be sneaky in the car and like 10 people waved at us.

Apparently Xperias don't have a gyroscope so that's my problem.

Ah, I didn't notice the footsteps. I haven't been able to test it, but it seems like there is an effect like confetti sprinkling when you select a pokemon somewhere on the map, I'm guessing that's where you need to go. I agree with Harmonie that they really need to describe these things beforehand.

Haha, that's awesome you're finding other players. Even though it hasn't been released here the gyms seem to be fluctuating so a lot of people are already playing.

so, I gave it a try at work, and while my workplace isn't a pokespot, I can access one when I'm standing at the entrance (unfortunately not a place I can take out my phone while on the job). I accidently drained my data installing the app (didn't realize my WiFi was disconnected) >_< So I can't try running around to catch pokemon for a week. What I've picked up at home and work has been diverse enough at least.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 04:18:57 AM »
When you get close enough to a Stop, you tap on it on the map and spin the icon. Pokeballs and other items come out that way, but you have to be close enough for the Stop to change shape on your screen. That's how you know you can interact with it.
It's hard to get them in a car, especially if you are going over 20mph. You have to get lucky on the timing cuz it lags keeping up with the car speed.
 When you are close enough they change from little squares to circles and then.you click on them and spin them. You can click on them before they turn into circles but usually it says it's too far away.

Thank you, both.

How in the world were we supposed to know to do that, though? =/ I did get close enough in range to have a number of the Pokespots change shape, but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to spin them instead of just tapping them?

This game needs to explain things a little better. =/

It's in the tips to spin it..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Princess Lala

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2016, 04:38:58 AM »
If you spin it good enough, you can get awesome items like eggs and raspberries!  :satisfied:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2016, 05:22:31 AM »
When you get close enough to a Stop, you tap on it on the map and spin the icon. Pokeballs and other items come out that way, but you have to be close enough for the Stop to change shape on your screen. That's how you know you can interact with it.
It's hard to get them in a car, especially if you are going over 20mph. You have to get lucky on the timing cuz it lags keeping up with the car speed.
 When you are close enough they change from little squares to circles and then.you click on them and spin them. You can click on them before they turn into circles but usually it says it's too far away.

Thank you, both.

How in the world were we supposed to know to do that, though? =/ I did get close enough in range to have a number of the Pokespots change shape, but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to spin them instead of just tapping them?

...What tips? o.o Apparently I've missed that. lol. >.<

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2016, 05:54:47 AM »

Thank you, both.

...What tips? o.o Apparently I've missed that. lol. >.<

If you hit the pokeball, it's to the top right. Also under settings, quick start has the same info.

:/ Its OK it's hard to miss. It took me a long time to figure out where eggs were stored >_<
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:56:28 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2016, 08:24:22 AM »
I found a nice little guide a few days ago that has helped me a lot. I know there are plenty of them out there, but I highly recommend giving this a read: click here!

I got an egg last night that'll take 10km to hatch. I hope it's something good for all that walking!

Also, went to dinner with friends last night and we were right next to the mini golf place in town that's also a PokeStop. Woohoo free Pokeballs every five minutes PLUS I placed one of the lure items there and it attracted all sorts of Pokémon for us.  :biggrin:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »
I just caught a Meowth! <3
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
I just caught a Meowth! <3

Nice! I caught one in my pony room two days ago. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »
I'm a level 8, and I'm obsessed! My friend and I have met so many people catching Pokemon at Pony Fair too!

Just caught and renamed this guy near the fair hotel, lol
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:28:24 PM by octocorn »

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »
I estimate at least two people getting into hospital because of this game by the end of the year... bare minimum.

A friendly reminder to stay aware of your surroundings while strolling around, apps like that, especially cameras like this can make one forget about it easily.

Still, as much as I'm not that interested, and think this is potentially dangerous... I kinda wish I'd have brought an android phone instead of Windows. I got ripped off real good with the 'Microsoft is so big and famous' blabber...

Stay safe out there, trainers.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2016, 03:05:25 PM »
I took my bike out again and I'm whipped out.  I did a pokeball run today, as I was super lower on poekballs.  I didn't find any really cool pokemon today, but I did find someones dog (lol).  Everyone at my work is playing so I'm sure I'll go hunting at lunch tomorrow. 

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »
There is a pokestop next to both my bus stops between work and home...and it's usually a loooong wait for the bus so I got to stock up on pokeballs today. Also got three eggs but it will be hard to hatch them for now without data. There was a Fearow and Ghastly nearby too, but I didn't want to gamble missing the bus so I couldn't go after them (and I'd probably lose the wifi connection anyway).

When I was on my way home, there was an older couple standing next to a pokestop phones out. Then they walked away a bit, and came back, I had to ask and they were playing Go! We all caught the same pidgey.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
I caught nearly enough Meowths today to evolve a Persian. SO CLOSE. Just a few more! Also there were a million Psyducks and quite a few Magickarp and Staryu on this trail near water here. Had a really fruitful hunting day. Close to getting my second Eevee evolution. Close to evolving a lot of them.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
I saw a tip today that the number of footprints away a pokemon is, is equal to the number of full detection circles it is from you, at least for 1 or 2.  For 3, theres no telling, because it doesn't show anything more than 3.

I was also told if you cant find any pokemon near you, leaving the app open for a while without moving will eventually 'trigger' a pokemon to appear, but no idea how long it takes.

I'm level 9, and my highest is a level 869 arcanine i got using a lure (to use one, click on the little white blob above the spinner part of a pokestop), but everything else is below 300.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:45:00 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal