collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MY pony collection is the best!  (Read 3195 times)

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: MY pony collection is the best!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 04:07:47 AM »
While I love my ponies and their little companions immensely, no one would really kill to have my collection. It's certainly not the biggest or greatest out there. However, I love my collection because it's small and holds some my most favorite ponies out there. Some ponies are even a little worn, which means they were well-loved by their previous owners and are ready for some more fun.  :)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 04:54:49 AM »
Your story about Angela just put my whole day in perspective. Thank you for sharing it......

I would say my collection is the best because about a third of it came to me in the form of gifts. Whether it be people giving me their childhood ponies, or my mom finding new treasures at yard sales, or my husband giving me wonderful birthday and Christmas gifts. I have a collection of over 700 ponies, so when you think about that....the fact that a third of them were gifted to me is absolutely amazing. I have so many people in my life that support my pony passion, and that gives me great joy. :)

cleverLC

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »
I love my collection because it combines my childhood ponies, some cute baby ponies and SHS, and my favorite G4 characters.  I just can't get over G1 and G4 babies, oh my gods they are so CUTE!  If I had nothing but the babies and Summer Wing ponies in my collection, I'd still be over the moon from the sheer cuteness.

I also took great pride in styling the mane 6 from my G4 collection to look just like their counterparts on the show.  After all, I'm not going to sell them, so why should I care if their resale value goes down? :)

GothMummy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 11:56:46 AM »
Oh the story of Angela has literally brought tears to my eyes. I think its lovely that you keep the ponies as a reminder of a little girl you never knew... if you ever have to part with your collection you should make sure another pony collector keeps them in memorial of her.

My collection is special because though I had less than 20 MLPs as a child, they were my favourite toy.  I kept them lovingly and even took some to University with me and  my Peachy came on archaeological dig with me! I never thoguht of buying any more to add to the collection until I was recovering  after an back injury  and didnt have much to do during the days except wander around charity shops and bric a brac markets on pain killers! I found three baby ponies for 25p each in a charity shop and bought them out of boredom more than anything. It was my husband who said "I bet we can find out their names if we look on the internet". I discovered Dream Valley and the rest is history!!

My husband has found the majority of my ponies (over 700 now..) in charity shops and secondhand markets as he loves to browse those places and that makes the collection even more special to me. It means a lot that he thinks of me enough to buy them!

x

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »
I'm so glad that you all were so touched by the story of Angela's ponies. When I read about their backstory in the ebay descriptions I was really moved... there was no way that I could do it without promising her sister that they would be cared for. All of your lovely comments are so wonderful too and about to make me cry!

Unfortunately, Bubbles has some serious discoloration going on underneath her, and also a little bit on her nostril. I've been thinking about sunfading, but I'm afraid of making it worse! Either way, with the pony shoes she looks nice and I gave her a little necklace, so I'd say that makes up for it!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »
Cause when I go downstairs its makes me happy to look at all of them. They are so pretty and always look happy :) I might not have the biggest collection and the best of condition of ponies. But I really do not care at all. They make me happy and that is all that matters. :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 12:38:42 PM »
  My collection is "best" because I'm only collecting the ponies I like and want. Once my wantlist is all crossed out, I won't be collecting any more, and any extras, unwanted ponies that came in a Pony Lot, or others that just don't get the love they deserve, will be sold, traded or donated.
  It sounds kind of cruel when you put it that way, that not every pony is "welcome." But I used to be a collector that had to have every different release, a set completer. While that is satisfying for many collectors, (and drool-worthy for onlookers!) I found that excess did the opposite for me.  I'd feel guilty for having too much, and feel bad for, for example, the Beanie Babies (my biggest out-of control collection of my life, at over 700 critters) that didn't get much love and attention. I know they're just toys, but for some reason, a deep part of me believes that every single thing in existence has some sort of soul, even if my brain knows that is most likely not true. (I blame the Brave Little Toaster for this.  :P )
  I eventually donated all my Beanie Babies, the superior condition ones to Toys for Tots, the okay ones to thrift stores, and the worst to my Mom's day care kindergarten class, keeping a nice pile for myself. I find myself much more satisfied with the collection I have now then when it was was at its biggest.
  The point of a collection is not to bring bad feelings, but to make us happy. I'm going to make sure my My Little Pony collection always makes me smile, even if it seems like my collection has no direction or theme. Even if it's too big for onlookers, but small to collectors. As long as I smile when I see my collection, then it will always be the best to me.  :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:37 PM »
My collection is special because it's so full of greeeen!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It is also guarded by three headed dogs!

Because dreams are mixed with nightmares

Because we're totally freaking boy crazy!

Because my g4s are a RAINBOW.

Because the Simba goes SO Good with ponies!

My pony room is my crafting room is my rat room.. A DEFINITE work in progress!! So many blank spots left on the walls and ponies that I haven't even been able to get out on display yet >.>

I <3 my collection so much!!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »
I loved that story Rachel! That is beautiful - and horrible that that little girl had to suffer and deal with childhood cancer... But the fact that you shared that and still have them displayed is just awesome. I bet she's smiling knowing that her precious ponies are still loved!

...Oh also, MY pony collection is the best because it's massive. The overwhelming size drops jaws and stops people in their tracks. BOO-YAH. :lol:
   what she said :) 100 % what i would have typed on here,is how i feel about mine too !! :biggrin: :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »
My winger army is the bomb:)

'Nuff said :lol:  Even though I have about 20 fewer now, my army is still rocking!!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 01:20:11 PM »
I love your wingers, Michelle! :lovey: Your posts are always really cute because it makes me happy to see how passionate you are about your winger army. They are so sweet! :frolic:

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 01:21:29 PM »
My ponies are fantastic because they cheer me up  :biggrin: They make me feel good and my Secret Star looks after my new ring in her secret compartment lol.
I only have a small collection so it's not like I'm swamped but i love every individual pony I own (obviously I like some more than others like Gusty).

I think no matter how many ponies each of us has, or how amazing a collection someone else has our own individual ponies will always be best to us because they mean something special to us that someone else's ponies wouldn't.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
My winger army is the bomb:)

'Nuff said :lol:  Even though I have about 20 fewer now, my army is still rocking!!!
wow  !! awesome army !!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 01:37:10 PM »
I always love to see that winger army.

My collection is not spectacular or full or rare ponies infact I think most of them are quite "common" over all.  But in my eyes they are all one of a kind and not mass produced. This is why I try to restore them the best I can and have trouble in getting rid of a grubby on in order for an upgrade. (I think it has only happened the once and I never really clicked with the first pony as it was a replacement for a sold child hood one. my old one was mint the last time I saw it and thus the new one needed to be) so that is why my collection is the best to me I feel a connection to each individual pony. (also a good way to keep the collection small)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »
My collection is far from best collection - but it's special to me, because so many of the ponies have come to me in special circumstances.  There are the ponies that were my original childhood (well, okay, teen-hood :blush:) collection, there are the first ponies I bought online when getting back into collecting, there are the first ponies I ever found while thrifting, the first ones I bought and restored from a friend, the first ones I'd traded for, etc., etc.  They all have stories, they all have memories, and they all have an honoured place in my herd.  They may not all get shelf-time all at once (I'd need a wayyyy bigger shelf... then a bigger space to put that wayyyy bigger shelf... then a bigger house to put the bigger space... apparently there's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza :whistle:)... but I :heart: them all anyway. ^.^

My pony collection may not be a highly desirable one. I don't have any nirvanas. I don't have any super rare or popular ponies like Mimic. In fact, the most valuable pony I have is a humble Munchy. I have lots and lots of fakies because I love them and also extremely common ponies. Many of them would be glanced over by the mainstream collector without a second thought. My collection as a whole is special because it is special to me, but there are two in particular that I have that I would not trade for the world.

There is a Bubbles and a Baby Moondancer in my collection that are not in great shape, but get to live on my "favorites" shelf anyway. They once belonged to a young girl named Angela who passed away from cancer years and years ago, in the early '90s I believe. Her mother kept them because they were precious to her, but was forced to get rid of them when she moved into a small apartment. I stumbled upon them looking for some nice G1s as a Christmas present to my 9-year-old cousin, and when I bought them I promised her sister that the ponies would be well-loved and admired forever and for always. She was so happy to know that they would be played with again! But I decided to keep Bubbles and Moondancer, because it was almost like they called to me, even in the pictures. I will never ever bait them, and they get to live on my shelf of honor because they deserve it. Angela deserves it.

They are special because cancer is a horrible jerk, especially childhood cancer, and Angela should be on the Arena with us today.

So beautiful!  What a wonderful way to keep Angela's memory alive. ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal