collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Princess Tiffany

have a version
30 (63.8%)
want a version
14 (29.8%)
army
1 (2.1%)
new to me
0 (0%)
going to think a bit more
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 17, 2020, 05:52:25 AM

Author Topic: POTD 3/13/2020 Princess Tiffany  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 3/13/2020 Princess Tiffany
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 06:19:45 AM »
Meh, not really. They're all basically the same whiny brat personality.
Just because they were whiny brats doesn't mean they were all bratty in the same way. Even as a kid I could see differences between them.

I can see differences too, but they're all variations on the same theme and apparently obsessed with being Queen which seemed pretty pointless to me and still does now as an adult, since Majesty was the 'Queen' pony anyway.

I always adored the princesses as a kid, and when I saw that episode I remember being quite upset that they had 'ruined' the princesses by making them all spoiled brats. I guess that sense has stuck with me, and I stand by it. The comics did it better. But there are a lot of animated personalities that just don't work for me, as I said before. I don't actually know what the US backcard stories say for the princesses, but they were one of the most defined sets character-wise in the comics, which for me makes the animated episode a disappointment.

@Fizzerknight, I'm not sure what your point is since SpacePinto jumped on my post originally and that was about "Pearl".

@Ponybookworm, ah, awesome! I am not sure if I even have that MLP&F comic, I am missing a lot of those as I never had many as a kid. I remember the mackerel cloud story with Aquamarine though, on whichever comic it was, so a cloud makes sense. Also that she and Milky Way used to hang out together for some reason, but I can't remember precisely what they had in common xD.
I ysed to have a large amount of Pony comics, & got MLP & Friends from the first issue. As I've been getting a lot of them back, I've scanned some & can share the scans if you like??? Need to reinstall my scanner software at some point, but I just get caught up in other things, like the Apple-Bobbing Bowl & the pumpkin-shaped treat buckets I made from Apoxie today, plus I'm destroying a Phony newborn snigger snigger :devious: :art:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2020, 08:32:58 AM »
Meh, not really. They're all basically the same whiny brat personality.
Just because they were whiny brats doesn't mean they were all bratty in the same way. Even as a kid I could see differences between them.

I can see differences too, but they're all variations on the same theme and apparently obsessed with being Queen which seemed pretty pointless to me and still does now as an adult, since Majesty was the 'Queen' pony anyway.

I always adored the princesses as a kid, and when I saw that episode I remember being quite upset that they had 'ruined' the princesses by making them all spoiled brats. I guess that sense has stuck with me, and I stand by it. The comics did it better. But there are a lot of animated personalities that just don't work for me, as I said before. I don't actually know what the US backcard stories say for the princesses, but they were one of the most defined sets character-wise in the comics, which for me makes the animated episode a disappointment.

@Fizzerknight, I'm not sure what your point is since SpacePinto jumped on my post originally and that was about "Pearl".

@Ponybookworm, ah, awesome! I am not sure if I even have that MLP&F comic, I am missing a lot of those as I never had many as a kid. I remember the mackerel cloud story with Aquamarine though, on whichever comic it was, so a cloud makes sense. Also that she and Milky Way used to hang out together for some reason, but I can't remember precisely what they had in common xD.
I ysed to have a large amount of Pony comics, & got MLP & Friends from the first issue. As I've been getting a lot of them back, I've scanned some & can share the scans if you like??? Need to reinstall my scanner software at some point, but I just get caught up in other things, like the Apple-Bobbing Bowl & the pumpkin-shaped treat buckets I made from Apoxie today, plus I'm destroying a Phony newborn snigger snigger :devious: :art:

That would be cool! I need to check my comics again to see which I do have. I bought a bunch of MLP&F last year but I haven't noted down anywhere which ones, which was helpful of me. I have most of the regular run but I know I have a lot of MLPF gaps because as a kid I only got those on special occasions and not as a general rule.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »
Princess Tiffany has a surprisingly well developed character development arc in the cartoons. From possibly the most spoiled and snooty Princess pony to demonstrating an underlying selflessness and aptitude for doing good. For a relatively minor character overall, I found it to be pretty impressive :)

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »
I have her (found her in the wild) and I think she's absolutely gorgeous!

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 07:46:57 PM »
I do have her I think my daughter has her too. We both like her. :)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 09:43:40 PM »
I have her (found her in the wild) and I think she's absolutely gorgeous!

Not a spot of rust or yellowing!!! You got lucky!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2020, 03:37:42 PM »
Oooh, she was a childhood grail. I'm so happy I got her ten years ago. :D

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 06:46:31 AM »
She was the only princess pony I had. Wish I still had her...she was so pretty! I renamed her 'Serena'...since I had already named another pony Tiffany a few years before after my sister's friend (it must have been before I realized they already came with names! It was the blue pony with purple hair with a red stripe in it that I now know to be named 'Sparkler'). Then I found out that there was already another princess by that name, but I never got her or any other princess, so I guess it didn't matter.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 07:35:07 AM »
Have her! I like her a lot, got her in pretty good shape for like four bucks at a local toy store a couple years back.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »
This MOC princess is the gem of my collection! :lol:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal