collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Villain toys  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Villain toys
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2020, 06:36:12 PM »
Ohhh, that custom looks great!
Cheers!!! Knightshade was one of the first Customs I just HAD to make!!! He wasn't a vallain per se, like Zeb; he was more the naive fellow led down the wrong path by Zeb & the shadow-eater (forget his name lol). Once he's separated from Zeb, he can once again be a decent Pony. Oh & my canon is the cartoons were the Ponies acting. Knightshade shows up again in a cartoon wearing a patch for a fake rumpmark much later, can you guess where??? (hint: his hair had to be straightened for that role)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2020, 09:33:59 PM »
I can't speak for other little girls but back in the day I wanted toys of Nightshade, Tirek, Catrina, Somnambula etc. I would have been so excited to pit my ponies in violent conflicts with them.  :lol: I was pleased that the G4 toyline produced several villain toys. They're just a lot of fun.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
The toy/tv show dynamic is different now as compared to what it was when I was a child. As Taffeta mentioned already, most kids just played with their ponies without any influence from media. There was very little 'copying' scenarios from the tv show at that time. I, for example, never did so. We only had tv actually broadcast during certain hours of the day here anyway.

If we wanted villains then there many other toy lines available and that was ok. We also played games with each other based on those themes: cops and robbers is one example and needed no toys at all if there were none available at the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal