collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of merchandise collector are you?  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: What kind of merchandise collector are you?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »
for G1 : any thing I can get ! <3 I LOVE G1 stuff! Favourite piece : a paper mobilee picturing some ponies (Princess Primrose, Cocoberry, Family Apple Delight, Twist and Chief), a working sewing machine and a doll pyjama picturing Pinwheel!
for G2 : hm dont have anything besides the McDonalds ponies (do they even count as merch?) and the figure that came with the PC game (+ the PC game). I wont mind adding more!
G3 : weird things mostly or at least stuff thats not soo common. My favourite piece is a "ByeBye BooBoo", its a cooling pack for kids picturing Skywishes. I also love my SnoCone maker!
G4 : well, I have some... or lets say I have lots of stuff. But ... hm, Im not buying much anymore because of the sad quality I mostly find. My favourite piece is a pink set containing a jug and some matching cups. Plastic but cute! I also like that little neck holder cushion for kids.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 02:00:18 PM »
I like weird (semi-)obscure figures, like the G4 Chupa Chups or the various Busy Books. Stuff that's super wonky but with its own certain charm. Also I seem to have accumulated a small pile of retro-G1 pajamas :B

Other than licensed toys (figures, ornaments, etc), I don't really collect merch. I'm not a flat collector in general - I know it's ridiculous for a lifelong toy collector to say "what am I going to do with that stuff?", but that's honestly how I feel about flats! XD I guess the idea is to just keep it and look at it, and that's exactly what I do with the ponies themselves, but somehow it feels different to buy, say, stationery just for the sake of it. x) THAT SAID I do pick up stuff if I find it in the wild, so I've got some repro G1 notebooks, old G1 books from charity shops, etc.

I guess you could say, I'll buy merch if I run across it and like it, but I don't go out of my way to look for it (in general).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 04:48:13 PM »
Anything with princess luna on it.
Random figures, too
Otherwise I tend to be fond of odd things like cups and stickers

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 05:22:33 PM »
I love G1 merch I dont have a ton but some items that I still have. As in a G1 wallet set. G1 blossom pony bank. Stuff like that. I don't mind merch but im running out of space ugh.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2020, 04:54:25 AM »
Space is an issue, of course, so I stick mainly to birthday party supplies and stationary/stickers, all gens. At some point I’ll actually get the birthday stuff displayed, but the stickers are the bane of my collection existence. I hoard them and never seem to find the time to actually sort through what I have. But I do love them.

Elf

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2020, 06:16:55 AM »
Space is my biggest issue for all my collections.

Biggest collection: My husband Sanji from One Piece collection, and while I'm not actively working on it, I'll probably be working on it until I die.

Currently and mostly buying: MLP, collecting all ponies that match my aesthetic throughout every gen (excluding G3.5) but have a soft spot for G2. Will only collect the ones I want so it may eventually end.

Current toyline I'm collecting: LoL OMG dolls that match my aesthetic, Shopkins and Cheeki Puffs as my main ones.

Toyline I collected and loved since the beginning: Monster High! I loved them since day 1! There's certain dolls I want but I'm not objecting to finding ones and taking them home and completing them. Except G2, don't like them but I yearn for the day that G3 is announced; presuming it's like the first gen with something new!

Other things I collect: Sailor Moon, vintage Polly Pocket, Num Noms, Q Posket, Bratzillaz, Bratz, Barbie (90's-10's), Toy Story, La La Loopsy, Smooshy Mushy, hoping to expand into Japanese Kawaii culture so this list may grow.

Edit: The actual items I'll collect are the dolls/ponies, also collect books, bags and plates/mugs.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:34:00 AM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 06:21:59 AM »
FOr G1 - I like stationary like stampers, stickers, paper, books. I dont have a lot of space so nothing too big.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »
I love all G1 MLP merch. Am especially fond of of the bedsheets and pillow cases, doona covers and curtains. Also love the porcelain ponies, as well as the coffee mugs. I don't know why I love those things the most, but I do.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 03:17:28 AM »
You can probably guess by my username what merch I prefer: useful stuff &... books & UK comics!!! Ponies come first, but Pony literature comes second, unless I'm working on a project. I'm always after books I don't have yet, or comics & magazines I'm missing. For G4 I prefer IDW in books to comics, & have some IDW books. Eventually I'll ad my literature wantlist up here... G2 merch I'm pretty much after anything I don't yet have.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2020, 05:50:00 AM »
I got some artwork and I think owning a mug would be nice but one otherwise I don't really collect merch.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »
I collect a lot of merch, but I’m particularly fond of birthday party stuff. Especially party favors!   I had a pony birthday as a child with the plates, tablecloth, cups, bags, favors, and the whole nine yards.   Every time I see those Glory plates or the little ball game favors, I think back to that birthday:)

I also got the baking set for Christmas one year.  I still have the whole set - including the cookie cutters!  I used them to make pony cookies for a a pony meet I hosted. 

I have all sorts of random stuff besides that. Stickers, stationary, colorforms, UK Club stuff, and everything else you can think of. 

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
I don't do too much outside of like, maybe posters or clothes. I have one set of G1 pajamas and a G1 shirt. Somewhere I have a BF poster... Otherwise, I just stick to the ponies themselves.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2020, 08:09:04 PM »
I only ever bought one t-shirt with Glory on it. We don't get much merch around here.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 02:44:48 AM »
Everything G2!

Most of it is featured here: http://www.lavenderlagoon.com/merchandise.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal