collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life Shorts  (Read 10520 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Life Shorts
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
I figured out why they have 2 mouths: one’s for eating cupcakes, one’s for barfing rainbows, because that’s what magical ponies do, right?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »
I figured out why they have 2 mouths: one’s for eating cupcakes, one’s for barfing rainbows, because that’s what magical ponies do, right?
Barfing rainbows? We should be so lucky, I fear the rainbows will come out the other end.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
I honestly prefer this to the snippets of 2D animation from the "Good as hell" trailer thing we got. The lack of dialogue was weird and the leg bends at the end were gross though lol. 
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »
This is the usual opinion on everything ever since G3 turned into G3.5:
Spoiler

If anyone feels attacked, I made this to make fun of myself :lol:
I mean, you're not wrong haha. I've been a little like that myself - I still can't stand 3.5 and it took some convincing for me to lighten up towards 4. Nowadays I love FiM and especially Equestria Girls (which I really hated EQG initially and almost didn't watch the second movie), so I'm kind of hoping for a pleasant surprise when this Pony Life properly gets going. As it stands though, I love the PL figures, can't stand any of the animations. That said, as a collector and art style-wise, I still can't stand FiM. The only figures I actively collect are the poseable EQG Minis, the rest of them are.... not my style.

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this is actually pretty cute?

We are a minority but we are vocal :lol:
This is the usual opinion on everything ever since G3 turned into G3.5:
Spoiler

If anyone feels attacked, I made this to make fun of myself :lol:

So go and enjoy these shorts! :lol:

I admit to this openly, frequently and without regret.  :lol: G3 has my love too though and I've become okayish enough with fim's my little Chihuahuas to buy myself some now and then.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:29:51 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
I love stop motion and have a soft spot for Pinkie. So I find this endearing.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 12:09:12 AM »
Oh that was cute to watch! I love stop animation! CGI is just so common these days because it's the easiest and fastest way to make an animation, so I gotta give a company like Hasbro credit when they do something new and different. Yeah it was not the best quality stop animation I've seen but, I mean, it's just a 1.5 minute long short to sell a new toy. I'm not going to compare it to Coraline. :lol:

I really liked the claymation MLP logo at the end! Especially the colors they chose. I had flashbacks to childhood and some of those old claymation shorts, like the Penny show from Pee-Wee's Playhouse and Gumby.

I'm still sticking with my claim that modern MLP's look more like pig ponies than cat ponies, and now that their muzzles are separate from the mouth they really look like pig snouts. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 07:44:52 AM »
Oh that was cute to watch! I love stop animation! CGI is just so common these days because it's the easiest and fastest way to make an animation, so I gotta give a company like Hasbro credit when they do something new and different. Yeah it was not the best quality stop animation I've seen but, I mean, it's just a 1.5 minute long short to sell a new toy. I'm not going to compare it to Coraline. :lol:

I really liked the claymation MLP logo at the end! Especially the colors they chose. I had flashbacks to childhood and some of those old claymation shorts, like the Penny show from Pee-Wee's Playhouse and Gumby.

I'm still sticking with my claim that modern MLP's look more like pig ponies than cat ponies, and now that their muzzles are separate from the mouth they really look like pig snouts. XD

Which is a misconception brought on by cartoons. Here is what a pig skull looks like. Its got a long jaw.

http://www.skullsite.co.uk/Pig/pig_gen.htm
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:46:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 08:49:07 AM »
*Now they really look like cartoon pigs XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2020, 02:21:21 PM »

Which is a misconception brought on by cartoons. Here is what a pig skull looks like. Its got a long jaw.

http://www.skullsite.co.uk/Pig/pig_gen.htm
This prompted me to find out what cat skulls look like, and wow. I knew that the FiM designs were based on cats, but the resemblance is surprising! I can easily see a FiM pony head in those.

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2020, 02:45:31 PM »
Interesting...

This!!!!  Why is the mouth below the muzzle.  Did they even look at a real live pony first?  :/

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2020, 12:20:37 PM »
The new Equestria Girls is looking good!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2020, 01:37:06 PM »
yeah    -_- :blink: ... that 

the whole morph is still ... just so

not pony

so I do wonder what the next gen will think of in terms of playing with ...

(as much as I love anime and get the chibi big eyes that whole snout-not /mouth is still just - creepy to me in an uncanny valley sort of way)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 08:59:35 PM »
I like most any stop motion but I’m biased. This is cute! Honestly at first when I saw the toys I was perplexed as to why they had no lower jaws...but it sure does make sticking on replacement mouths for animation easier! (Replacement animation is when a different object is swapped out each time a frame of animation is taken. You can find interesting videos on how, say, Laika uses this process on YouTube if you want!) Not sure ease of animating a stop motion puppet is a good reason to design a toy a certain way, but I do like these puppets. It really looks like they took one of the current toys and stuck it in a mold to make a stop mo puppet.

It’s playful, it’s silly, it’s not as plot driven as FIM but I mean. Not everything has to be FIM, the world will go on. I wonder if they’ll still do the 2D animated shorts? The fluidity of that style was nice.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2020, 06:30:32 PM »
I know I liked to joke about Hasbro trying to make pony heads as flat and un-ponylike as possible these days, but I never thought they would go this far. The removal of lower jaw to make it kind of look like a human mouth under a big nose was probably the furthest I ever expected them to go, but no, they actually gave them separate mouth and nose, pretty much removing the last thin line separating them from fully human-like faces. At least until recently they had actuall full muzzles, as small as they were on their otherwise big flat faces, but now I think it's pretty much official at this point that they don't even care about the "Pony" part of My Little Pony.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal