collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC: Takara babies buggy set. PALAU  (Read 1878 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: PC: Takara babies buggy set. PALAU
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 03:54:24 PM »
Hm. It's really interesting that they have the same names as the legits. I wonder what sort of agreement they had with Takara... but it baffles me if they had an agreement, why are the palau ones really crummy with the quality control.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Hm. It's really interesting that they have the same names as the legits. I wonder what sort of agreement they had with Takara... but it baffles me if they had an agreement, why are the palau ones really crummy with the quality control.

I think that palau released the ponies a few years after the takara line using molds from the previous ponies, or making their own (which could be why they're bigger). It honestly just looked like the copied everything, I'm sure there was no agreement lol

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 02:30:52 AM »
I don't think there was any agreement either. I guess someone from Palau visited Japan at some point, saw what was cooking there and brought back a few ideas. Palau toys has a lot of kawaii elements that back in the 70s-80s were not seen much in the Spanish toys.

From the fakies I have I see three different molds.

The tiny orange one
The Palau one
And a bigger mold: the blue/grey one on the right and the pink one on the left. The nose is looking downwards and it's slightly bigger than the rest.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 04:24:39 AM »

I think that palau released the ponies a few years after the takara line using molds from the previous ponies, or making their own (which could be why they're bigger). It honestly just looked like the copied everything, I'm sure there was no agreement lol

I thought that at first too, for many years-- but the names throw me for a loop to be honest... The carriage looks spot on, so they are obviously using its mold.
 They also have some of the artwork. Wouldn't they have to have originals to print that? There weren't digital versions they could steal.

I really think Takara sold the kawaii line to Palau after it flopped.

There are at least five different fakies, BTW.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 04:28:35 AM by banditpony »

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »

I thought that at first too, for many years-- but the names throw me for a loop to be honest... The carriage looks spot on, so they are obviously using its mold.
 They also have some of the artwork. Wouldn't they have to have originals to print that? There weren't digital versions they could steal.

I really think Takara sold the kawaii line to Palau after it flopped.

There are at least five different fakies, BTW.

All the artwork looks a lot worse though. Its very grainy and you can tell they blew up the originals. The carriage does look pretty spot on so maybe they did somehow get a hold of that mold.
But from working in the mold making business all you need is a good master copy (aka a real pony/baby pony), and you can make a decent duplicate.

From what I've seen of the one Takara adult fakie by palau, the quality is horrible which leads me to believe they bought an adult and then made their own mold, which could explain why its so wonky.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
I'm going to disagree. The artwork on the takara pamphlets were the same poor quality print.

The artwork that I took a picture of is very similar in size-- not blown up. What is causing the grainyness is a reflection of the printing that they were using back in the day. IF Palau was taking the second hand art, and reusing it--they would of started off with this poor print, and it would of had even more moire/dot gain whatever dots.

I'm going to ramble for a minute, but what everything comes down to is Palau had very bad quality control on these ponies all across the board.

My thoughts about the adult: I believe that the head on the Palau is one piece of plastic, unlike the Takaras which have different plastic for the muzzle and eyes. I also think that the body of the adult Palau is made with the same junky soft plastic the babies are.

The babies are downright poor quality in comparison to the real ones. The only ok thing is the hair-- which is so-so compared to the other fakes... but the hair on the real ones are REALLY nice...

But there are a lot of things in common. Not only do we have the same buggy-- We also have the SAME exact accessories for the babies: the hair clip, the comb, and the bottle. It appears (to me) that the babies were made in the same way due to how their necks joints are. I still think the same mold was used, but modified. If it was an original takara recast-- I think they'd be much smaller like the lovely pets version. They have the same names... same color scheme. I just think there are way too many similarities between the two for there not to some sort of exchange between the companies. 

We also know that some of the fakies out there did utilize the original mold in some way since some have traces of the stamping... so why not Palau too? Because they might of been the first takara fakies to roll out (87, right?)...

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
Lady Pinwheel I love that picture of your Takara baby family :heart:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
Lady Pinwheel I love that picture of your Takara baby family :heart:

Love pkw xxx

Thank you very much! I love the soft colors they have and how cute they display ^^

Offline Aeithales

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 11:06:36 AM »
They look amazing, it's a good thing for my bank account there is nothing green about them!  :P

I remember seeing Takara fakies all over the place in Athens and my home-town growing up and I never bothered with them, I hated everything fakie back then! Have I known better...   

Thank you for my siggie, TwilightWhispers!!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »
They look amazing, it's a good thing for my bank account there is nothing green about them!  :P

I remember seeing Takara fakies all over the place in Athens and my home-town growing up and I never bothered with them, I hated everything fakie back then! Have I known better...   

I do have a baby green takara with white hair :D

By the way, as you can see in my sig, I'm taking offers in this set. Link to post under signature. ^^

Offline Aeithales

• Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »
I do have a baby green takara with white hair

Any pics for spying?  ;)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Offline Aeithales

• Πράσσειν Άλογα
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 09:54:03 AM »
She does!! Her tiny Takara cousin! I love that her hands are in a different gesture than the others'! Great finds, they all look so happy together!
I like the way you accessorise them too, everyone has their own, unique style! And that group photo is the cutest, like a kindergarten group photo: class of '86
(or you name it)!

Thank you for posting them!

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 03:38:03 AM »
 :lovey: :lovey: :lovey: Lady your pics and fakies are soooo cute!!! the green and the pink ones are my favs!! ^.^ ^.^
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal