collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spreading the word about HQG1C?  (Read 28954 times)

Offline StayGoldPonyboy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Spreading the word about HQG1C?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 07:46:59 PM »
Just yoinked some ponies with that code! I’ve been eyeing the Chanukah babies forever lol

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 08:18:47 PM »
I found a short owner video.  But I'd love to see one that was just generally about the quality.   Show the hair being brushed, the head turning, etc.

I would gladly do a video of Glitzy Waves and Genie and compare them to Hasbro ponies and such. Sunset has a YT channel where she reviews ponies and she has done a lot of HQG1s, so maybe check that out.

Yup, I have a playlist for these.  You can also see the progress of my videography skills.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcj2PC-TOfSqWSEYsHYZFQ5_m8C1OuHGS

And here is the last video from the mystery box unboxing featuring a number of ponies.

https://youtu.be/ZyKjPNzdXhE

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2020, 01:36:36 AM »
In general I absolutely love this project of new G1 ponies, a lot of us grew up with incl. me. I was very excited to hear about Genie in 2016 during the pony con and instantly put in my preorder. When we got her I was really upset about the hair quality but I restored mine a tad and she turned out just beautiful.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So the months went by and we got so many lovely ponies - Glitter Wishes and Celebration as well as Lucky Star, the Love Collection, the Playful Babies, the Artistry Girls, etc. just to name a few.

But speaking of costs and the need to get old stuff out before the release of new ones I have to ask:

Was it really necessary to have the Love Pair (Puppy / Kitty Love) as well as the Valentine Pair (Lovebound/ Spellbound) in a matte and pearly variant?
Was it really necessary to offer the Playful Babies in these many color variants?
Was it necessary to offer the Artistry Girls in the two variants they were made?
So is it really necessary that each event needs his own pony? I know they are made in smaller batches to stay exclusive so they might be less expensive.

For me definetely a "no" on all questions because you build up stock that is not easy to sell fast.

I additionally feel that the ponies came in too fast in a row during the years. While Genie was the only one in 2016, the numbers of ponies we got, rised fastly that some people simply might got overwhelmed by them and the money you need to spend to get them. Sure all people that like the project would support it but I personally don't want to spend a little fortune of getting the pony sets. And most of the ponies came in a set of at least 2. Sure they were sold individually but collectors are mostly set completers - so at a time you aim to get all that belong together. 

I honestly don't like every one, which was released. I get the ones I like and either keep them or some will get a slightly different touch - i.e. the Intergalactic Family - they need symbols! They look so sad without it! Or the 2019 UK Pony Con Exclusive Sea Pony Brittania - I rehaired her to match the Union Jack and not only having its typical colors.

What I really love are the blanks - especially the white ponies. So helpful for customisers like me! Especially the sitting pony and the boy which are so hard to get at a reasonable price these days.

So yes I will support the project in the future but won't buy every pony.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:08:05 AM by pandabear_chan »

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2020, 05:27:34 AM »
have some of these love them !

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2020, 06:21:46 AM »
I love HQG1C! I have gotten a majority of them.  There are still some I need so hopefully I can get the rest this year. Hope they can move out their old stock.

@pandabear_chan Your Genie looks so lovely :lovey:
I am really curious how you did her hair.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2020, 07:05:31 AM »
Glad to hear the con twins will be shipped worldwide later, I'll keep an eye on them then :) Thanks for the heads up Clipper!

and hmm I might have to take a closer look at that sale of yours >_>

I agree with Pandabear that the releases did get a bit overwhelming at one point ^^; I thought it was just me feeling like that, heh.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »
Maybe they could be called something like "Wishful Ponies - Reliving the 80s" ?

I agree with the points pandabear_chan made. I think there are too many versions of the same characters. It would be better with more different characters and just one version of each.

Hope more people post pictures :)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
Maybe they could be called something like "Wishful Ponies - Reliving the 80s" ?

I agree with the points pandabear_chan made. I think there are too many versions of the same characters. It would be better with more different characters and just one version of each.

Hope more people post pictures :)

I have a theory about the versions, at least the hair type versions.

I assume these may be due to production and communication.   Like a small "test batch" is made and then there is a decision to change it a bit.  I could be wrong, as this is an assumption.

I am looking forward to more owner pictures too.  :)

Post Merge: January 08, 2020, 08:21:45 AM

I found a short owner video.  But I'd love to see one that was just generally about the quality.   Show the hair being brushed, the head turning, etc.

I would gladly do a video of Glitzy Waves and Genie and compare them to Hasbro ponies and such. Sunset has a YT channel where she reviews ponies and she has done a lot of HQG1s, so maybe check that out.

Yup, I have a playlist for these.  You can also see the progress of my videography skills.

And here is the last video from the mystery box unboxing featuring a number of ponies.

So cute, love your kitty!

Thanks for the link.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2020, 08:31:20 AM »
The reason why there are variations is because they are made In batches of 1,000. We pay more to have the variations, that way there are options. Some ponies don’t have any variation and those are the ones that we have an excess amount of ( sea glimmers, dasher, celebration, artistry girls, hannkuah and Christmas ponies).. So, we believe the variations work. It’s good for customizers, who don’t want to re hair. You get to choose which version you like better for your collection. Or even yet some collectors want them all. So, I will have to disagree that the variations ARE necessary, and help the ponies move faster.  The problem I believe is, there aren’t enough followers, and yes purchasing every single one could be expensive. So I understand everyone has a budget and I do not encourage anyone to go broke over ponies.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 08:35:07 AM by Clipper »

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2020, 09:00:27 AM »
First I'd like to say thank you for starting this post:) The more we get the word out the better! We certainly try but every video and post our collectors make really helps. While I run Katz Pony Shop I still have a full time job, have to pack orders, moderate the facebook groups/help advertise, and design behind the scenes+try to have some sort of life so there's definitely not enough time in my day to cover all of social media.

We do have our own forum at www.HQG1C.com, Facebook, Instagram, Discord, mylittlewiki page (though it needs updating), and I've tried tumblr/Twitter but just can't really keep up with those last two.

As for the multiple versions of many of the releases it actually helps us get the most out of our runs. We have to make 1000 bodies but they'll let us change up hair and symbols so there aren't 1000 pearl and a 1000 matte Puppy Love, there's only 500 of each. Our single runs are the ones mainly sitting around. Hope and Harmony are nearly sold out since there's only 100 of each variant versus poor Celebration who has cases left.

I'm sorry they're not easily available internationally. Unfortunately our UK source had a box worth thousands get seized from customs and it was never recovered:( I do ship international. I'm happy to build a box or if people want to organize group orders to save on shipping, I can create a listing for them!

We try to keep our prices as reasonable as we can, www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com is also running a 50% off sale until the end of next week with code: NEWYEAR50 so now is a great time to add to your collections! I also made my own exclusive lil litters style kitty named Bella who need new homes! I'd love to make more but unfortunately she's not selling as fast as I'd hoped either:(

We really appreciate and read all the feedback from our collectors! This project was started for collectors by collectors and we need everyone's help to keep it alive! Thank you for all your support ♡
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:04:29 AM by Wysteria »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2020, 09:08:19 AM »
I mostly lurk these days but figured I'd add my two cents.

I used to come here daily and I'd see little to no communication about the HQ ponies. As of Genie, I knew they existed. But I wasn't going to seek them out. I don't have a Facebook so that's out, and I'm not going to join a dead forum for discussion. (Also why is it a forum? Non members can't see info and it's too hard to navigate for quick info). And I never noticed any news here about new releases.

I also love the concept of them, and I would of bought them... Except most of them don't appeal to me. The exception are the artistry girls because they FEEL like old school ponies to me. (And a few others). So I had been on the fence a few times but never did it.

So seeing this topic made me go look them up. Lo' and behold I found out there was a sale on Kat's page that they were 50% off. That sealed the deal and I bought some on Sunday. Thanks to this thread.

now I realize there is SECOND site to buy them.. with different versions. I don't understand why there's not a central page. :/ I'm a bit bothered because I like the other versions.

Anyway I agree HQG1C pony is hard to remember. I keep thinking H1N1 and i always mistyped it when searching for it. What did the c even stand for?

To be honest they do seem to have an alternative name "collector club ponies". That seems cute and has a retro vibe to it. Easy to remember.

Also additional thoughts. This always seemed like a project that could lend itself to crowd sourcing (however imo would need more original poses as to not feel like a rip). But obviously tiers could include pins and stickers which are easy enough to source for lower prices but add value. But maybe it's too much of a grey area to go that route.

And even without crowdsourcing I feel like pins and stickers could still be nice..

Also: a suggestion for UK folks. Why not do group orders? Have 1 person order ponies. Split international shipping. And divvy them up-- and pay local shipping. If lots of people are in, it makes shipping costs not so bad. If 4 people split a 2lb box ($24) that totals to $4.80. (or maybe the EU central site would be better in case of customs?) Still. Group orders!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:25:32 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2020, 09:43:44 AM »
I just want to say that I agree with banditpony:  A central website with *all* the available ponies would be great.   It's kind of sad to see one you love here and another you would like there, thus resulting in more spent on shipping.   Maybe it's not possible, but it would be nice to see.

I'm eager to see Flow in person.   I am into these and considering ordering another with the sale that is going on. 

Thanks for all the information!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2020, 09:49:33 AM »

So cute, love your kitty!

Thanks for the link.

So I did my review and if people are still interested I can put it up XD

Post Merge: January 08, 2020, 09:53:23 AM

In general I absolutely love this project of new G1 ponies, a lot of us grew up with incl. me. I was very excited to hear about Genie in 2016 during the pony con and instantly put in my preorder. When we got her I was really upset about the hair quality but I restored mine a tad and she turned out just beautiful.

Panda, your Genie is the queen of Genies! How did you get the hair to do that? She looks fabulous.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:53:23 AM by Zapper »

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2020, 10:21:18 AM »
Zapper:  I'd love to see your review!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »
original hqg1c thread with what's out/coming out now. Pretty Bow, Kitty Love alternate, Marina and Delphina have not been added yet.. But I do post on there when I am having a sale, etc. http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,395007.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal