collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I brag about my son for a sec?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Can I brag about my son for a sec?
« on: September 10, 2016, 02:43:40 PM »
So Forgive me a bit, I am a mom, and my baby is now almost 13 years old, and I'm still trying to deal with the how and when that all came about. xD I'm a bit emotional.

But today I just really want to brag about him. There is much chaos and stress in my life, but my boy is just a rock, he's funny and exciting and just supportive right when you need it. He's turned into such a GOOD and honest young man, and I'm still wondering how I managed to have some part in all that, when I was so SO different when I was his age.

Well anyway, enough of my emotions. :p At about the middle of summer he started volunteering at "AC PAW" a cat rescue and adoption organization. They Are housed inside of Petsmart (not affiliated with though), and Cam already knew so many of the cats just from going in there constantly to talk to them. He's ALWAYS been passionate about animals, especially cats. When he started, He just played with some cats that needed some attention and exercise. But now he does so much more. He still plays with the cats who need it, but he also has learned how to groom them, he cleans out cages when a cat has been adopted, and helps set up new ones when a new one arrives. He's often one of the first to play with new arrivals, and he gets a pretty good idea of the animals character and helps the staff write up a bio for them. He's learned real big world skills as well, like showing up at a regular time, anticipating when some chore needs to be done without being asked every time, how to communicate with people in a way that is thoughtful and clear, and doing all parts of a job even the not so fun parts, without fussing about them.

I'm just really super proud of him, and I'm so glad that he's had this opportunity. Iv put a couple photos of him in the spoiler. :p

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hes such a different person from how he was at the beginning of summer, when he didn't even want to leave the house, instead he just wanted to play video games and watch tv. He still loves those things of course xD but its not what he's all about anymore. They plan on having a big "Adopt-a-Thon" next weekend and even asked him to be there specifically so he could talk to prospective adopters about the cats since he knows them all so well. Thanks for reading this ridiculously long brag xD I just needed to get it out of my system.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I brag about my son for a sec?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 05:06:10 PM »
OK, you made me tear up to hear about how amazing your son is.  What a delight he must be to you every day.  He's going places.  I'd be just as proud as you if he were my son.  You can let him know I think he's awesome for being so responsible and mature at his age.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 04:26:36 AM »
OK, you made me tear up to hear about how amazing your son is.  What a delight he must be to you every day.  He's going places.  I'd be just as proud as you if he were my son.  You can let him know I think he's awesome for being so responsible and mature at his age.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

True, you can be really proud!!! What a wonderful boy he is!

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 05:10:03 AM »
He's grown up and found purpose in life, at that age is great. Lovely to see teenage boys caring about animals in public! Brag away...

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 05:18:36 AM »
You should be super proud of your boy, he's doing an amazing job!

Getting a bit teary just reading about how mature and responsible he is. Please let him know I think he's pretty awesome!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
Hes very responsible for a 13 year old--especially with kids now a days.

You should be very proud :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
YAAAAAAAAAY!  It just got very very dusty here ..... *wipes eyes*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »
Ahh thank you everyone xD I didn't mean to make everyone else teary as well haha.

Its so crazy, One of the people there talked to me because Cam actually approached them to let them know that he would try his hardest, but he wasn't sure if he could make the "adopt-a-Thon" since this coming week will be the first full week of school, He was worried that he might have too much homework. It just blows my mind a bit, that he would go ahead and have the foresight to let people know that he might not be available because he might have homework. When last year, I had to practically remind him  every hour to do homework and he would do literally anything to get out of doing it, It was a constant fight.  Ther person he was last year, would have just not mentioned the homework at all and not thought of the consequences.

Well that being said, I hope the homework load isn't too much over the weekend, he's been looking forward to this event, and I really hope he gets to go.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
The world needs more men like he's becoming. (I'm all teary, too!) When your child is doing something special you should be proud. Bragging is a-ok. :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
That is very awesome! Good job on him!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 02:04:02 AM »
What a great brag. You've done an amazing job mum :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »
What an amazing young man! I'd recommend asking the local human society what age kids can start volunteering with the cats. Some of them will be at age 16, or maybe not until age 18, but still it's great experience and most humane societies wont hire people unless they've volunteered there. Either way, this is already great experience and you should be very proud about raising such a stellar young man! Also, I love his hair!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal