collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90432 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Gen 2 released February 16th!
« Reply #1260 on: May 18, 2017, 08:28:48 AM »
I HAVE AMPHAROS NOW!

:frolic:

I'm pumped. One of my 10k eggs hatched this morning while I was walking and it was a Mareep, which put me at 117 candies. I was able to evolve one of my Flaaffy and I'm so super happy right now to have my favorite Pokemon.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 18, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
I am seriously looking forward to the rock event. I have so many Pokemon I need candies for and about half of them apply to the event lol.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 18, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
The rock types started showing up around 4:30 here. So far I've caught 2 aerodactyl, 3 kabuto, 2 rhyhorn, 1 graveler and a butt load of geodude and slugma!

I've been walking my ekans for a while now. It's been slow going for the past few weeks, but I earned 4 candies today. I only need 6 more candies before I can evolve him!

sailorstitch

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 18, 2017, 07:35:31 PM »
I've gotten about four Ryhorn, five Kabuto, four Omanyte, three Slugma, and four Geodude!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »
I was so bummed out today . . . bear with me while I moan. ^^; I'm a nanny and I'd been told I wouldn't be needed after about 4, so I thought that was perfect -- I could get off early and take advantage of the Adventure event just as it started, spending time in the city before heading home to the suburbs. Unfortunately I have a Pokémon Trainer Club account instead of a Google account. I first realized there was something wrong when I tried to login earlier in the afternoon in order to collect my gym coins and it was unable to load. That's not super uncommon, so I just thought it was weird and tried several times to open the game.

Time went on and 4 'o clock passed; baby's mom had to stay at work longer than she had thought. And PoGo began asking for my username and password all of the sudden, which has never been a good sign in the past. I would put those in and it would be "unable to authenticate." When I finally did get off work at 6, it was the same story, so my dreams of spending the afternoon spinning Pokestops with tons of items and walking my Porygon with 4x buddy candy and finding tons of Onixes in the city were dashed. I headed home to my Spinaraks and Rattatas.

I was finally able to log in around 8 p.m. There was an Onix at our Pokestop, so my sister and I drove there (it's across a big road) and then walked around in our neighborhood and found a Kabuto and Omanyte and several Geodude. We both put the pretty awesome Adventurer's hat on our avatars. She told me that earlier in the day she'd found an Aerodactyl by the side of the road, and I'm a terrible person because I felt so jealous, even though I already have one.

I actually had more bad stuff going on today than just problems with Pokémon Go, so hopefully I'm not as shallow as I feel for getting upset about this. ^^; Anyway, I think I'll be fine logging in now and playing. I won't be back in the city until Monday, but hopefully spawns here will be decent.

I HAVE AMPHAROS NOW!
That's so awesome, Renia! :lol: It's such an amazing feeling when you finally get one of your favorites (in your case the ultimate favorite)! Ninetales was one of my all-time favorites and it took so long to get her (not many Vulpixes here); I still keep her powered up to the max just because I love her. :)

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1265 on: May 18, 2017, 10:31:10 PM »
I'm hoping to find a lot of Onix in this event since I need more to evolve.
My favorite thing in this event is the 4x buddy speed! I'm thrilled to see that walking my Totodile only need 75 meters for candy.
I'm gonna walk around like crazy during this event! :D

Rainbowrific Renia - Congratulation! Mareep is a favorite of mine too but I have yet to find a single one.

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 19, 2017, 03:03:38 AM »
Haruna, I feel your pain! Today I went on a BIG Pokemon walk around a popular touristy area, which has been super good to me in the past for these events (tons of Bulbasaur for the plant one!), and I found ONE Onix, and maybe five Kabutos. :/ There's some Geodudes, but we always have them! And maybe one Shuckle.

I'm so sad, I was hoping for tons of Onix (I'm 20/50 candy to evolve him!), and maybe a first Aerodactyl sighting - but no! Maybe better luck next time for both of us!! :hug:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 19, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »
So I've been able to evolve Omanyte, Slugma, and Kabuto thanks to this event. I'm 3 candies (so one Onix) away from Steelix, I'm at 44/50 candies so far from walking Scyther (got 4 of those candies yesterday evening), and I know it isn't a rock type, but I caught a Dragonite on my way to a job interview this morning! I've also seen like 5 Aerodactlys since this event started. Didn't need them, but I was still surprised.

I think I'll walk with Grimer next.

This event has been good to me already. ^.^ I hope my luck spreads out to you all!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »
An Aerodactyl menaces our neighborhood . . . I managed to encapsulate it in a little black and yellow ball. We can now sleep safely.

Haruna, I feel your pain! Today I went on a BIG Pokemon walk around a popular touristy area, which has been super good to me in the past for these events (tons of Bulbasaur for the plant one!), and I found ONE Onix, and maybe five Kabutos. :/ There's some Geodudes, but we always have them! And maybe one Shuckle.

I'm so sad, I was hoping for tons of Onix (I'm 20/50 candy to evolve him!), and maybe a first Aerodactyl sighting - but no! Maybe better luck next time for both of us!! :hug:
Thank you, Snapdragon! :hug: Your wishes for luck have helped. There have been a good amount of rock-type spawns here just in our neighborhood, and it's been fun seeing all of these different Pokemon, as rock types aren't the most common where we are. I now have my gold Rock badge! Are things going better for you?

I'm hoping to find a lot of Onix in this event since I need more to evolve.
My favorite thing in this event is the 4x buddy speed! I'm thrilled to see that walking my Totodile only need 75 meters for candy.
I'm gonna walk around like crazy during this event! :D
Yes, the buddy candy is awesome! I'm walking my Porygon and it's so nice having it go four times faster. I'm also aiming for a Steelix! Found some Onix so far, hoping for one with good IVs!

So I've been able to evolve Omanyte, Slugma, and Kabuto thanks to this event. I'm 3 candies (so one Onix) away from Steelix, I'm at 44/50 candies so far from walking Scyther (got 4 of those candies yesterday evening), and I know it isn't a rock type, but I caught a Dragonite on my way to a job interview this morning! I've also seen like 5 Aerodactlys since this event started. Didn't need them, but I was still surprised.

I think I'll walk with Grimer next.

This event has been good to me already. ^.^ I hope my luck spreads out to you all!
Whoa, a Dragonite! And 5 Aerodactyls is intense, ha ha. Very cool!

Offline Annie

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1269 on: May 21, 2017, 11:52:28 PM »
Finally got enough candy to evolve Onix into Steelix! :D
I actually found a wild Aerodactyl but he ran away. I'm glad I already have him but one more hade been pretty sweet :)

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 22, 2017, 04:45:31 AM »
I just evolved for Steelix as well! I also have Scizor and Togepi now. Even though I caught Dragonite last week, I hatched another Dratini so I was able to evolve my much better Dragonair.

Grimer will be my buddy for the remainder of the event and I suspect I'll be done with it by then.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 23, 2017, 04:31:54 AM »
I'm also having fun with this event so far, however, I hope there's more to it - I haven't come across a single Aerodactyl, and I so wish to find one! I'm leaving after work on a different route today (not going home but to visit a friend), so I'm hoping to find some secrets to discover in a new neighborhood :rolleyes:

What I did catch so far is a bunch of Kabuto and Omanyte - and I'm freaking out about how cute they are! :3 :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:
(I studied paleontology at university and my main interest is invertebrates, so bear with my odd taste in cuteness XD ) I already had Omastar, but until this I've never come across a single Kabuto (I only ever saw their shadows twice), so I'm really happy about their abundance - also, I'm hoping to catch enough to be able to evolve a Kabutops.
Geodude and Slugma are also common here, I already evolved a Magcargo, but I still need 40+ candies for Golem - I am trying to use Pinap berries to speed the process up.
Rhyhorns are not that common, but I already had several candies, so I managed to collect enough to finally evolve a Rhydon as well :) I've only come across one Onyx (and saw 2 more, but didn't have the opportunity to get to them), so at this pace I don't expect to get enough candies for a Steelix, but a few more candies at least would also be fine by me :)
Oh, and I've also found a Shuckle, who was completely new to me.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 23, 2017, 08:47:08 AM »
The only Pokemon I haven't seen much during this event is Larvitar, but I'm sure they did that on purpose. Of course, it's the only thing I still need because I need to evolve Pupitar. I went through my dex and I'm almost done, outside of regionals, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Elekid, Girafarig, Miltank Hitmonlee, and Porygon- which I'm still convinced I will never see/hatch.

My husband and I discovered a Cyndaquil nest a couple of towns over while we were walking in the park on Sunday. Caught 4 of them during the two hours were spent there. We'll probably go back down today after work.

When we were walking the other day, we ran into two other couples who were playing Pokemon Go as well, we even talked with them. It was actually really nice to run into people who are still playing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:23:30 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 23, 2017, 08:57:34 PM »
I think spoofers have taken over the area I work in. After the long weekend I came back and all 10 to 15 gyms on the island and nearby area were Level 10 with mostly the same trainers in them and mostly Snorlax and Blissey. Who has that many Snorlax, and especially Blissey? :blink: I work an hour away from where I live, and I recognized some of the names in these newly-conquered gyms from the library's gym and surrounding gyms in my home city. I had noticed these trainers taking over the library and surrounding gyms for some time but hadn't really suspected them of spoofing until now when they showed up an hour out of their usual area. It's possible that this was just a well-coordinated group attack, but how many people have five or so Blisseys? They took over every gym, as well, even those that are relatively hidden; I understand there's an app or something to find gyms, but I still find it suspicious. At any rate, it's a little annoying and once I get more potions and motivation I'll probably try to take back the "hidden" gym on the island (you can't see it unless you drive into the neighborhood; it's near the bay), which I've always thought of as mine, ha ha. Unless they are doing a super-good job of guarding it, I think it'll work; my sister and I took down their library gym before and it didn't revert to their team until at least a few hours later.

I'm also having fun with this event so far, however, I hope there's more to it - I haven't come across a single Aerodactyl, and I so wish to find one! I'm leaving after work on a different route today (not going home but to visit a friend), so I'm hoping to find some secrets to discover in a new neighborhood :rolleyes:

What I did catch so far is a bunch of Kabuto and Omanyte - and I'm freaking out about how cute they are! :3
I hope you find your Aerodactyl! Word on the street is that they're spawning in neighborhoods, but I'm not sure if that's accurate. It was true for me, though. I also find Omanyte, especially, really cute! Even before this event I had an Omanyte as the profile picture on my laptop's guest account XD There was an episode in the anime, I think, that made me first see them as really cute.

The only Pokemon I haven't seen much during this event is Larvitar, but I'm sure they did that on purpose. Of course, it's the only thing I still need because I need to evolve Pupitar. I went through my dex and I'm almost done, outside of regionals, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Elekid, Girafarig, Miltank Hitmonlee, and Porygon- which I'm still convinced I will never see/hatch.

My husband and I discovered a Cyndaquil nest a couple of towns over while we were walking in the park on Sunday. Caught 4 of them during the two hours were spent there. We'll probably go back down today after work.
A Cyndaquil nest would be awesome. Yeah, I haven't seen any Larvitar during this event; I thought I might see some, since I actually have seen two in the wild prior to this event, but none so far. I'm wondering if they meant for them to spawn during the event at all, since they cut way back on the accidental increased spawns in the beginning (they're a rock type, so I do think they should spawn more). 

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 24, 2017, 06:39:27 AM »
Ugh, spoofers are the worst! I'm pretty sure my town has been taken over by them, too. The other day my husband and I were walking around and there was a gym with room for two people, but we had to build up the prestige. Of course someone had Blissey at the bottom, which I think is detrimental to players on the same team trying to get in. To me, you put a Blissey in if you know it'll be towards the top. Aaaanyway, we fought the gym but quickly ran out of potions and revives, so we walked around to get more. The prestige was at 37500/40000. We got back 5 minutes later and someone was putting their Pokémon in (yet no one else was physically in sight) so...yeah. >_<

Yesterday the prestige was at 48500/50000, so I quickly fought it and stuck in my Dragonite. It's the first time I've been in a gym in forever! Unfortunately, the gym is mostly made up of one person with multiple accounts. They weren't even creative enough to come up with different usernames: they're all the same but like...one letter different. 5 accounts. Why?

Also, saw a Larvitar on the radar last night. My husband and I ran so fast to get to it because it was several blocks away. :lol: I really was hoping it would pop up more. Kinda like how I saw Totodile maybe twice during the water event.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:38:08 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal