collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Italian Ponies questions.  (Read 334 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Italian Ponies questions.
« on: January 27, 2017, 03:15:19 PM »
I have a few questions about Italian Ponies.

I am looking to scale down my collection a bit. I decided that I will now only collect Hong Kong/China Ponies. I personally prefer their clean/finished look over the wonky Italian Pony look (stamped eyes, often not even in the middle, strangely styled mane, slik tail etc. Ofcourse they are special and I love them. But I feel like, here in the Netherlands you are drowning in Italian Ponies. Besides, I feel I should put myself to a limit. If I have for example a Hong Kong Bubbles, then I don't need an Italian one. Otherwise my collection will never really feel "complete" to me. I don't want my collection to feel "forces" as in...there are idfferent variations of each Pony and I should get them all. And last of all, I don't have the place to store/display them right now.

My questions are:
- How do I sell them? In a lot or seperate on 1 euro starting price per Pony or 5 euro? I have no idea about their value.
- Are they wanted in the US or other European countries besides the Netherlands?
- Should I try to sell them on Ebay? I have negative experience with trying to sell on Ebay. As I feel Ponies don't really sell nowdays.
- And how is the demand of Italian Ponies on the Arena. Are they highly wanted?

Looking forward to some awnsers :)

My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Italian Ponies questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
I sold a couple of collector pose ones on eBay, I think it depends if people are looking. But I don't think there demand is any less than others unless they are supremely common... peachy lol

Offline biancaferrando

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Ferrando
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
I don't recall any of my friends actually collecting ponies sadly (I am Italian, moved to the USA only a couple of years ago and still have a lot of friends there), but if you would like I can ask if anyone knows anybody that collects, and how do they get their purchases. Collectors there are far more rare than here, and as far as I can remember they use ebay the most, etsy not so much. The starting at 1 euro ( in this case) is a good strategy but tends to back fire a bit much over there, meaning that too often you end up with the item sold for too much of a low price.
Britain and French are slightly better, I saw one Italian Pony on auction from Belgium. There is a part of me that kinda thinks that you may have luck selling italian ponies in Japan...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 03:14:31 AM »
It also depends on what the Italian pony is. Most of them don't fetch higher prices now, but there are some who do. I don't know what the market is like for them in general these days, as they were the original 'nirvana' variant pony back in a time before the nirvana term existed. Back then they were new, exciting and got a lot of interest - but now they appear quite a lot and their prices and trade values are much lower. It's really a case of identifying if any of the ones you have are ones people may pay a little more for for various reasons - though they tend to be ones that have odd colour schemes in the body/hair or a mismatched symbol/body colours, so I'm sure you'd notice them right away...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal