collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolls you ended up liking much more than you thought you would  (Read 1163 times)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dolls you ended up liking much more than you thought you would
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 11:08:40 AM »
Abbey is the only one I can't bond with on a large level... Love her character in the webisodes...

WildLace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:33 PM »
Abbey is the only one I can't bond with on a large level... Love her character in the webisodes...

Same here. I Love her character on the webisodes but I can't find myself to love her doll. I got a first release Signature Abbey (the one where her leggings cover her whole boots) and she is cute and all but I dont seem to Love her as much as I love the other dolls...and sadly my signature deuce seems to be following in Abbey's footprints.

As for a doll that I ended up loving much more than I thought was my forbitten love Draculaura. i originally got the set because my friend wanted Clawd,but not Draculaura. So I was like ok, I will keep her. I had always seen the MH dolls in store and I loved how different they were but I didnt love them so much that I would buy them. When I got Lala out of the box...OMG....INSTANT love!!! and so started my addiction  :P

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
For me it was DDG Ghoulia. I've never really liked Ghoulia dolls- I love her adorableness in the webisodes, but her dolls don't transfer any of that. I had a classroom Ghoulia because I want one of all the characters, and ended up with RM Ghoulia because she came with Abbey. I got the DDG three pack to turn into jackalopes, and ended up completely adoring her giant poof of hair. It's so much, and so fluffly! So, she replaced classroom (who;s undergoing a sex change operation at the moment; I need to repaint her to better match skin tone though) and now proudly wears my comic club outfit pack.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

angelfish

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 10:56:33 PM »
mejohnson, I agree.  I cannot bond with Abbey, I have had 4 of them including the first Sigature and sold them all.  It's a shame because I love her coloring and her character is awesome.  I do like customized Abbeys so I think it's a combination of her face sculpt and the screening that is unattractive to me.  I really preferred the wider set eyes on her like the first Signature and SS.

Some dolls I knew I'd love like Howleen and Rochelle but I've had some that have grown on me.  I wanted Skelita as she was a new character but fell for her much more than I thought I would.  I love her sweet face and her awesome body.  It's a marvel of toy design and so much fun to pose and photograph!  Also the Ice Girl from the Ice/Blob girl sets.  I knew I'd love the Blob girl and bought the set for her but didn't care for the Ice girl until I bought the siren add-on and gave the Ice girl Siren's head.  Now I love her and can't stop looking at her.  I wish they'd used the Siren's mold for Abbey instead....

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 10:58:16 PM »
I have all her dolls... but she gets less play time than all my other dolls... currently my favorite is my bombshell dollie I entered in the last ANTM...

Now I have to figure out which one I am going to use for this challenge... :)

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 06:31:09 AM »
Skelita.  I knew I was probably going to get her, but I never really liked her from all of the pre-release photos, but once I got her out of the box, I really really liked her.  She is so unique and her face is much less wall-eyed and googlie in person.  Plus, she poses really well. Total 180 for me!

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Shahaila

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 06:57:23 AM »
I wanted Skelita as she was a new character but fell for her much more than I thought I would.  I love her sweet face and her awesome body.  It's a marvel of toy design and so much fun to pose and photograph!
I so agree with you here!  I would want then not want Skelita, and had it not been for a b-day gift certificate I probably would have missed out on her.  But once I got her and took her out of the box she is by far my favorite doll to play with.  Ask poor Faunabay who gets almost daily pictures of Skelita texted to her in whatever new outfit I have her in for the day LOL.  By the way Skeli looks really adorable in the shorts/t-shirt/vest thing from the Robecca Deluxe Fashion Pack  :P.  The dress from that fashion pack also looks awsome on her, the coppers and blues look really good with her hair and make-up. I think Skeli likes Steam Punk (at least mine does LOL).  She also looks precious in the Lagoona fashion pack, those clear blue shoes winding up her bones are just too cute.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:59:36 AM by Shahaila »

Poney M

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »
RM Lagoona. I had a chance to get her, but I didn't like her at all, so I only bought Operetta. Now I'm almost obsessed getting her and think she's the prettiest of the bunch. Story of my life.

And when Scaris line was first published I didn't like Jina at all. Now she's my favorite along with Rochelle. I think it was the bad press photos.

On the other hand a lot of dolls don't seem so special anymore than when I got them. I absolutely adored signature Operetta and Toralei, but now they seem kinda bland.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 03:41:01 AM »
I love Abbey on the webisodes and I have her signature doll, but... I don't really like any of the other Abbies. In the thread, "which MH doll do you like least" I mentioned PD Abbey. I don't like anything at all about her... This seems to be common with all the Abbies I have seen, excluding the signature, which I sort of like, but it isn't my favorite.

What happened to Poney M has happened to me too. I actually noticed on the "which MH doll..." thread I say that I love Cupid, but now... I have grown out of it. She was one of the first dolls I wanted and got! What went wrong? I have no clue. Let's see if  repaint of her lips makes me change my mind.

One dolls that I have grown to like a lot and subsequently also want a lot, is Scaris Rochelle, I love her outfit and her shoes and her hair and just everything! I'll see if she grows on me enough for me to get her. I have recently decided to limit myself on dolls and not just get everything everywhere. I am trying to focus on the ones I really want.

Shahaila

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 06:26:15 AM »
I love Abbey on the webisodes and I have her signature doll, but... I don't really like any of the other Abbies. In the thread, "which MH doll do you like least" I mentioned PD Abbey. I don't like anything at all about her... This seems to be common with all the Abbies I have seen, excluding the signature, which I sort of like, but it isn't my favorite.
Nana and finally we find something we feel different about! :lol:  PD Abbey was a have-to-have doll for me and thanks to the lovely Faunabay I got her for my b-day.  I just love her!  I orignially wanted the signature Abbey, but once PD Abbey came out I decided I preferred her  :)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »
Shahaila: Differences create diversity! I am always intrigued when people have different tastes and preferences. That's what makes discussions more interesting. I don't know what it is about PD Abbey that rubs me the wrong way, there is just something. I'm glad you like her, she has a fantastic colour combo though. See I can say something nice about her  :)

nyanpotato

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 07:24:07 PM »
Scaris Rochelle and that un-named beach line Lagoona with Venus,Lala and Lagoona.
When I bought Scaris Roch' I thought to myself,She doesn't look as pretty as in all the pictures I have seen of her,Then when I de-boxed her I fell in love with Rochelle,She looks amazing out of the box.

Same with Beach Lagoona,I thought she wasn't exactly the prettiest Lagoona out there but I got her anyway,I de-boxed her and let me tell you,She is officially my favorite Lagoona I own,Her hair,Her makeup,Her outfit,She is amazing.

faunabay

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:06 PM »
Scaris Rochelle and that un-named beach line Lagoona with Venus,Lala and Lagoona.
Same with Beach Lagoona,I thought she wasn't exactly the prettiest Lagoona out there but I got her anyway,I de-boxed her and let me tell you,She is officially my favorite Lagoona I own,Her hair,Her makeup,Her outfit,She is amazing.
Oh don't tell me this!!  I keep going back and forth about her.   Shoot!!  Now I may need to get her.   :whistle:

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 07:44:10 PM »
I think for me it is Picture Day Cleo. I never cared much for Cleo (my favorite characters are Spectra, Lagoona, Ghoulia), but when I was opening dolls with Nana-Rena a couple of weeks back, I deboxed PD Cleo and once I held her in my hand and turned her around, I thought "she is really cool". I loved her hair and the royal blue/gold outfit. A couple days later I got my own! :)

I agree with you, Cleo is making me want all the PD ghouls... I really love her outfit and how much blue is in her hair.

The other doll I love more than I thought it Signature Howleen... I think they did a fantastic job on her and she is so detailed and accessorized and I love it!

nyanpotato

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
Oh don't tell me this!!  I keep going back and forth about her.   Shoot!!  Now I may need to get her.   :whistle:

Beach line Lagoona by •♥Liv4Ever♥•, on Flickr
I think you should get her.
Thats my Flickr if anyone wants to add me :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal