collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 190387 times)

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm TheL1985

sharayahlynn

Well, now that I've finally noticed and accepted my six friend requests (:blush:), I'm still getting that silly message telling me that I have no friends. So I guess I'm stuck waiting to welcome Scootaloo until the crazy thing discovers that I actually do have GL Live! friends. :rolleyes:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
As much as I enjoy the game itself, the issues are really beginning to irritate me.

I bought some gems in the sale and the game crashed as the confirmation went through, so they were never credited to my account. It took numerous emails, me saying I would go direct to amazon for a refund and two attempts to credit me before it went  through. Though in their defence, they credited me with more gems than I purchased.

The crashing is getting worse. SO often it just dies. I logged a ticket, and they responded to me, asking to gether some information, however the instructions they gave me were for a normal Android device - although Kindle Fires are technically Android, they do not run in quite the same way, and the application they linked me to is not available on the Fire.

Then it has developed an annoying problem, where it doesn't save the last thing I do, whether that be a game, moving things around, collecting gems or hearts. The last one  is actually the most annoying, as  it then loses the hearts completely - not on my account or in the inbox. This  wouldn't be so much of a problem if the game didn't crash constantly!!

So I decided to post on their forums, with my ticket numbers, and see if anyone else  had issues. Turns out they have upgraded their forums, and I have to change my password, which it won't let me do, and it won't let me contact the forum administrator either! Good to see their forums are as well tested as their games. If it doesn't work by tomorrow, I'll just sign up with another ID.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

flutterwry

So I decided to post on their forums, with my ticket numbers, and see if anyone else  had issues. Turns out they have upgraded their forums, and I have to change my password, which it won't let me do, and it won't let me contact the forum administrator either! Good to see their forums are as well tested as their games. If it doesn't work by tomorrow, I'll just sign up with another ID.
Good to know you've got the same issue with that silly forum...

Well, my personal opinion is (and I'm sorry to be such a Negative Nancy[TM]) that you shouldn't have bought anything from GL in the first place. But you're not a child any more and there's no use crying over spilt milk. Just my reason for this unfriendly thought: in my eyes the only language they understand is €¢$¥£ - i.e. as long as there are people who still pay for this bug infested piece of software, GL will not see any reason to change their terrible behaviour - the business model works, all's fine, don't bother with complaints. If their sales break in, however, they might wake up.

My recommendation: get the Dreamwalk which now works for Kindle, too, give yourself 5 million gems and the hearts you need and maybe reset the received hearts counter. I made the experience that, for whatever reason, the game is slower and tends to crash more if there are lots of hearts which need to be collected.

Some boring tech talk for those who want to know more:
The current version of the Dreamwalk showed me why this could be one of the reasons for the constant crashes, as it allows you to view (and modify, if you know what you're doing - sadly I don't...) the unencrypted Savegame in "XML mode".
The mlp_savegame.dat is a monstrous XML file with more than 10000 lines. Every single item, every pony, shop, decoration, parasprite, gift you gave, heart you have to collect etc. is listed there with its according values. If you are bored, scroll through it. One thing is clear: the less items, the smaller that file - the less memory and CPU ressources are needed to process it. Afaik, an XML file always needs to be read (and rewritten) completely if it is accessend and the tiniest value is modified (i.e. bits are collected, a parasprite is killed, ...) and it seems to me like our mobile devices' memories are quite overwhelmed by the sheer mass of stuff listed in this file. This condition is worsened by the Canterlot additions which made that file even bigger and all those randomizers which define when a new changeling, :muffin: Pony, rock etc. shows up.
My assumption is that the game could run smoother, was there a nice, clean SQL table instead, where single values are accessed and modified, not a whole file - but... Gameloft.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Does anyone know just how rare it is to find ponies in the Balloon Pop? I'm only missing the two from Canterlot now, but I don't seem to be having much luck.

To be honest, now that all other ponies are up to 5 stars and all quests are completed, I haven't really been logging in - The Parasprites and Changelings drain more resources every day than what I receive (for Magic and Loyalty, anyway).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

flutterwry

Does anyone know just how rare it is to find ponies in the Balloon Pop? I'm only missing the two from Canterlot now, but I don't seem to be having much luck.
Personally, each balloon pony cost me appx. 500-600 gems. Be aware that you can only play with Upper Crust, while 'Fleur Dis Lee' due to being an alicorn has already got her five stars.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
GL is so lazy! They just took Cadance, tweaked her a bit, and made her into Fleur de Lis without fixing other things. She should not be an alicorn. They did this will several ponies, actually. Crescent Pony is Dr Hooves with wings, but they didn't flag him as pegasus so he flies with butterfly wings.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Guh, so I FINALLY saved up enough Magic Shards to activate my harmony stone today, which is super-duper exciting! ... and then Nightmare Moon showed up and said I had to 'gather the elements of harmony.' Uh, what? I thought I just DID that! Talk about unclear. :/
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

flutterwry

Turns out they have upgraded their forums, and I have to change my password, which it won't let me do, and it won't let me contact the forum administrator either! Good to see their forums are as well tested as their games. If it doesn't work by tomorrow, I'll just sign up with another ID.

Me again. It works now, at least it did so for me.
Good luck!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  My game loft ID is:  Caetikins 

Gonna add as many of you as I can now, LOL!!!

Offline BlueyBirdy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bird horse!
    • View Profile
Guh, so I FINALLY saved up enough Magic Shards to activate my harmony stone today, which is super-duper exciting! ... and then Nightmare Moon showed up and said I had to 'gather the elements of harmony.' Uh, what? I thought I just DID that! Talk about unclear. :/

You have to have all of the Main 6 characters and they all need to be at five stars. You also need the Town Hall.

(Yeah, the Town Hall is ridiculously expensive.  :( )
Formerly known as BluePhoenix

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Personally, each balloon pony cost me appx. 500-600 gems. Be aware that you can only play with Upper Crust, while 'Fleur Dis Lee' due to being an alicorn has already got her five stars.
Ack. Well, I suppose if it means completion...

I must say though, that Dreamwalk made this game so much more fun. I still have loads of space for new ponies too.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

flutterwry

Ack. Well, I suppose if it means completion...
... you may have to invest many, many gems.

I must say though, that Dreamwalk made this game so much more fun. I still have loads of space for new ponies too.
True words! Without this modification, this game would be impossible to play - or it would cost you at least (!!!) as much as a new and shiny gaming device. This is striking: for the money you'd have to invest in gems (i.e. worthless pixels) you could get an entire Nintendo 3DS, an X-Box 360 or a Kindle Fire... or a month's worth of good food.

By the way, there's a function where you can simply put the balloon ponies in your inventory with the most recent version of the Dreamwalk - so, if (and only if) you don't feel at all like popping balloons, this is an option.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:59:44 PM by flutterwry »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
So where can I get this dream walk thing?

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Good to know you've got the same issue with that silly forum...

Well, my personal opinion is (and I'm sorry to be such a Negative Nancy[TM]) that you shouldn't have bought anything from GL in the first place. But you're not a child any more and there's no use crying over spilt milk. Just my reason for this unfriendly thought: in my eyes the only language they understand is €¢$¥£ - i.e. as long as there are people who still pay for this bug infested piece of software, GL will not see any reason to change their terrible behaviour - the business model works, all's fine, don't bother with complaints. If their sales break in, however, they might wake up.

My recommendation: get the Dreamwalk which now works for Kindle, too, give yourself 5 million gems and the hearts you need and maybe reset the received hearts counter. I made the experience that, for whatever reason, the game is slower and tends to crash more if there are lots of hearts which need to be collected.

Some boring tech talk for those who want to know more:
The current version of the Dreamwalk showed me why this could be one of the reasons for the constant crashes, as it allows you to view (and modify, if you know what you're doing - sadly I don't...) the unencrypted Savegame in "XML mode".
The mlp_savegame.dat is a monstrous XML file with more than 10000 lines. Every single item, every pony, shop, decoration, parasprite, gift you gave, heart you have to collect etc. is listed there with its according values. If you are bored, scroll through it. One thing is clear: the less items, the smaller that file - the less memory and CPU ressources are needed to process it. Afaik, an XML file always needs to be read (and rewritten) completely if it is accessend and the tiniest value is modified (i.e. bits are collected, a parasprite is killed, ...) and it seems to me like our mobile devices' memories are quite overwhelmed by the sheer mass of stuff listed in this file. This condition is worsened by the Canterlot additions which made that file even bigger and all those randomizers which define when a new changeling, Drama Pony, rock etc. shows up.
My assumption is that the game could run smoother, was there a nice, clean SQL table instead, where single values are accessed and modified, not a whole file - but... Gameloft.

I did think long and hard before purchasing any, but honestly it probably cost them more in the wages for the customer care person to fix it than I actually spent! (it was one of the smaller packs and it was on sale) I only really went for them as I wanted to continue with the two unskippable Canterlot quests without compromising my saving for  the town hall. For some reason, I kind of want to do the main parts of the game without using the Dreamwalk. Once I'm done with the main bits though, I'll certainly be using the Dreamwalk to get the rest ;) There are too many stupidly expensive ponies. Luckily I only have three heart ponies to go, and I have enough for two and a half of them :)

That does make sense about the crashing and the file. Would also explain the not saving things properly, which it's doing a bit sporadically at the moment. I came to it late, but I have played it a lot. I tend to make the effort to do things I don't need to (like move paths around) once I'm done with the things I do want to do, as otherwise it tends to disappear :(

Good to know the forums are working again!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal