collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony game for IOS! Post your Gameloft IDs! ID List in first post!  (Read 190561 times)

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic game for IOS!
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2012, 08:21:24 AM »
If it's like Ice Age you just have to use the time cheat to go forward in time and collect everything you can for as many days as you can.  I've also spotted that the rocks are growing through the paths so I've changed some to trees to see if that will stop them. You can wait for sales maybe, if they've done one they might do more for the really hard to get ponies, you just have to save up enough gems to afford them if they do.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »
I think I have IOS and Android friends- I can't visit my android friends to leave them chests or see their setup- but I can still send gifts

I started over and now I'm being more careful about expanding land and filling up spots to prevent parasprites. You can buy roads or trees to fill up spaces, but I suggest expanding slowly while cramming in as many buildings close together as possible.

Thats how I've been doing it and it works pretty well- it is a little costly, but I haven't encountered any drawbacks with the timecheat except that when I go back to "regular time" - it says I can't leave another gift for friends for something like 22200002 hours, lol

That is good news to hear that the pricey ponies will be available for bits or free at some point- the game is cute but I am not paying $100+ to get the last 3 characters...

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2012, 08:37:51 AM »
I caved the other night and spent $10 to get Rarity, and now I don't even want to play anymore. :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ranchlamb

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/iluvsassybunny/index.html
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
Why is it Everyone focuses on the negatives instead of the positives. The game is still fun, even with some frustrating things like the gem quest items. Just build pony ills the way you want it and forget the quests.

DirePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
I deleted my game and reinstalled it. In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I thought the daily bonus stopped on 8/31/13. This isn't the case as I have now time traveled out to 1/2/18. And I am sitting at 1170 gems and just over 1000000 bits. My plan is to keep going out until I have enough gems to buy everything without having to spend a dime of real money. The kicker is I wouldn't even have a problem spending money on the game if gems and ponies were ridiculously priced. I got a $50 iTunes card yesterday for having perfect attendance at work and I would have no problem spending all of it in this game but when you can't even buy the most expensive pony, Celestia, for that that is a problem. If the higher end ponies were a more reasonable amount, say $5 or $10 for a pack of 2 or 3 Gameloft would be seeing more sales and the game would at least playable without having to cheat.
And don't get me started on the parasprites which have no purpose beyond wasting shards. And even that wouldn't be bad if once they were wiped out they stayed gone but nope they just keep coming back over and over!

Offline Eternity

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »
So having played for a few days, I have a couple of observations to share from my experience:

1. After sending friend requests and having something like 40 friends on Gameloft, I had only one pony friend available. On the advice of people on this thread, I downloaded the Gameloft app and created a character on there. On a whim I decided to try visiting the hub on one of my friends, to see what happened. Nothing exciting happened on the Gameloft app, but when I started FiM back up, that person was now on my friendlist. So I subsequently went back to the Gameloft app and attempted to visit the hub of every one of my friends. I've gone from 1 friend to 10 in just over a day's time, though my Gameloft friend count is around 70. It's possible it's a coincidence and they're slowly rolling out friends to me as their servers catch up, but so far they're all friends whose hubs I visited on the Gameloft app. If you want to try it to see if it helps populate your pony friend list, it's worth a shot. I've been sending gifts and chests as often as possible to everyone that's showing up; still need 2 chests and 2 hearts to get past the dreaded social goal I'm stuck on. Thanks to everyone who's sharing!

2. I've found that the longer it takes to make something, the more likely it will give you a rare magic shard at the end. The hat store has given me most of my lightning, magic, and butterfly shards, and the spa usually gives me Rarity's shards. I've also found that I'm more likely to get balloon shards where Pinkie Pie is working, and apple shards where any of the apple family is working. This could be coincidence, but it seems to be working well for me.

I'm eternitymlp if anyone hasn't added me yet. :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »
I just started this game yesterday on my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It's sooo pretty on this phone. *.*

It's a cute game! I won't bother with the time cheats since I don't care enough, but it's cool to see people are having fun with this game. You can add me to your Gameloft friends list with the same username I have on here, Yurusumaji.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

thekozmicpig

« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but I really wish there was a way to drop off a chest at my friend's towns and go straight back to friends lists instead of:

1. Drop off chest.
2. Back to my town.
3. Go to social.
4. Drop off chest.

We really could use an update that let's one go from their friend's town to their friends list. I've had other games do it and it IS so much more convenient. You'll be surprised at how much such a simple change improves it.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
Archer_06 on the game :) I think most of the issue si have with the game have been mentioned lol. So i'll just add that it's cute and i love that my fave pony gives me gems occasionally when i find her....and i find her a lot lol

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #309 on: November 16, 2012, 04:27:53 PM »
Why is it Everyone focuses on the negatives instead of the positives.
Well, I think it's because people feel cheated that GameLoft said that the game can be completed without spending money, but here we are looking at some ponies which can only be purchased using gems, which are hard to come by in the game and have to be purchased using real money. And there are ponies that require a ridiculously large amount of gems to get, but are mandatory to progress the quests. That, and a bunch of other annoying things.

As for me, I feel that the opening story was unnecessary (and there's no way to skip it), and the dialog between Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle is dragging :/

By the way, did anyone notice that the minus-one of Winter Wrap-Up plays as one of the background music in the game and that the tune played during the loading screen is the minus-one of Pinkie Pie's Smile Song?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:57:00 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Jypsy

« Reply #310 on: November 16, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »
Why is it Everyone focuses on the negatives instead of the positives.
Well, I think it's because people feel cheated that GameLoft said that the game can be completed without spending money, but here we are looking at some ponies which can only be purchased using gems, which are hard to come by in the game and have to be purchased using real money. And there are ponies that require a ridiculously large amount of gems to get, but are mandatory to progress the quests. That, and a bunch of other annoying things.

As for me, I feel that the opening story was unnecessary (and there's no way to skip it), and the dialog between Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle is dragging :/

By the way, did anyone notice that the minus-one of Winter Wrap-Up plays as one of the background music in the game and that the tune played during the loading screen is the minus-one of Pinkie Pie's Smile Song?

I have to say that I was thrilled to at least hear dialogue in the proper voices. It showed a bit of commitment to the fans compared to the ios storybooks that were released recently, that have no "real" voices.

As for the whole "completing the game without spending money" I think you can but it will of course take quite a long while, however you won't have all the ponies and bonus items, just the ones needed to complete the story.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 17, 2012, 02:46:18 AM »
Whew! I just got down going through all 20 pages and adding folks!

I am Maniah_Ryu in the game. Someone stole my name :(

Would it be OK to start a new topic that has all of our ID's as well as the OS we use listed in the first post? If I hadn't had to search through 20 pages, thatw ould have been so much easier. I just don't want to start that project if the mods will think it is wrong to do so.

Alternatively, the OP for this thread could do the list in the first post here. That would be nice too :)

I think its best to keep all the discussion in this one thread to be honest as other wise, even though a second thread may be just to announce ids, the discussion will likely spread there too.

I would suggest yes the OP could list IDs within their first post if they wish to do so or alternatively people could put their ids within their signatures so that they are easy to spot across the forum.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #312 on: November 17, 2012, 04:14:55 AM »
Hmm Is there any reason for me to visit a friends town other than to drop off a chest? Do I get anything out of it?

Also, what is the average wait time to get people from your "invited" list, to show up on your friends list? It's been one day and I have had 3 or 4 show up so far, out of over 20. I know it's either bugged or incredibly slow, so I was just wondering what the time frame has been like for others.

DirePony

« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2012, 05:00:52 AM »
I will work on getting my first post updated with everypony's user ID this afternoon!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2012, 05:19:33 AM »
I have to say that I was thrilled to at least hear dialogue in the proper voices. It showed a bit of commitment to the fans compared to the ios storybooks that were released recently, that have no "real" voices.
Yes, unfortunately there's no skipping of the dialog. It's annoying me out. I don't mind not having a voice at all. But not being able to turn off the dialog audio...

As for the whole "completing the game without spending money" I think you can but it will of course take quite a long while, however you won't have all the ponies and bonus items, just the ones needed to complete the story.
And yes, a long while, after you've reached a certain point and things start slowing down to a crawl thanks to the extremely high price in bits/gems it costs to proceed. That's when the game starts feeling like a drag and a chore and the urge to quit kicks in.

---
I've been thinking about restarting my iPad4's copy of the game. I've reached an annoying point in the game where I need gems that I have accidentally wasted (yes, accidentally. The darn thing should've asked whether I mean it when I accidentally fumble the darn iPad4 and tap on the "use gem to speed up construction" button for a building.

Also, the darn game is giving me the stupid find three chest quest on my iPad1. Problem is, only two friends are showing in the list even though there are already 40 friends in my GameLoft Live account. And that, I guess, brings me to another point of why people are seeing negatives in the game- it's still buggy as heck and certain UI decisions (like the lack of confirmation when spending gems or expanding land) are not well thought out.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:25:17 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal