collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nose rings?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Nose rings?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:01 AM »
Not me! I spend far too much time sick for that to work but they look really neat!
You know mine never really bothered me surprisingly :) I have pretty chronic allergies too and go through about a quarter of a box of tissues every day and have them strategically placed everywhere around my apartment lol. I even got a cold like a week after I pierced it and it wasn't too bad.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 05:18:41 PM »
My best friend recently was thinking about a nose ring for the longest time until she settled on getting her eyebrow pierced instead. :) Nose rings can look really great on some people too... but I don't think it would fit for my nose, lol. Besides, I hardly wear earrings anyway, and if I can't keep up with one piercing I might as well not bother with a second one.

LizbethDawn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
I've had mine for 4 years now. It hurt about as bad as popping a large painful pimple and made the same sound lol. I think my ears hurt worse. It had stopped hurting at all by the next morning and I cleaned mine with leftover ear piercing cleaner from Claire's.
As far as healing I had a stud in it for two weeks then went to a hoop and I didn't leave it out for more than an hour or so for 6 months because I'm paranoid  :blush:
Now I can leave it out for two or three days with no problems if I need to.
This is the only picture where you can really see it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
I don't have any advice but I do want to get a stud in my nose xD My mom was paranoid I wouldn't be able to get a job when I talked to her about it (I'm 22 but I talk to my mom about everything lol). I now have a job so maybe I'll go through with it :P I have a tattoo on my wrist so I'm sure that would have been a bigger issue if anything lol.

Thanks Whippetluv!

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
I've had it done twice and it definitely hurts but the pain is manageable. I've let them close though because I work in a medical laboratory (very germy)  and it is against the dress code as well. I really miss having my nose pierced. :(
Good luck! Post pictures!! :)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
Thanks! I will probably do it this weekend if I have time. I'm pretty excited, actually. :)

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »
Oh and it definitley won't feel as weird as having your eyeliner tattooed on. Despite being all numbed up, it feels like someones fuffing with your eyelashes for an hour.  -.o

The word "fuffing" made me laugh! Officially noted in my ever-growing dictionary of silly-yet-awesome words.

Like everyone else - my nostril piercing was no big. Did mine myself (as said, do not do this!). I liked it, even my mum liked it and my mum is all "Body mods are gross." I liked it, it was cute without being too obtrusive.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
I have the left side of my nose pierced. I thought it would hurt a lot worse than it did and since you said you already have your tongue pierced then I would say that getting your nose pierced should be a breeze  ^.^  It healed pretty fast (I can't remember an exact time period because it was a few years ago), but I did end up getting a bump around the piercing that lasted for a couple months though  >_<  I guess it's pretty normal for it to happen and it went away eventually. It wasn't that big but big enough to annoy me. All in all it was worth it now though  :)
I've been wanting to get my tongue pierced but have heard SO many horror stories that I just can't bring myself to do it  :P

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »
I have my nose pierced. I can't comment much on the pain scale, seeing as I rather enjoy being pierced (I'm an oddity..) and have a high pain tolerance. I was a bleeder, but that was understandable given the time I got it pierced (blood vessels were a mess)!

The weirdest bit is having the cannula in your nose. I found it quite amusing. :silly: My piercer, Suzanne, told me people often think it's a needle sticking out of their nose.. :lol:

Now for the seriousness. If you bump or aggravate your nasal piercing before it's had chance to heal, chances are you'll get a raised bump. Nice. This 'bump' is actually raised scar tissue, so DO NOT BURST IT. No. Absolutely no. If you're silly enough to pop it, you'll be in a lot of pain and it'll probably worsen. So don't do it.

What you need to do instead is get yourself back to your piercer, who will quite probably do one or more of the following:

- Give you some alcohol swabs or tea tree oil to dry it out. Eventually it'll fall off / burst on its own accord.
- Advise you bathe it in a mixture of sterile water (boiled then cooled) and salt, aka saline.
- If the above doesn't work, advise the aspirin method. Dissolve one tablet in the tiniest drop of water to create a paste, then use a clean cotton bud to cover the entire area (do not remove the stud or ring) and leave it on overnight. Wash it off in the morning, repeat for 7-10 days.
- Warn you not to touch the piercing with unclean hands and not to remove that piercing.
- Invite you back for checkups, or advise you to see your doctor.

If your immune system is weak (if you're recovering from an illness or you're a bit under the weather) you probably know to be careful when considering a new piercing. The body's healing responses probably won't be at their best if you're sick, so infection is more likely.
Fight like a girl..

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 08:52:14 AM »
Thanks Brightside! What a great post!  I actually enjoy being pierced too. I'm sort of surprised with myself that I don't have more... :)

I'm looking forward to it.  Do they use a hollow needle (I hope?).

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »
All piercers should be using hollow needles. That's all I ever used when I used to do my own.
Those bumps are called keloids, I used to get them around bridge piercing as well as my surface piercings. Nasty little buggers. I only ever used baby aspirin crushed to a powder and mixed with some water as a paste. What it does is dries them out. So you will see the top layers of the keloids dry up and they just come off. Slowly it'll just dry out and go away. I never worried about keloids, as long as they are hard that is what they are. Keloids are just scar tissue build up. Now if you get any bumps that are soft and (this is really gross) puss filled, go into the doctor for it, especially if it starts getting painful. It could be a staph infection. And trust me.. those are horrible! Fortunately you are just getting your nose pierced so all of this stuff you really won't have to worry about! :)
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 10:15:06 AM »
*should try to put earrings on today to make sure her ears dont close in on her*

I havent wron them in awhile because my ears got infected awhile ago >>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
Thanks Brightside! What a great post!  I actually enjoy being pierced too. I'm sort of surprised with myself that I don't have more... :)

You're very welcome. :] They do indeed use a hollow needle.. if they try to pierce anything but your ear lobes with a gun, run like hell! :yikes:

I'm not so surprised I don't have more, as I can't afford it :lol: but had I the money, I would. I've only got my nose piercing until I start uni anyway (no facial piercings allowed for health and safety on my placements and job.. crycrycry).
Fight like a girl..

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
I got mine pierced in January and actually thought it was fairly painful, but absolutely worth it! I second everything BrightSide said about care except that when you use Tea Tree Oil you should probably dilute it with a carrier oil, such as Vitamin E - I have heard horror stories about Tea Tree melting paint as it's such a strong substance! Also, if you have sensitive skin, be cautious using an aspirin paste. The most gentle way of removing hypertrophic scar tissue (the "bump") is with chamomile tea bag compresses. They also work great for any irritated piercing!

One thing I always mention when someone gets a nose piercing is to make sure the initial jewelry is a stud and is long enough to accommodate swelling. My stud began to embed in my nose before my trusty piercer, Tommy, bent it to custom fit as I swelled more than expected.

Good luck and enjoy your piercing! :)

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Asphodel

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 03:16:50 AM »

You're very welcome. :] They do indeed use a hollow needle.. if they try to pierce anything but your ear lobes with a gun, run like hell! :yikes:

I'm not so surprised I don't have more, as I can't afford it :lol: but had I the money, I would. I've only got my nose piercing until I start uni anyway (no facial piercings allowed for health and safety on my placements and job.. crycrycry).

Aww. I'm a nurse, and where I work, we're allowed facial piercings for cultural reasons. I use a clear labret retainer to hide mine though. They are lifesavers and come in handy for all kind of formal occasions and interviews, so I always have a couple handy!

I had my nose pierced as a kid, NOT with a needle and definitely NOT in aseptic conditions  :shocked: and it didn't hurt. Made my eyes water though. These days though, most piercers are professional and clean and use a needle. Anyone who produces anything else certainly isn't trained properly, so feel free to tell them so and run a mile!

That said, my nose healed with no problems requiring more than a bit of salt water and tea tree :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal