collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Steven Universe anyone?  (Read 44038 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Universe anyone?
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2016, 01:30:38 AM »
Steven Universe is a US-created cartoon, but since the gal who created it (Rebecca Sugar) was influenced by the anime she watched growing up, there are a lot of anime-ish references and influences. (You could argue that the Crystal Gems, as a group, are all magical girl types? Especially Steven himself! XD) So if you like anime, you might like Steven Universe! It's a lot more like Sailor Moon than Spongebob Squarepants, but that's just my take on it.

I've really enjoyed the Summer of Steven so far!! I love that we got to see some older characters come back!! :heart: Liiiiiike ...

Spoiler
CENTIPEEDLE!!! SHE BROKE MY HEART!! I hope we can see her fixed up eventually, poor thing wanted to go back with her crew!! :( I also thought it was so surprising when Jasper showed up again, I was like :O!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!! I've heard some speculation and MAAAAAN I can't wait!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »
I was wondering when this thread would show up again! At least y'all aren't missing the Summer of Steven.

ANYWAY I found this on Tumblr:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Lol-  pretty good actually although I think they grossly underestimated how much custom designer suits might cost-

Offline Peloria

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2016, 12:14:21 AM »
Natasha Lyonne cameo is giving me life!
This series is just so great, the styling, the storytelling it's all just sooo good!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 18, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »
I do still really love this show- 

I'm glad figures are starting to come out- I got a couple of those "blind bag" Funko Mystery Minis- they are so cute!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 25, 2016, 11:09:27 PM »
Omg... This newest episode of SU... I bawled like a huge baby.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 25, 2016, 11:14:07 PM »
Eh, I admit to me it was kinda boring :s I couldn't pay attention to it at all :c
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 25, 2016, 11:17:57 PM »

I was on the verge of tears. It was a really touching episode, and I loved the song.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »
♪ ♪ Take a moment to think of just, flexibility love and trust- ♪ ♪

You're telling me! The repeat appearances of (truck roaring past) and (loud horn honking)'s (duck quacks) was just too much for me.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 25, 2016, 11:22:48 PM »
On the other hand I'm glad Jasper is out of the way. She got on my nerves. One minute she wants to fuse, next she hates fusion with the passion  :pout: ugh, make up your mind... -_-
Oh no!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2016, 11:27:06 PM »
On the other hand I'm glad Jasper is out of the way. She got on my nerves. One minute she wants to fuse, next she hates fusion with the passion  :pout: ugh, make up your mind... -_-

Yeah, I wasn't the biggest fan of Jasper either. I'll admit that the conflict of her wanting to fuse with Lapis again, despite being so heavily against fusion, was intetestng but...meh. I just didn't like her character much. She just annoyed me for some reason.
Instagram / Want List

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 25, 2016, 11:37:59 PM »

I was on the verge of tears. It was a really touching episode, and I loved the song.

I'm so happy there was another Garnet Song, seems like whenever she sings, her songs are powerful and touching.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 25, 2016, 11:39:20 PM »
I wouldn't mind if they made a mystery mini character of her though. Finally got a hold of some from Hot Topic, i'm surprised how tiny they are! I hate the fact that  $20 is being dished out for a single character on ebay :s I may have to splurge a bit to get Lion, Peridot and Lapis though... Peridot is so cute XD I'm so amused by her!
Oh no!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
I believe there is some kind of Jasper mini coming out, can't remember what line / series though. I'm also not a big fan of her, I don't see what everyone loves about her so much..

I was also pretty emotional over yesterdays episode and almost all of the end half of season 3. Sometimes I feel like this show is trying to tell me something.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2016, 09:43:04 AM »
The oonl minis I've picked up have been the small blind bags at Target. They have tiny stands for the figures and they're adorable! I've gotten Steven, Connie, Pearl, and Garnet so far. I hope they make others because the price is better than the Funko ones- even if I really want Greg, Lion, and Rose from that set. :lol:

Episodes like the most recent one are why I will forever suggest Steven Universe to anyone who thinks American made cartoons are garbage. This show evokes feelings within me that I don't typically get with other cartoons, and the music...oh the music! :blush: I'm so glad that most of my friends watch it, this summer of new episodes has given us a LOT to talk about, haha. I'm also glad my husband loves it as much as I do. We have some pretty in depth discussions about it and I love that.

Post Merge: August 26, 2016, 09:47:17 AM

I believe there is some kind of Jasper mini coming out, can't remember what line / series though. I'm also not a big fan of her, I don't see what everyone loves about her so much..

The Pint Sized Heroes line from Funko. :) They should be out sometime this year, and I actually kinda like their weird look.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:53:37 AM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
The oonl minis I've picked up have been the small blind bags at Target. They have tiny stands for the figures and they're adorable! I've gotten Steven, Connie, Pearl, and Garnet so far. I hope they make others because the price is better than the Funko ones- even if I really want Greg, Lion, and Rose from that set. :lol:

Episodes like the most recent one are why I will forever suggest Steven Universe to anyone who thinks American made cartoons are garbage. This show evokes feelings within me that I don't typically get with other cartoons, and the music...oh the music! :blush: I'm so glad that most of my friends watch it, this summer of new episodes has given us a LOT to talk about, haha. I'm also glad my husband loves it as much as I do. We have some pretty in depth discussions about it and I love that.

Post Merge: August 26, 2016, 09:47:17 AM

The Pint Sized Heroes line from Funko. :) They should be out sometime this year, and I actually kinda like their weird look.

OMG THOSE ARE SO CUTE!!!!  I Finally got my notice from Toywiz my mystery minis are shipping- and managed to pick up the gamestop exclusives too-  now there are more ??? 

I haven't seen the newest episode yet- this weekend hopefully!  I've been rewatching a bunch of episodes that are now on hulu that I originally saw on one of the streaming sites.  So nice to see the episodes all huge and with no transmission errors, haha  - I sure wish they'd keep up with the series though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal