collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help Plasticizer Leaking?  (Read 381 times)

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
Help Plasticizer Leaking?
« on: January 26, 2017, 12:17:47 PM »
My G1 Confetti came to me with crunchy sticky hair from un-rinsed fabric softener. While washing her, I also took her apart to give her a good clean to smell fresh again. Her first initial wash didn't remove cigarette smell, so I thought an inside out cleaning would do the trick. She came out nice, but the inside of her body is very tacky. I'm thinking it's more than just fabric softener from her hair. She's leaking plasticize. What can I do to help her? On the outside she's fine. It's only the inside of her body.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Help Plasticizer Leaking?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 01:05:46 PM »
There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop the process. You can lean off the plastisizer as it leaks out- but apart from that... nothing.

Fortunately, the end result is really just a super hard pony. My original Cotton Candy went through that...

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 11:12:30 PM »
Oh! I remember reading another thing, if you eventually have to clean it off the exterior be very careful since you can accidentally wipe the paint off when that happens and to make sure nothing is pressing against it that can distort the shape (create a dent, move a leg at a strange angle, etc) since it's difficult to change back if it gets stuck

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 05:30:07 AM »
I've never seen anything about the paint potentially getting wiped off, but yes, just give her a wash and the stickiness will go away. It will return and you'll have to clean her again until the plasticizer has all run out and she's hard as a rock.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal