collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Found White Celestia, but they all have paint issues? *need advice*  (Read 636 times)

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
I found about 20 of the brushable white Celestia and Pinkie Pie duo sets tonight, but all of them had paint issues. Celestia's face looked like a four year old decided to her make up on most of them, and there were splotches of paint on various body parts. Pinkie had some eye issues going on on quite a few as well. Is there a way to lighten up the blush on Celestia witout ruining the rest of her? I didn't get one yet (no $$ at the moment), but I'm curious for when I do pick one up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:25:43 AM by Aaryana »

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Found White Celestia, but they all have paint issues? *need advice*
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
You can use pastel over it to lighten it.  Most likely they are using the darker body and painting over it to make the white ones, but it is the same as it has always been.  They are a cheap toy meant to sell for a cheap price and be grown out of before the child is old enough to realize it is a cheap toy.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
For the paint on her body where it shouldn't be - most acetone should remove that. As for the blush again acetone will work but you will need to blot the blush not wipe the blush - and be very very careful as acetone will remove the blush completely. Also once you have blot the acetone on use a tissue to blot the remains back off so that it cant keep working.

And as Diamond says unfortunately you do get what you pay for and MLP in its current gen is a cheap, budget toy - its not sold at expensive prices, therefore it does lack in finish and in quality.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »
I love the blush! I do agree, however, that the quality is MEH. I trudged through 12 sets of Celestias and none of them had an OK symbol. The center of the sun is mis-aligned or the pain is splotchy, or the eyelashes aren't painted properly. Good thing I ordered a set from Malaysia before Xmas and she's perfect!!! Thanks raM for those meticulous eyes!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 05:23:34 PM »
That's such a shame. I probably won't pick her up then...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:35:30 PM »
I've noticed that acetone also melts the plastic on G4s... I think nail polish remover would be weak enough. The problem is that it doesn't get the paint as well that way.

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »
Thanks! I'll keep those in mind!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
I love the blush! I do agree, however, that the quality is MEH. I trudged through 12 sets of Celestias and none of them had an OK symbol. The center of the sun is mis-aligned or the pain is splotchy, or the eyelashes aren't painted properly. Good thing I ordered a set from Malaysia before Xmas and she's perfect!!! Thanks raM for those meticulous eyes!!!
Ah, so the Celestia set had arrived over there, huh?

Have all the packages I sent arrived?

And well, I actually took the trouble to pick out a set that isn't damaged for you. So yeah :P

And well, I love the blush too...
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »
I have a question... Is White Celestia actually WHITE or is she like Nightmare Moon and the plastic is painted over?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 01:07:12 AM »
After this i need to go home and look at mine! xD i didn't evan think about it in the store i was just so happy to see some new ponies. :p

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 03:58:08 AM »
I have a question... Is White Celestia actually WHITE or is she like Nightmare Moon and the plastic is painted over?

Seriously?! Good grief Hasbro, I'm not far wrong when I think that I might as well be making customs of the ponies I want rather than buying! :(

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 06:14:13 AM »

Seriously?! Good grief Hasbro, I'm not far wrong when I think that I might as well be making customs of the ponies I want rather than buying! :(
Well I -am- hoping Celestia is actually white, I don't have one to tell, only asking since that is what they did to NMM (because hur dur, they don't want to make black plastic for her). I would think because they have white for other ponies they would do white but who knows... That's why I need someone to confirm for me (might need to ask on the other thread that's about her but will wait here)

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 07:17:10 AM »
I just got my white Celestia, and mine has no issues. And she isn't painted white over pink, she's made of white plastic. The 3 others I checked over in the toy store seemed to be flawless too - the quality must differ by batch. The Pinkie Pie that came with her has some light scratches across the paint on her cutie mark though.

ETA: Is Nightmare Moon really just painted black?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:24:50 AM by Saiko »
:heart:

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
Wait, if NMM is just a paint job, then there's no point in me chasing her anyway! Might as well get a custom.

It's sad that the quality is lowering, I was tempted to shoot my pink Celestia brushable off to be customised but as she's very nicely finished I don't think I want to, in case I can't fine a white Celestia replacement who is actually decent.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 10:43:39 AM »
let me double check, I have NMM but didn't take a good look at her and I'm going by what a friend told me. I can tell you though she is not a true black... more of a purple tone black. But until I can get better look I'm not 100% sure any more (though I can tell you from glancing at what I could see of her neck plug, that is actually white)

Edit: Now I'm unsure... I don't want to try to take acetone to her and I don't really want to try and take her head off... but judging by her plastic (which has what I guess must be heat damage as it has the same problems that a G4 Pinkie pie I had when I dyed her) she could possibly be dyed... but again I can't be sure without fully removing the head which is a choir itself... but like I said, I'm positive she isn't a true black x:

EDIT: Ok I was wrong, NMM isn't painted the color she is but she still isn't black xD She's actually a purple so sorry for making everyone worry about that
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:09:32 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal