collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Oddly satisfying pony things?  (Read 1550 times)

Offline SweetNightmare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*uᴥu *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*
    • View Profile
    • My Carrd.co
Re: Oddly satisfying pony things?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2022, 12:17:59 PM »
My top favourite thing about cleaning ponies is definitely putting the conditioner on it and brushing it out till it's nice and smooth. Also playing with it once it's all dry.
Getting rid off all the dust\stains is really nice too. I used to clean half of the pony's face to see the difference.

When arranging the ponies I love to see them arranged by rainbow order and by pose. Also seeing lot's of rows of ponies, I really love those photos of ponies where they just stand in rows on the floor and the angle of the photo makes it look like there's just an infinite amount of ponies.
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚visitors can't see pics , please register or login
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

My Checklist || My Wishlist || My Carrd.co
Signature by  starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
I guess the whole thing is odd in a way, so anything goes! I love all of it. I just heard that my swap partner got her ponies so that's very satisfying. Looking at the ones she sent me. Cleaning ponies, customs, chatting, matching up accessories. I guess oddly satisfying is popping off a stubborn head and removing a rusty tail washer. Finding out that a brown spot is just a speck of something and not pony cancer. Or once, I bought a Glory that i thought had a tail cut, then I found out that the tail was somehow just bunched up inside the pony and once I had freed the head and freed the tail, she was quite a nice pony. I guess always satisfying when a pony turns out better than you'd think. I just thought of something else: matching G3 ponies with LPS:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 02:58:58 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2022, 07:29:02 AM »
@SunPony : Thank you ! :D
@stjarne : Here's my method of straightening pony hair :

- Wash your pony as usual, under warm water. I use shampoo for their hair, but that's just my thing. It's just nylon after all.
- Comb the hair thoroughly whilst foamy and wet. Work your way from the tips all the way to the plugs. Don't leave knots. (Optionally use conditionner)
- Keep the hair wet and foamy from the shampoo and get a hair-straightener on the lowest setting.
- Pick the smallest strand of hair possible (I go roughly for about half a plug worth of hair, but the smaller the better) and pass it through the straightener. Make multiple passes if needed, but be careful not to melt the hair, you should be keeping the straightener moving.
- Repeat for every hair. Keep the hair wet ! Adjust the temperature of the straightener if need be, but of course be careful no to melt the hair.
- When done, rince the hair thoroughly to remove the products, then style how you like.

^ This is the method I used for my ponies. It is advised to use conditioner or fabric softener in the place of shampoo for the unfrizzing, but it goes to show that you don't have to buy some just for restoring pony hair.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2022, 10:40:46 AM »
it goes to show that you don't have to buy some just for restoring pony hair.

I agree, I just use leftover conditioner becasue I find it often hangs around too long anyway. I use the shampoo up quicker and then eventually I realise the conditioner has been open too long but don't know what to do with it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline stjarne

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
@SunPony : Thank you ! :D
@stjarne : Here's my method of straightening pony hair :

- Wash your pony as usual, under warm water. I use shampoo for their hair, but that's just my thing. It's just nylon after all.
- Comb the hair thoroughly whilst foamy and wet. Work your way from the tips all the way to the plugs. Don't leave knots. (Optionally use conditionner)
- Keep the hair wet and foamy from the shampoo and get a hair-straightener on the lowest setting.
- Pick the smallest strand of hair possible (I go roughly for about half a plug worth of hair, but the smaller the better) and pass it through the straightener. Make multiple passes if needed, but be careful not to melt the hair, you should be keeping the straightener moving.
- Repeat for every hair. Keep the hair wet ! Adjust the temperature of the straightener if need be, but of course be careful no to melt the hair.
- When done, rince the hair thoroughly to remove the products, then style how you like.

^ This is the method I used for my ponies. It is advised to use conditioner or fabric softener in the place of shampoo for the unfrizzing, but it goes to show that you don't have to buy some just for restoring pony hair.

ooh, i see. never really used any hair tools before (i almost never style my own hair, lol) but maybe i'll splurge one of these days and try it out. have you found fabric softener to make much a difference from regular conditioner? :blink: i think i'll have to try a few different techniques to find what really works for my ponies

I guess the whole thing is odd in a way, so anything goes! I love all of it. I just heard that my swap partner got her ponies so that's very satisfying. Looking at the ones she sent me. Cleaning ponies, customs, chatting, matching up accessories. I guess oddly satisfying is popping off a stubborn head and removing a rusty tail washer. Finding out that a brown spot is just a speck of something and not pony cancer. Or once, I bought a Glory that i thought had a tail cut, then I found out that the tail was somehow just bunched up inside the pony and once I had freed the head and freed the tail, she was quite a nice pony. I guess always satisfying when a pony turns out better than you'd think. I just thought of something else: matching G3 ponies with LPS:

i have my own LPS/pony picture as well! jolly lolly with a teensy penguin :heart: i got a similar sense of satisfaction seeing the two together lol

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:04:14 AM by stjarne »
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2022, 01:07:16 AM »
have you found fabric softener to make much a difference from regular conditioner? :blink: i think i'll have to try a few different techniques to find what really works for my ponies

I don't have much experience with either of those products, but I remember soaking very dry hair in fabric softener for a few days (I forgot a bit about them, lol) and their became as good as new. They were very dry because I had soaked the hair in acid to remove rust. I'm glad the state of their hair was reversible because they were so dry that they had become more dull, white-ish. They got their vibrant color back with the softener.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 10:59:16 AM »
Using a straigtener on frizzy hair or messy tinsel and seeing what a difference it makes.

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline lunchpunk

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 01:36:36 PM »
honestly half of it for me is just seeing the changes a simple oxiclean bath can make!!!  also yeah ok it's gross but it's such a relief to be able to take a rusty washer out and clean some of these ponies that have been needing some tlc for like, decades, it's a lot of work but it's SO worth it in the end <3  :lovey:
he/they pronouns please :) :awake:

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2022, 12:06:46 PM »

i have my own LPS/pony picture as well! jolly lolly with a teensy penguin :heart: i got a similar sense of satisfaction seeing the two together lol

Ooh that's adorable! Great pic! I didn't know they came in such a small size...

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2022, 01:50:29 AM »
Unboxing ponymail and smelling the pony who then smells nice. Then, squish their body and they are slightly squishy and perfect.

Also, finding a pony you have been wanting forever.

Also, completing a set.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Heelys

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2022, 06:35:18 AM »
One of my friends got his first G3 at a flea market the other day, and I was reminded of the pure, simple joy of discovering what the hoof magnet can stick to. He didn't even know that's what it was until I pointed out he was displaying the pony on top of a CRT and it might cause some mechanical problems.

He sent me this photo in pure awe.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline stjarne

• Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2022, 10:44:50 AM »
One of my friends got his first G3 at a flea market the other day, and I was reminded of the pure, simple joy of discovering what the hoof magnet can stick to. He didn't even know that's what it was until I pointed out he was displaying the pony on top of a CRT and it might cause some mechanical problems.

He sent me this photo in pure awe.

this just gave me the idea of displaying ponies like this.. lol i wonder if anyones already tried that with their displays? probably

also, another satisfying pony thing: when you're packing up ponies for moving & they're all in their own little ziplock container.. just knowing they're in their own little bubble for now, not getting their hair tangled up in each others & safe from dust particles. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:02:21 PM by stjarne »
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2022, 07:33:28 PM »
Cleaning up ponies and conditioning that old hair.

Rehairing ponies. I'm constantly looking at the hair and fiddling with it while I'm adding it to the ponies. And then washing and styling it.

Adding new ponies to your herd.

Displaying themed ponies for specific times of the year.

Offline Funky-Little-Equines

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • My pony tumblr
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2022, 03:09:04 PM »
Honestly, finding any ponies near where I live when I go hunting (or just charity-shopping) is such a rare occasion that seeing one when digging through donation buckets or browsing the shelves is such a good feeling-especially if I find more than one!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2022, 04:52:05 AM »
Cleaning up ponies and conditioning that old hair.

Rehairing ponies. I'm constantly looking at the hair and fiddling with it while I'm adding it to the ponies. And then washing and styling it.

Adding new ponies to your herd.

Displaying themed ponies for specific times of the year.
That last one, YEP!!! Just setting up a building & putting apt Ponies in it!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal