collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 124262 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1875 on: June 09, 2024, 09:18:03 AM »
that's awful Ponyfan. i hope your head is ok PBW!

my complaint today is i'm tired. hoping to take it easy today.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 09, 2024, 04:13:27 PM »
I think I have Covid. I’ve tested like 5 times and they all have come back negative, but I have the exact same symptoms as my parents and they both tested positive so idk. I find it impossible to believe that I somehow have just a cold when I’ve been obviously exposed, so I’m playing it safe and staying in. We just got back from Disneyland a few days ago though….so I feel bad if we accidentally exposed anyone there!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 10, 2024, 06:43:20 AM »
aww hope you are feeling better Minty_Magic
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 10, 2024, 06:43:56 AM »
i hope you feel better soon Minty_Magic :hug:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1879 on: June 10, 2024, 12:22:41 PM »
Feel better soon, MM!

My coffee burn is starting to peel. It's really itchy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 10, 2024, 12:36:12 PM »
i got some chewing gum and it turns out i don't think i like chewing gum anymore :huh:

i seriously feel like i'm about to lose my mind with everything. i think i just need to cry but i don't want to. i get seriously tired of trying to hold it together for everyone else's sake. i probably need to get out of the house because being cooped up and stressed out isn't working for me  :yikes:

update: i cried for a while and hugged my dog. i feel better now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 05:12:06 PM by Beth3346 »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1881 on: June 10, 2024, 11:15:13 PM »
I'm sorry Beth :( :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 11, 2024, 06:47:00 AM »
*sends magical ponies to brush and distract Beth*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 11, 2024, 03:24:20 PM »
MM, I hope you feel better soon.

Beth, huge hugs for you. :hug: :hug:  I feel like that a lot.  If I start to cry my dad gets upset.  If my mom and I get in to it, he gets upset.  Sometimes I just want to lock myself away and let it all out. 

My dad is driving me crazy.   :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:  I'm sure he'd argue with a signpost and then wonder why he got lost.  This morning he wanted a certain movie. I told him that we used to have it on VHS, but I didn't think we had it anymore. Then he said he'd "just order it from Ebay."  I guess he thinks Ebay is better because the prices are cheap on DVDs. 

After that he started listing movies we have "bad copies" of even though he bought those from a store/website.  He's convinced there are better quality copies of some of them even though I saw at least one of the same copies he bought at the store.  It seems like nothing is ever good enough because there's always a "better copy" or something wrong with the item he wanted.

I think I'm getting a bit depressed again. I've been sad all day.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 12, 2024, 06:04:37 AM »
thanks everyone :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ponyfan, my dad has weird ideas about stuff too. especially around updating stuff he learned back in the 70s or whatever. like if he bought something back in the 70s and it had an issue he assumes it's still terrible. like he wouldn't get a car with a sunroof because back in the day he had one or knew someone who had one that leaked. you don't think they've improved in the last 50 years?

same with computer stuff. he still expects everything to be the same as it was when he first learned it. or before he retired. i also swear he low key thinks i'm just shilling for big tech and he doesn't always trust what i tell him about computers. but if a tech reporter in the NYTimes says it it's gospel. so he trusts the people who have been pretty convincingly proven to give favorable coverage in exchange for access to tech CEOs are more trustworthy than your daughter. :huh: sure.

my dad is usually fine but when he's stressed out he's really difficult to be around. my mom used to handle stuff like insurance but she can't now that she's sick. it's crazy the stuff my dad didn't have a clue about even though we went through 2 floods and caused a ton of damage and dealt with insurance claims and a FEMA buyout. he thought the insurance company handled the repairs. my mom and I both told him that we hired a contractor to do the repairs and used the insurance payout to pay for it. i'm not sure if he just forgot or was busy working so he just didn't pay attention to how stuff got done.

i'm also feeling really down. before all of this stuff with my MIL passing and my parent's house i was doing well. getting stuff done. now i feel like a drained battery.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1885 on: June 12, 2024, 02:18:25 PM »
I've been missing my dad a lot lately with all the Father's Day stuff.

I have all this chicken... I only wanted a small package of chicken breast tenders by Perdue, but my shopper substituted it for a huge package of Walmart tenders. I used what I wanted to make quesadillas and put the rest in the freezer. I wanted quesadillas again, so I put it in the fridge to thaw and there's... just so much! I'm baking it right now. I'm going to have to freeze some again after it's cooked and prepared, but I guess that's kind of convenient? Having cooked and shredded chicken ready to go?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 12, 2024, 07:24:57 PM »
Beth, your dad sounds a lot like mine.   My dad is always complaining that "apps on your phone steal your info" but then he goes to any website that pops up and has something cheap and orders off it even though I've told him he needs to stick to well known websites.  He also thinks "if it's on the Internet, it must be true."  That can lead to some pretty crazy theories.

Our cable and Internet went out for about 10 minutes this afternoon.  I felt like I was living with 2 5 year olds. My parents acted like they couldn't stand to not have the TV on/be watching something.

I'm having a bad anxiety attack.

Hugs, BC. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 14, 2024, 07:18:55 AM »
Since Oreo released the Pokemon Oreos I've been making molds of the fun designs on their cookies in order to make resin versions.  I have the full Pokemon set and the full Mario set.  Since the Star Wars cookies just dropped, I bought six packages of them yesterday.  The Star Wars cookies have 20 designs, 10 Light side and 10 Dark side, available in separate sets of cookies.  But you don't know if you got Light side (blue cream) or Dark side (red cream) until you open them.

All six of my packages were blue.   >_<

My friend has a package of red she's going to trade me and I'm going to look over the packages and see if there's a serial number or something that will reveal what kind is inside.  That will be helpful information for me in case I don't get all of the designs or good enough cookies to make molds from.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1888 on: June 14, 2024, 09:03:44 AM »
I've been taking prednisone for a few weeks now. I feel sort of normal, physically. All my swelling and inflammation is gone. Both my legs and feet are the correct size. All the pain I'm in on a daily basis is gone. My lower back still hurts, but it's a dull throb and tolerable. I haven't had many headaches. Even my heart feels better. I only have four days left of the medicine.

I feel bad because I haven't used this pain-free time to get much done. Usually, I'd start the day with plans to do things that need to be done in the house, but my pain and discomfort keep me from doing them. Here I've had at least 3 weeks to do things and I've done very little. I've spent most of the time sleeping. There's been other things going on; being out of two meds, stress from my situation, etc. That influenced the sleeping for sure.

I'm also dreading when the prednisone is gone, and going back to my horrible existence of never ending pain, swelling, skin problems and everything else wrong with me.

I'm going to try and do something today. Maybe I'll go through the craft closet and pull things out to sell. Or the linen closet and vacuum seal the items I never use.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1889 on: June 14, 2024, 03:28:11 PM »
:hug: to everyone.

I'm sick of the election. I mean, I'm glad we're having one, but it also means lots of politicians being openly hostile to each other...which I don't really enjoy on my news feed every single day.

Also, if I have to see Farage's gloopy face on one more news story I may scream.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal