collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guidance on Styling a Rarity Wig? (EVA foam support?)  (Read 1697 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Guidance on Styling a Rarity Wig? (EVA foam support?)
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »
So I'm working on my first wig requiring significant styling for a Rarity cosplay for the fair. I've been reading and watching lots of tutorials, but am not 100% sure how to do her front hair curl, since for large curls, most tutorials look at spiral vertical curls. I'm wondering if I need to create a foam support? Would a material like worbla foam would be able to be shaped like her curl and support a hair coating? I've never worked with materials that are used to make armor and have no idea of different materials capabilities.

I have styled little bushables, but don't think a straw and boil method would work on this scale. :lol: Any guidance with Rarity wigs at all?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Online Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Guidance on Styling a Rarity Wig? (EVA foam support?)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
What a tough question, lol! I have only ever styled regular sized ponies but I suppose you're going to need some sort of supporting structure if you're aiming for accurate style, floral wire or something if not foam. At least you might have to use some product to make the hair stiff, like hair glue or something.

Sorry, I wish I could help you more - hope we have someone with more experience who can offer you better advice!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal