collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 58306 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1005 on: August 22, 2023, 10:00:06 AM »
I had such a bad night :( I got so sick on top of this pain in my spine. At one point the pain was so severe I thought about going to the ER.

I'm feeling a little better now. My psychiatrist said we could up the pain meds, so I took two which equals 100mg. That worked a lot better. It cut the majority of the spinal pain but the section on the bottom right, where I initially hurt myself, is still there. It's manageable.

I'm still going to take it easy and not move anymore stuff until it feels better.

It's funny (not in a haha way), but when I was looking up spine injuries everywhere kept saying that if you have numbness, tingling or pain in your legs it's an emergency. I've had those things for years. Too bad my insurance won't approve an MRI.

So today I do need to clean up the kitchen, but I'll take it slow. I also want to start work on my Halloween swap pony :) I'm very excited about it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 22, 2023, 05:46:33 PM »
HoM for some reason I mistook you for BC and thought what is she gonna do with firewood in Florida? :brow: Good job! I don't miss those day with stacking firewood, and at the end sacks of pellets when we got a pelletburner instead.

Maybe BC could light a bonfire on the beach at dusk and roast marshmallows, for example?  :good:

Even though it's heavy with firewood, I still like that chore (my mother doesn't like it). :lol: But we got them for a good price and our woodshed started to be pretty empty. Last winter we were already running low on firewood, and they were not of very good quality (really old, in poor condition). We used more electricity for heating because of that. Now this winter things are better and we can heat the fireplaces and at the same time save a little more electricity.  :)

Bakana is dry!!! And clean!!! And so soft & snuggly!!! I used sea-scented fabric conditioner & gave her a gentle groom so her fluffy denticles got fluffed up & smoothed out. I can't let her go so I overslept last night & now she's under my arm!!!
And yet I need to keep at the knitting & crochet...
It's great to hear that Bakana was able to receive pampering treatment!  :lovey: It sure looks, feels and smells wonderful!  :)

I had such a bad night :( I got so sick on top of this pain in my spine. At one point the pain was so severe I thought about going to the ER.

I'm feeling a little better now. My psychiatrist said we could up the pain meds, so I took two which equals 100mg. That worked a lot better. It cut the majority of the spinal pain but the section on the bottom right, where I initially hurt myself, is still there. It's manageable..
Oh BC, I hope your back pain eases up soon and you can get on with your chores better! :hug: :heart:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1007 on: August 22, 2023, 10:21:02 PM »
Fires aren't allowed on the beaches here. Neither is alcohol. I think they're good rules :)

Thank you :hug: I am feeling a little better. I slept for a while. It's 1am and I decided to get up. I don't have anything to do tomorrow except a Zoom meeting with my therapist in the afternoon.

Thursday is my mom's birthday and I have to go visit her, even if my back is still bad. I want to.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 23, 2023, 10:37:23 AM »
I made it to coffee!!! My support worker didn't, but she saw me later in the day.

Meanwhile I ordered a few small things online as I'm arranging a large purchase so don't want to go too far with that
Also MORE knitting & crochet stuff!!! It's so easy to start things off but finishing??? Oh boy...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 23, 2023, 04:33:23 PM »
Fires aren't allowed on the beaches here. Neither is alcohol. I think they're good rules :)

Thank you :hug: I am feeling a little better. I slept for a while. It's 1am and I decided to get up. I don't have anything to do tomorrow except a Zoom meeting with my therapist in the afternoon.

Thursday is my mom's birthday and I have to go visit her, even if my back is still bad. I want to.

Oh, I didn't know that making fires is not allowed on the beaches.. is it because of the hot dry summer or why? It may be that it is also prohibited on the shores of Finland unless there is a place/fireplace intended for it. :wonder:
That alcohol ban is a really good thing!  :nod:

I'm glad you're feeling a little better! I hope you get to visit your mom on her birthday! :hug:

---
Wednesday was a lazy day.. Well, I did the laundry by hand and with the washing machine.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1010 on: August 23, 2023, 07:24:36 PM »
As long as I've gone to beaches, both up north and down here, you can't make a fire. I'm not sure why. Other than it could be dangerous if it got windy and the embers fell into the beach grass.

edit: Today is my mom's birthday and I'm planning on visiting her. My back still hurts and I didn't sleep well at all. But I have to go, it's the least I can do. Besides, I bought her some stuff and made a card and party hats :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 06:24:59 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 24, 2023, 11:25:50 PM »
HOM we need lazy days sometimes xxx
BC here's hoping you get to your mother & have a fun time for her birthday xxx
Beldarna glad it went well with your grand-dad xxx

One of the small things arrived & I love it!!! Also knitting, but mostly crochet. I know people have made little straps for carrying their plushies around so I'm crocheting a sharky-harness. I'm currently working on the bit which goes on Bakana & have her dorsal part done & currently on one pectoral side. Then I have to cross over the back of the dorsal part, do the other pectoral side, & finally add the straps to hook on me. I figured crocheting it was better as it makes a more durable fabric
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1012 on: August 25, 2023, 04:27:55 AM »
I had fun with my mom yesterday :) She liked all of her gifts. The activities director gave her balloons.

Today I don't know how much I'll accomplish. I didn't sleep. Well maybe I got like 2 hours. My bed is just so uncomfortable and I need to wash my blanket. What I'd like to do today is clean the kitchen, it's a mess. Then spend the day on custom ponies. I have five in my queue. Two are overdo commissions, one is my swap pony, one a personal pony and one is a gift.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1013 on: August 25, 2023, 06:06:31 AM »
BC, i'm glad your mom had a good birthday :)
PBW i can't wait to see photos of Bakana once her sharky-harness is done

Today i'm mostly working. lots of calls i'm sure. I also need to get groceries. I'm just not motivated to cook when it's so hot. it's still in the 100s F every day and the AC just can't keep up. especially if i add heat from cooking. i really don't understand how people can grill when it's super hot. but in Texas that's definitely a thing. i would pass out.

i'm also planning my fall and Halloween decorations for next month but the weather isn't making me feel ready for the Fall season.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1014 on: August 25, 2023, 06:47:46 AM »
Oh, I love a good fire on the beach, alcohol not so much. We usually go camping on a beach every summer and sitting by the fire infront of the tent and grilling hot dogs is a must. the weather has not permitting the camping this year.

We watched Ahsoka the other day. Turned out the entire thing is like a new season of the Rebels and I don't remember much of that show, so yesterday and today I've been bingewatching the Rebels. I'm in the middle of the second season and figured I needed a break.

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 25, 2023, 07:49:35 AM »
i'm playing exalted (another ttrpg like d&d) with some friends later, but i'm heading over early to make a blackberry pie for everyone! 🖤

i also kinda feel like painting my nails before then

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 25, 2023, 03:08:09 PM »
I had fun with my mom yesterday :) She liked all of her gifts. The activities director gave her balloons.

Great to hear that you were able to visit your mother and celebrate her birthday!  :happy:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 25, 2023, 08:42:15 PM »
It was a crazy busy day at work. I’ve just been chilling since I got home.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1018 on: August 26, 2023, 03:09:05 AM »
We have a farmers market and an international food fair in town today. I went to both and came home with smoked whitefish, sami bread and chantarells from the farmers market and some Italian pastries and swedish market candy, like these fruitflavored soured stripes. Delicious. And some other stuff. The food fair is a thing that toures around Europe and its so many nationalities where you can try different cuisines. I was not hungry for food though. I passed up on the Swiss cheese because of language barriers. But I did taste a sample of their Gruyere and it was amazing.

This evening we're gonna go to a birthday party themed Victorian Goth. I'm a metalhead but did manage to find an outfit that can pass for goth without having to buy anything which felt good. I don't know anyone there, but it feels good to dress up for once and use some make up :). My phone's gonna be fully loaded and packed with games and whatnot to do. My husband is gonna photograph the event as a gift for the birthday boy who has turned 40. We're getting old.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1019 on: August 26, 2023, 02:19:50 PM »
I put my bed together last night :freak: and I've been sleeping on and off all day. My mattress is sooooooo much better now.

Today, even though I'm super sore from last night, I cleaned the kitchen really well and picked up the living room. I was going to do laundry but I didn't feel like it so that's tomorrow's chore.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal