collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where can I buy unicorn horns for G3 ponies?  (Read 403 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Where can I buy unicorn horns for G3 ponies?
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
Would model horse (Breyer/Stone,ect) work on a MLP - I know MH$P people list resin horns for plastic/resin horses. Or Should I find some bait bodies and um borrow the horns from them?

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I buy unicorn horns for G3 ponies?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
If you found a model unicorn that you like it's horn I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a mold and cast a resin horn from it without damaging the original model unicorn.  That way you can remake the mold if it gets old or damaged too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »
I think most people just sculpt theirs from clay/apoxie. Did you try looking on Etsy for pre-made horns?

Offline Ligress

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »
Not pony horns but if you like any horns that can be used for ponies I'd say try Loren's page
http://www.plastic-curves.com/fashion-doll-scale/mh-body-parts/horns.html?p=2
 theres other horns on page one as well but not unicorn
http://www.plastic-curves.com/fashion-doll-scale/mh-body-parts/horns.html?p=1
I haven't actually used them so I can't give you size compares, maybe someone else here has?

Most people do sculpt them, I can't recall any one persons tutorial though sorry :D
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

Plastic Curves

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
I do have customers that have used them for ponies. I would suggest the small unicorn horns if you want something cute. http://www.plastic-curves.com/fashion-doll-scale/mh-body-parts/horns/unicorn-horn-small.html

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 07:13:45 AM »
I know a member here made wonderful pony horns... I think it was princessFirefly

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
I know a member here made wonderful pony horns... I think it was princessFirefly

Yep and she also make stockings and things like that for ponies.  She was one of my pony pals here and we kept in touch through email outside of here.  She quit coming here, because people were being really rude and mean to her on the mlp forum where members would yell at each other.  I'm not sure if you guys know what I'm talking about.  It's like the anti version of this forum.  Anyway, members from here were being really hateful towards her for what I heard was no reason so she stopped coming.  It's sad. :(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:55:56 PM by Majesty »

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 06:03:55 AM »

Yep and she also make stockings and things like that for ponies.  She was one of my pony pals here and we kept in touch through email outside of here.  She quit coming here, because people were being really rude and mean to her on the mlp forum where members would yell at each other.  I'm not sure if you guys know what I'm talking about.  It's like the anti version of this forum.  Anyway, members from here were being really hateful towards her for what I heard was no reason so she stopped coming.  It's sad. :(

I didn't now that...that's really sad...I don't understand that some people are rude to others...

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »

:shocked: whaa? you're right. this is the opposite of that. I mean I almost apologize for anything at all for fear of it coming off as rude!

hope you find some cute unicorn horns to use!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal