collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which pony best fits the assignment?

Sarahlacewing
8 (11.4%)
Gotbunny
13 (18.6%)
Ambar_Jul
16 (22.9%)
Saja
8 (11.4%)
assassin_kitty
12 (17.1%)
tsukikakushi
9 (12.9%)
Kalavista
4 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: September 23, 2012, 07:12:20 PM

Author Topic: TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 4- VOTING NOW- TWO DAYS ONLY!!  (Read 1353 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 4- VOTING NOW- TWO DAYS ONLY!!
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
This is it folks!! This time we are voting for elimination!! In the event of a tie, the votes from round one will be used as a tie-breaker :)

"Sew Much Fun!"
   With the crispy fall weather soon approaching, our ponies are feeling a bit chilly being nekkid. :P It's time to give them some new clothes!! Your assignment is- SEWING! You can use this any way you choose, as long as something is sewn on the ponies. You can make clothes or you can literally sew on your ponies (see Steff's twisted fairytale ponies for examples) :) Have fun!!

CONTESTANTS-
Sarahlacewing-
Gotbunny
Ambar_Jul
Saja
assassin_kitty
tsukikakushi
Kalavista

SARAHLACEWING-
Stitched by Sarahlacewing (get it... cause I stitched it *dorky laugh*)

My inspiration for this custom was my grandmothers.  My grandfather passed away last year and my grandmother has been having a really hard time with it.  I’ve been looking after her, but she talks a lot bitter sweetly about her memories.  My Mammaw (other grandma) is in the hospital with congestive heart failure.  One of the things I learned from both of them was how to sew.  Whenever I see a quilt or a quilting patch I think of them.  So I wanted the cutie mark of this pony to be a quilt patch of sorts to represent them and the memories we have together.  The dress and arm pieces were hand stitched and laced with elastic so it could be removed more easily.  I did gathers at the waistline and added some tool to give that under lace. The little black shoes are made out of patches and held together with fabric glue. Thank you for looking!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SAJA-
This is Snow Princess, she is a young flower lover, with her flower inspired cutie marks, and her gradeient dyed hair. She lives in Antarctica and its very cold there! Always snowing, So she needs to be rugged up to go out. This outfit is for a 21st party, she is wearing a black leather skirt, a chenile roll neck jumper, and her silver lined fur wrap and hood to get her to the party nice an snug. The Fur Wrap when she isnt wearing it, also doubles as a blanket to sit on if the ground is cold. She is standing on the silver side in 3 of the photos.

AMBAR_JUL-

Let me introduce you...to Carmen, one catrina, based in the traditional mexican folklore. For Mexico, this figure comes in the years of the Porfiriato as a joke and in the same time a critique to the wealthy upper class
I decided to sew her a pink dress that is completely removable, also her hat. I don´t know the fabric name (i have her stored) also used pink and black lace, pink ribbon in two sizes and much yarn because I was wrong many times. it is a simple two-piece dress, skirt is separated from the top and haven´t much details, i must to tell that i would love to make something more complicated but sew is not my thing, even when i tried very hard. The details on the hat are not sewn, just used hot glue

ASSASSIN_KITTY-

Meet Grace O'Malley the Pirate Queen! I really wanted to make something frilly and ruffly for this challenge but I have made Steampunk/ lolita/ corset ponies before and wanted to do something new so i decided it was time to make a pirate! to stay true to the sewing challenge she has been rehaired with wool hair ( it's actually the very same wool that I rehaired my first ever customs with) The only parts of her outfit that I didn't sew are her little peg leg, parrot and skull & cross bones earring.

GOTBUNNY-
Gypsy Dancer  travels the country with her caravan entertaining many with her upbeat music and high step.  Flash of her smile warms the coldest of hearts and her music tames the wildest as if...... by magic.
Her outfit, each piece hand sown, consists of a white, off the shoulder, midriff blouse, white lace cut off platoons, drop-waist layered paisley skirt in blues, purples and golds .Her yellow vest is trimmed with dark yellow tread,gold bead accented and tied in the back with brown cord. Encircling her waist is a belt of gold rings  along with light blue scarve. Her necklace, taillace, earrings, bracelet, and belt are all hand made. Gypsy Dancer's symbol is a tambourine that was cut out and hand stitched on both sides. She started out as sundae best pony that was rehaired with raven and hemitite.

TSUKIKAKUSHI-
Digging through my bait box for this one, I came across a random pony head O_o After wondering how in the world I ended up with a head & no body, I finally came up with this girl. She's my first plush with jointed limbs, and I must say she is super cute in person! Her name is Irish Gaelic for 'plush', 'cause I'm super original with names & all.

KALAVISTA-

I made the dress and the veil attached to the hat :)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:44:19 PM by enchantress41580 »

Offline gotbunny

• Trade Count: (+187)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bunnies RULE!!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sleepyhollowrabbitry.com/gotbunny
Re: TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 4- VOTING NOW- TWO DAYS ONLY!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »
Nice job ponies!!!! They are looking great! Now on to the voting, hummmmm who to choose... decisions decisions.....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:57:23 PM by gotbunny »
Let your imagination run wild

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
urgh, my computer hiccuped- fixing now, sorry about that!!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
Theyre awesome, Cant wait to see Ambars!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
TSUKIKAKUSHI you are so inventive! That is one of the most original customs I think I've ever seen! You did an excellent job.

Also, I know you guys were really looking forward to an elimination round and I am terribly sorry to disappoint you, but this will be my last entry for this contest. Good luck to everyone who continues on and keep these gorgeous customs coming. I'll be watching and voting from the sidelines from here on out!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:42:58 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
Oh why Sarah? I love seeing your entries!!
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
Thanks Saja! If I am able I'll play along at home with only the themes I like.  :ninja: ha ha!

Ps do you have a hair dying tutorial that gradient is flawless.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
Thats a shame!!
Thanks! Nah no tutorial sorry. Its just trial an error for me! I just use a little sprinkle of dye powder in boiling water, wet the hair first, then dip quick then wash out, for the lighter bits and then hold in longer for the darker bits, then set in vinegar, then wash it a dozen times with normal shampoo an conditioner, an then use it!!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:02:02 PM »
Thats a shame!!
Thanks! Nah no tutorial sorry. Its just trial an error for me! I just use a little sprinkle of dye powder in boiling water, wet the hair first, then dip quick then wash out, for the lighter bits and then hold in longer for the darker bits, then set in vinegar, then wash it a dozen times with normal shampoo an conditioner, an then use it!!

Vinegar? Maybe that's where I go wrong, I feel like my colors blanch as they set. (haven't tried hair yet though) Does the vinegar help hold in the color?

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
Its supposed to! Ive not had any issues, have never done it any other way. But I only use alittle bit of water too. Just enough to cover the hair, if you use too much water and not enough dye powder it wouldnt be as strong either.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »
I am so doing this. Watch out hair. I am comin for you. Wa ha ha ha! Sleep time, night Saja!

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
owwww what happened to Carmen?
no problem, here she is

Sarahlacewing owww doll, we all miss you, this entry was definitely one of my favorite from you, love the colors, symbols and the little dress, she is super adorable. i really hope that your  Mammaw relieved
Saja: that girl is gorgeous!!!! the clothes are so soft, causing want to embrace!!! gorgeous symbol and detail, a fav
assassin_kitty: you would say...ups i did it again!!! she is gorgeous in every single detail, the dress is flawless, you took this challenge to another level
Gotbunny: great job on her, the clothes are perfect in every way, i imagine you took a lot of effort and she shows it, beautiful, also the symbol, great idea!!
tsukikakushi: wow just wow you always have great ideas, this isn´t the exception, she is so original and also beautiful
Kala: I hope you feel better sweetie, this girl looks so elegant !! The hat was the perfect touch, fabulous work

All of you make this decision very difficult to take, i think all of you are great customizers, and i love to see your work in every challenge, love you all!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:34:51 PM by ambar_jul »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 09:16:05 PM »
That was so hard to choose!! Well done!!

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 09:31:16 PM »
Sarah Lacewing and Kalavista were my favorites for this. 

Sarah becomes I love the Red and White together. I'm such a sucker for that combination.  The cutie mark was well done and the hair colors curled together! Such a gorgeous pony!

Kalavista's looked Latin American to me. I'm not sure why. It's just something about how it all came together. And I love the veil with the hat.  very elegant. 

I would have voted for Ambar_Jul's because of all the detail in the paint and the cloths, but sadly, I did not see it till after I voted.  The only thing I would change about her pony is I would have liked to see more than one color in the hair. Is there any way to move that picture up with the rest so it gets the attention it deserves?

But none the less I think the one I did vote for was deserving of a vote also and if I could vote for all 3 of the ones mentioned above, I would have.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »
Sarah Lacewing and Kalavista were my favorites for this. 

Sarah becomes I love the Red and White together. I'm such a sucker for that combination.  The cutie mark was well done and the hair colors curled together! Such a gorgeous pony!

Kalavista's looked Latin American to me. I'm not sure why. It's just something about how it all came together. And I love the veil with the hat.  very elegant. 

I would have voted for Ambar_Jul's because of all the detail in the paint and the cloths, but sadly, I did not see it till after I voted.  The only thing I would change about her pony is I would have liked to see more than one color in the hair. Is there any way to move that picture up with the rest so it gets the attention it deserves?

But none the less I think the one I did vote for was deserving of a vote also and if I could vote for all 3 of the ones mentioned above, I would have.

thanks sweety, i´ll send a new link to enchantress right now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal