collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which pony is your favorite?

Kalavista
14 (17.3%)
Sarahlacewing
3 (3.7%)
Assassin_Kitty
9 (11.1%)
Saja
2 (2.5%)
Ambar_Jul
19 (23.5%)
Gotbunny
24 (29.6%)
Tsukikakushi
1 (1.2%)
Sanadaookami
6 (7.4%)
Ice_Gypsy
3 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: August 07, 2012, 09:12:06 PM

Author Topic: TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 1- VOTING NOW- ONE DAY ONLY!!  (Read 2778 times)

Offline enchantress41580

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 1- VOTING NOW- ONE DAY ONLY!!
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:06 PM »
Everyone please feel free to say WHY you voted for your favorite pony and provide CONSTRUCTIVE (NOT mean) pointers as to what others can do to up their game ;) Again, this is not to put anyone down or trash them, just friendly advice only please.

VOTERS- when placing your vote, please keep in mind when looking at each pony- creativity, were they playing it safe?, what could be improved upon?, did they follow the rules?

As a reminder, this was the first assignment-

This is an easy one to start you guys out, you have FREE RANGE to create anything you like, HOWEVER, your custom pony must represent who you are- could be as an artist, friend, mother, show us what you are about. NO PERSONAS.

You may use any generation including fakies. This is your chance to wow everyone with your introduction. Please include a short paragraph as to why this pony reflects you.

You have until AUGUST 6th (MONDAY) at 4pm EST to turn your final picture in to me via PM.

AND NOW THE PONIES!!

1. Kalavista- "My pony is Kala V. She represents me completely! First of all, she's all my favorite colors: pink, white, silver, and black. She features one of my favorite hair blends, DH Blizzard and Starlight. She's got sparkle, swirls, jewelry, the works - everything I love. She's even wearing a Juicy Couture charm necklace, because I'm a total Juicy freak! I thought the earrings were an important touch because I ALWAYS wear earrings - I feel naked without them.
In her photo shoot, Kala V. shows off a new fragrance, created just for pony customizers. It combines the tart scent of acetone and Krazy Glue with the aroma of new hair and that glunky smell of acrylic paint. XD"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2. Sarahlacewing- "Hello everyone who is following the top customizers competition! My name is Sarah (aka Sarahlacewing) and this is my entry for assignment one.  Right away I knew I wanted a G1 baby base.  They are my favorite body mold.  Most of my collection is G1 babies.  I like vintage toys because they remind me of the happy childhood I didn’t really get to have.  Their sweetness and innocence speaks to me.  I like to take ones that are baity beyond hope and give them new life with restoring or customizing.  In our assignment we were to create a pony that expressed ourselves somehow.  I decided on a midnight blue base color because I am such a night owl.  I love the mystery and beauty of the night.  I settled on a paint splatter gradient so I could include all of my favorite colors (black, red and white).  In addition, I have a wild and unpredictable personality so a splatter seemed perfect to portray that aspect of myself.  Probably the most important thing in my life is my two children William (18 months old) and Alexis (still in my belly).  Family is critically important to me.  I love wolves because of their loyalty and devotion to their family groups so I chose two wolf cubs to be her 3d symbol to represent my children and my favorite animal.  This custom was photographed in front of William’s baby book to accentuate that he is the center of my world.  I can’t wait to see all of the other entries.  Thank you for sticking with me through with rather long debut."

3. Assassin_Kitty- "I decided to make a cyber pony as a representation for myself because I used to wear stuff like that all the time, it's why I started making them in the first place. To me they represent fun times with friends, bright happy colours, enjoyable nights out and a generally perky and positive attitude. The symbol of the kawaii bird is to reflect my love of all things cartoony and cute and my last name is bird so that all worked out nicely :D"

4. Saja- "Rainbow jungle girl is a pony who LOVES animals, her family and bright rainbow colours! The animals on this pony are my family, Tiger is me, O/H is black panther, eldest son is a cotton top tamarin, 2nd son is a ring tailed lemur an my daughter is a squirrel glider. Love my little monkeys!"

5. Ambar_Jul- "This custom is based on myself like a person, i can´t do it like an artist because i´m not, i don´t even have the art basics. this girl should have wings, because i´m always dreaming and flying, but not to high (that´s why she has fly wings). I am a little explosive, I tried to represent it with flames on the hooves. hair is white with black because sometimes I am extremist, added some fuses in orange, i don´t know why yet  :P
In a literal way to represent myself, she has my eye color (with some orange highlights) and a traditional craft of my country as a symbol

i hope you like her"

6. Gotbunny- "Who am I? Well to start I was born the year MLP came out  :biggrin:hence the G1 bait used. Being creative is a passion however :blush: shyness takes over on occasion.   I love being an artist, but for the life of me I can't keep clean  :satisfied:. I have paint on about every piece of clothing I own.  My 2 boys are following close behind as they love to join in on any art project I have going. My husband says they are following mommy's footsteps on being  animal lovers also. Any chance of helping mom with bunny chores or showing bunnies they are there helping. Showing bunnies have been part of my life since 1996.If not painting or bunnies, I'm out in the sun playing... reason for the UV hair.. nothing like changing  color (tan not red) with the weather."

7. Tsukikakushi-
'A person is the sum of their experiences in life. Every person, every event in your life, no matter how significant it seems; helps shape you.

I am a daughter, a sister, an individual, a friend, a lover; and so much more. Life is fluid, & so is the soul.'

8. Sanadaookami- "I would like to introduce Dahlia, a very special pony who like me enjoys Lolita and Victorian fashion. She's always dressing her frilly best and loves making and showing off the new things she makes."

9. Ice_Gypsy- "Here is Pintura de musica
I gave her a paintbrush symbol with swirls of paint and music notes because I love music and painting, or art more specifically. The swirls are a pattern i draw often into various things such as the hair on a pony drawing. I used many colors since i do not have a favorite color specifically because i like them all lol. her hair is five darker jewel (sparkly) colors and is rooted in three rows because i like giving ponies a lot of hair. I made her eyes green like mine. I used a unicorn bait because if i were a pony i would want to be a unicorn most of all.

10. Murbella64- "Willamena" Something that defines me as a customizer...Hmmm.  Well, one thing is for sure.  I never keep the customs I make for myself, and this one's not going to break the pattern.  My friend at work has had some horrible luck lately.  A breakup, a brand new car totalled after only having it for 5 days...Yeah, she needs a lucky charm.  She's from Egypt and she wanted something with the Evil eye charm and the hand of Fatima.  She was unclear about the rest so I took my favorite piece of art from ancient times: the Metropolitan Museum's own William the hippo.  I don't disbeleive in lucky charms, in fact I welcome prayers and Saints amulets when I go for a biopsy, but I don't rely on them.  I want her to look at this to remind her that she'd got friends who have her in their thoughts and want her to do well more than anything else.  I like to help my friends and that is part of what I give to everything that I do including customs.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:46:07 PM by enchantress41580 »

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: TOP CUSTOMIZER ROUND 1- VOTING NOW- ONE DAY ONLY!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:22:24 PM »
oh WOW!! so many amazing entries :heart:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
That was TOUGH! Well done!

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »
I was told to give constructive critisizm.  My critique is this.  All of those ponies would look better at my house! lol
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »
LOL that's not constructive criticism!! We want to know how they can improve next go round!

Offline ViciousJupiter

• Trade Count: (+167)
  • OOooOO Shiney!
    • View Profile
    • Vicious Studios
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »
Wow fantastic entries!  Very tough choice for sure.  I'm happy to learn a little more about some of my favorite artists too!  I think this was a great first challenge...I would have had such a hard time trying to portray myself into a pony lol. 

PS:  Ambar I want ur pony she is gorgeous!!!  lol
~Feel free to remind me to leave you feedback!  I'm forgetful!~

Kimmers4Ever

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »
This was a hard vote for me. 

Some of the artists seemed to only skim the surface of who they are, some barely dipped in a toe. I would love to have seen them reach deep into themselves and just show us the nitty gritty. What makes you tick?

Some of the artists did that and it showed in their write ups and even in their ponies.  Their ponies might have looked cluttered, but they had to be to show their souls and what means the most to them. We are complicated critters!  Don't be afraid to show it!

Either way! Good luck all and good job! :D I look forward to the next one.

OH! And Ambar!  You are a true artist. Never let anyone tell you different.  Artist is inside you, not schooling or training. Some of the best artists are self taught.  If you are not an Artist, than I am not an Artist. :) 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:52:42 PM by Kimmers4Ever »

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »
Oh! Well now you tell me.

Um apparently I'm the constructive critisizer now? is that a word? Um...

Honestly, I think all of these did a good job capturing who the person is. Overall the designs are fairly clean and easy to look at. My only really critique would be on some of the eyes, but really that's just a matter of my own personal preference so I don't really consider it a factor.  I mean, eyes are the first thing I notice on a person or a pony. They are all very lovely ponies. I think everyone should be applauded.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 10:01:44 PM »
I have my write ups on each pony- contestants if you would like, I can send your personal one to you.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
Yes please, am curious!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 10:08:19 PM »
I will send to you in a pm, if you wish to have me share with everyone else, let me know and I'll post on here too- so people can also feel comfortable telling us what they like and don't (in a nice way of course). I want to see people giving us their opinions and not all blowing rainbows up everyone's behinds, so to speak ;) I want to know who is your favorite and WHY you feel their pony represented themselves. I want to hear from the people what they would like to see more of from you all and less of ;)

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
I want to know who is your favorite and WHY you feel their pony represented themselves. I want to hear from the people what they would like to see more of from you all and less of ;)

I can tell you that when I saw Ambar_Jul and Kala V I saw them as Ambar_Jul and Kalavista right away.  I couldn't put it into words specifically why though.  And I did really enjoy Got Bunny's as well. It felt very true and I enjoyed her description. It was a really hard call.

Offline enchantress41580

• View Profile
    • Retro Dolls US
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »
PS- contestants you are allowed to vote as well.

Kimmers4Ever

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »
I want to know who is your favorite and WHY you feel their pony represented themselves. I want to hear from the people what they would like to see more of from you all and less of ;)

Oi... do I have too?? lol

While Ambar's is beautiful and lovely as she always does.... And would win prettiest custom from me, when I got done reading everything it was Gotbunny that took my vote. There was a depth of detail, not just in the pony, but her write up too.  There are many that did that, but her's just really spoke to me.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:40 PM »
Everyone did an awesome job!! I hope y'all like Kala V - she definitely represents me! hehe
:heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal