collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Ugg boots worth the money?  (Read 4678 times)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are Ugg boots worth the money?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 03:23:31 AM »
You have to be kidding?

Is the truth so uncomfortable? or inappropriate?!??!

I think if someone asks the question 'should I buy ugg boots' it is entirely appropriate to give them a link to a video about how exactly they are made.

Although, it's nice isn't it.. to go through life with blinker's on and pretend that they came from a factory and no death, pain or torture was involved.  >_<

Post Merge: December 16, 2014, 03:28:43 AM

and while I'm at it... because no doubt I'm going to get warned or banned from this..

Tilas : Ugg boots are sheepskin boots... ie. made from sheep skin, not just wool... pretty hard to give a square meter of that up without a sheep dying..   :blink:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:28:43 AM by squishy turdl »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 04:14:59 AM »
No, it is completely NOT acceptable or appropriate to post a gruesome video on the forums. There are ways to politely, respectfully, and appropriately share your views/opinions, without resorting to gruesome videos and breaking forum rules.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 04:33:50 AM »
I posted a very clear warning and it was totally up to any user if they wanted to open it.

And it was not with the intent to show gruesome footage with perverted means, which to which you are aluding. It is just the simple truth of how this product is made which, was being discussed. Its actually just the plain and simple truth.

Because the first questions we ask ourselves with buying an item like this is - is it stylish or will I look silly wearing these outside? or are they worth the money? or how is the quality?.. because thats what marketing firms, companies, retail industries and the governments who support them drive us to think.. not the question we should asking - what do these come from?.. which shows in so many users comments, that we arn't allowed to think the most simple of questions because the answer is, and as you also put it - gruesome. And not many people would want to buy or wear a product which is the result of that.

I don't see how that is any less appropriate than the absurd medical and period questions people are freely allowed to post here.

However, if you want me to be muzzled and keep the inconvenient truth to myself because that is what is comfortable. I don't think this is the place for me anymore.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 04:58:32 AM »
You learn something new every day, I had no idea uggs were still on the market ha ha gah I remember them coming out and thinking they were flinstone boots. they make me actually uggghhhh.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 05:52:14 AM »
Posting a warning about a link like that does not make it acceptable to post here. The video was not appropriate for our forum. Period. We are a PG13 site - that is not a video that would be shown on PG13 TV. Again, you are welcome to share your side of the discussion, but you need to do so in a forum-appropriate manner.

When you joined this forum you agreed to follow our site rules. As a member you are expected to uphold that agreement. I am not going to argue this with you. If you wish to discuss the site rules privately you can PM me.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 06:47:18 AM »
So... to answer the OP. I have a pair of fake uggs that I adore. They need new soles I wore them to death. I whole heartedly say go for it!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 08:57:52 AM »
Off topic, people are responsible to their decisions. If they wish to inform themselves on a material for fashion products, they're welcome to do it on their own. If we tried to break down every product we used and the ethics behind it, we'd all be paranoid.

On topic, I love my boots. They've lasted me through all sorts of nasty outdoor weather and several cleaners nearby offer to clean them. There's also several waterproofing products available.
My Emu boots were super comfortable as well. The sole is thicker, but I ruined them by washing them as a kid. Stupid Chi, I still own them though. I plan to repair the sole and redye them myself. :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:07:44 AM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
Off topic, people are responsible to their decisions. If they wish to inform themselves on a material for fashion products, they're welcome to do it on their own. If we tried to break down every product we used and the ethics behind it, we'd all be paranoid.
LOL I agree with you there. Look at normal clothing, much if it is made in factories that employ children, or severely underpay and mistreat their employees. There's reasons that you can get a shirt for $5, when the person making it is only getting $1/day and living in poverty.  I always find it funny how quick people are to scream animal rights but turn a blind eye to human rights. But, I guess that's just part of being privileged 1st world citizens.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
I reeeeally didn't want to go there. I just.... wanted to...discuss boots.. :cry:

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 10:09:10 AM »
HAHAHA! Yes, yes I know. Back to boots! XD

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »
I reeeeally didn't want to go there. I just.... wanted to...discuss boots.. :cry:
:hug:

On topic, I think I'll be ordering a pair of Ugg's next year.  I'm kinda tight on money right now.  I still need a new pair of comfy, casual boots, though.  I'm dying for a pair of gray boots or some color other than black.  I have enough black.  :P
Instagram / Want List

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »
:hug:

On topic, I think I'll be ordering a pair of Ugg's next year.  I'm kinda tight on money right now.  I still need a new pair of comfy, casual boots, though.  I'm dying for a pair of gray boots or some color other than black.  I have enough black.  :P
DSW, TJMaxx/Marshalls? You're bound to find something in your price range there. :devious:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2014, 07:34:47 PM »
I bought my Uggs 3 years ago.  Yes, I live in CA where it doesn't get super cold in the winter, but we do have winter nights that get a bit chilly, and I like wearing them during those times. 

I found them NWT on eBay - saved about $50 off retail.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2014, 11:36:27 AM »
I really think the sparkly ones are cute, but they wouldn't last for me. I walk miles in any of my comfy footwear, and usually end up hiking in them.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »
I bought mine at a convention in 1999. The price gave me a start, around $140. However they lasted me through 2003 with very little wear or tear. I lost them after 03 but while I had them it was love. Very comfortable and heaven for my chronically cold feet.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal