collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your Breyer Collection!  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your Breyer Collection!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 05:29:31 AM »

[/quote]

I've been to every one.   :biggrin:
[/quote]

Total BF fistbump! :cool:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 12:56:18 AM »
anymore? :)

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »
They're the ones that came with the Delivery Wagon, and they weren't easy to track down.  I finally had to resort to buying the whole set off eBay (I usually wait to find things at Breyerfest).  The shire is easily my favorite Classic mold.  :D

Say, anyone else here ever travel to BreyerFest? 2014 will be the 25th anniversary and I'm kinda stoked about it! It will be my 19th 'Fest.

I've been to every one.   :biggrin:

Thanks for the info.  I was afraid you were going to tell me they were from the wagon set.  Oh well, I'll keep looking.

We've been to Breyerfest almost every year since 1998 - we missed two I think.  I am bummed Breyerfest is the same weekend as the Pony Fair next year.  We are trying to work out a way to get to Breyerfest at least on Friday and then on to the Pony Fair for Saturday and Sunday.  I hope it works out!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2013, 06:04:07 AM »
This is my new guy that came today :) There are not to many Breyers that really stick out to me right now.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 06:28:50 AM »
I'd kind of like to get a few breyers, but I'm scared, haha.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 06:51:34 AM »

I totally understand, I love them. But I always worry if they are going to fall over or get all marked up!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2013, 07:03:29 AM »
Avene1984, I was admiring that one on the Breyer website earlier!  He is soooo gorgeous.  He'll be joining my herd soon, I should think  ;)

I don't have any pictures of my guys, but they are my prized possessions.  I'm not sure how many I have, but they have taken over my bedroom and have filled several book cases.  I've never been to Breyerfest, but I go to the occasional live show when I can get work off.  All the shows in my area are on Saturdays, and that is the day when I work (I'm in school during the week), so I'm on hiatus right now.  Next year when I'm at college I won't have that job any more, so maybe I'll be able to start again.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my job!  I wish I could keep it next year, but logistically it would be a pain in the rear.  Performance classes are my specialty, but I did get reserve champion in the entire Original Finish halter division at my last show with a Stablemate I had bought for about $5.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »

I totally understand, I love them. But I always worry if they are going to fall over or get all marked up!
I'm more scared that I'll get completely sucked in and go broke buying them XD

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 07:45:10 AM »

I'm more scared that I'll get completely sucked in and go broke buying them XD

Oh I understand, I know they are not cheap!

Avene1984, I was admiring that one on the Breyer website earlier!  He is soooo gorgeous.  He'll be joining my herd soon, I should think  ;)

I don't have any pictures of my guys, but they are my prized possessions.  I'm not sure how many I have, but they have taken over my bedroom and have filled several book cases.  I've never been to Breyerfest, but I go to the occasional live show when I can get work off.  All the shows in my area are on Saturdays, and that is the day when I work (I'm in school during the week), so I'm on hiatus right now.  Next year when I'm at college I won't have that job any more, so maybe I'll be able to start again.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my job!  I wish I could keep it next year, but logistically it would be a pain in the rear.  Performance classes are my specialty, but I did get reserve champion in the entire Original Finish halter division at my last show with a Stablemate I had bought for about $5.

He is very pretty and worth the money for him :)

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 08:52:57 AM »
My mother has an enormous collection of Breyers, many of which are MIB and special runs. She has made vague noises of selling them off one day and hope that if she ever does I at least get first pick through them. :p

Much to my chagrin, Breyers were what made me give away my childhood MLP collection when I was a pre-teen. :blush: I foolishly decided I should only collect realistic horses and ponies and packed my ponies. >_<

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 09:12:39 AM »
I did the same things also and I was not even a teen. I collected Breyers, moved out and had a daughter. Sold off all of my Breyer when the ponies came out in 2003. I collected till 2008 and sold off all of my ponies and bought Breyers again. And now I am back into ponies and sold off all my Breyers but 6.  I wish that I would not do this! But I guess I do it cause I don't like to have a lot of things around me. I am starting to get over whelmed by my ponies. That is why I have some for sale. So it does not seem so overwhelming. 

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »
I also wanted to go to BF, but I've never been. I'll go someday.

I don't like a lot of clutter either, so once the guys start clogging the space they are given I sell stuff. I'm not buying new shelving ect for more ponies or Breyers. They either fit or leave. If I have them organized and packed away on shelves it doesn't bother me.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 09:25:57 AM »
I also wanted to go to BF, but I've never been. I'll go someday.

I don't like a lot of clutter either, so once the guys start clogging the space they are given I sell stuff. I'm not buying new shelving ect for more ponies or Breyers. They either fit or leave. If I have them organized and packed away on shelves it doesn't bother me.

I am the same way, I have six right now and I am very happy. I have been wanting to get back some of the ones that I have had before. But I have bought some of them three and four times. I really don't think that I need to buy them again. I am just going to enjoy looking at pictures of them. :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 10:04:44 AM »
Maybe just pick the ones you really like and buy a few back. I have a hard time selling them. I grew up in a horse an cattle farm. I've always had a horse and the horse bug. @.@ my grandma bought my first Breyer when I was six. I know when I went through my models I had 300 something Breyers and about 100 GC. I guess it could be a lot more but for a childhood collection that's kinda big I think.

I'll blame my family! We found a Breyer dealer that was also my mom's friend. They just exploded everywhere.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 12:33:38 PM »
WOW! I had about the same amount also that took me a few years and all threw high school to get them. I then moved out and had to sell them all to keep my car. I was so stupid back then! That is awesome to hear that you have family that encourage your collection :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal