collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help identifying my beat up Starflower?  (Read 903 times)

Offline CrashieCorbashie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Help identifying my beat up Starflower?
« on: February 15, 2022, 02:59:26 PM »
Hello!

A little backstory: I went thrifting today and I visited a charity shop that sells old toys etc. I found my first ever G1 toy there - It's a 1984 Starflower... I think. I'm pretty sure it's not the 2019 remake, but what I'm unsure about is if this could be the Spanish variant (idk if this is helpful but I live in Poland). I tried comparing my figure to the pictures on ToySisters website showcasing the two versions, but I'm really unsure. What makes me believe it could be the Spanish variant is the similarity of the eyeprint to the picture of the Spanish version on ToySisters' page, as well as the fact that the middle star on her symbol appears to be tiny like the one on the picture (the original one's star seems to be bigger, but I don't know if that varies in this release). What doesn't help too is that from what I've gathered, not all ponies are marked to be made from Spain (mine, as you can see, has no mark). There's also no comparison pictures on MyLittleWiki of this exact pony.

I hope you all can help me identify my find:) Also I'd love to see what hair type and hair shade you'd recommend to use for her reroot; I know for sure i'll reroot the first orange stripe and a portion of the pink because it's been cut, but I'm not sure if i should reroot the rest like her hair and mane too, I thought the colors are faded but I'm not sure if they're supposed to be so faded or not, so please tell me if I should do a full reroot! (and where to get/how to make a rerooting tool, I'm very knew to that)

EDIT: The pictures worked before, I don't know what happened. What I also found today was the unusual clip on her tail (not the tube shaped one like most G1's) that says "PRECINTO GARANTIA" (which is a phrase in Spanish meaning "guarantee seal" according to google translate) so that would confirm that she is indeed the Spanish version if it's the original one (I don't know what the usual Spanish tail clip looks like).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 08:17:33 AM by CrashieCorbashie »

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Help identifying my beat up Starflower?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 12:25:21 AM »
Your image links don't work, and I was unable to fix them for you - where are you hosting them? :)

Congrats on your pony! NC/Spain ponies tend to have blank hooves, like you say, although there are more countries that can come without hoof markings :) I'm very curious to see your pony to help with the rest of your questions ^^

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 12:58:27 AM »
Pictures not working for me either, but when you say 'no mark', do you mean that all the hasbro marks are there but just it's missing a country marking?

In which case it seems likely it might be spanish/nc...?

The nirvana people will be more on point, esp. if you can get your pictures working.

I know that a lot of Spanish rainbow ponies have at least 2 versions. I'm not sure about Starflower, though. IIRC she's only on one of the release cards, but off the top of my head I don't remember if it's 1986 or 1988.

Either way congrats on your thrift store find.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 01:17:17 AM »
I would love to see a picture!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 04:53:12 AM »
Wow, where did the photos go? I saw this post with the photos very late last night but was too tired to reply then. I would say that she is probably the Spanish version since she doesn't have the country of origin under her hooves - most if not all Spanish ponies doesn't have a country under their hooves.

Offline CrashieCorbashie

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 08:18:28 AM »
The pictures should work now!!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 09:36:49 AM »
They work!

I think she is exactly what you think she is, she looks like a Spanish/NC Rainbow Pony to me :) Congratulations :D

I think she comes from the 1986 set, though someone should confirm...
Spoiler
This is the backcard for my Spanish Pinwheel, and Starflower is on the card. She's not on my Spanish Trickles' card from 88, so she must belong to the earlier set I think.

Spanish name is apparently 'Estrella'.

Also, I would hesitate on the rerooting for the time being. It's ultimately your decision, but I feel like it would be a good idea to talk to some nirvana people and restoration people (I nominate PKW!) about this...whether it will be damaging your pony more/devaluing her more to remove and replace original Spanish hair (since this can't be donated from an existing pony) with something generic. Also the colour match.

To me it doesn't look bad enough to reroot, but then I'm not really a fan of rerooting as a restorative tool, so I'm probably biased. As I said, it's up to you - but I would definitely talk to some expertish people about your options first.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:39:15 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 11:51:14 AM »
Ahh look at her! Glad the pictures are working again :D congrats again!
I agree she looks like a Spanish/NC pony ^^

Quote from: Taffeta
Also, I would hesitate on the rerooting for the time being. It's ultimately your decision, but I feel like it would be a good idea to talk to some nirvana people and restoration people (I nominate PKW!) about this...whether it will be damaging your pony more/devaluing her more to remove and replace original Spanish hair (since this can't be donated from an existing pony) with something generic. Also the colour match.

To me it doesn't look bad enough to reroot, but then I'm not really a fan of rerooting as a restorative tool, so I'm probably biased. As I said, it's up to you - but I would definitely talk to some expertish people about your options first.

I agree :)

You could always post her in the Nirvana section and ask for advice regarding rerooting, CrashieCorbashie :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline CrashieCorbashie

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 01:17:05 PM »
Thank you all very much! I'll definitely post about this find in the Nirvana section to get some advice if I should reroot her or not. Currently (after washing her) the only thing I'm even considering rerooting are only the hairs that have been cut short, but i'll think about it:)

Offline ScotchHop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Another day, another pony.
    • View Profile
    • @Adventures_In_ponyland
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 08:29:41 AM »
Oh lovely Spanish girl!

I have to agree with others that I probably wouldn't rehair her.

Amazing find! Congrats!
:art: @Adventures_In_ponyland on Insta
Currently seeking G1s;
Cookery pony Cherry Sweet, Picnic Pony (sweet clover) and accessories, Rosette (prize day), Lemon Treats & Mint Dreams. See my ISO list here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,401816.0.html

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2022, 03:32:24 PM »
What an amazing find! Congrats! I hope I get so lucky one of these days. Harder, considering I'm in the US, but not impossible!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2022, 06:50:33 PM »
I would give her a nice wash with conditioner and then see what her hair looks like . . . I think it will be silky and beautiful! :)  Congrats on your find, she's so cute!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline MyLittlePonyUKCollector

• Bratz Pony
  • Hi my name is Lucy and im from England in the UK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2022, 04:34:28 PM »
Amazing find! Congrats and hope you can get more advice in the Nirvana section :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal