collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 40423 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #660 on: April 03, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »
**dont cry wallet...we will make it through....until something new comes out** CRY!! why are there so many awesome dolls coming out this year!!

I feel you. I decided to skip the Heath+Abbey pack and get I Love Shoes Cleo instead. I have to watch my money since I need the Dance Class 5-Pack just for stupid Gil x__x

I'd split the pack with you (or with anyone who wants only Gil) because I just want DC Rochelle!  ^.^

Ohhh, see, and I don't need that Rochelle. I actually would like to have the other girls, just not as badly as Gil (I still lack a Robecca in my collection).
So if you want only Roch, consider her yours :)

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #661 on: April 03, 2013, 06:56:04 AM »
**dont cry wallet...we will make it through....until something new comes out** CRY!! why are there so many awesome dolls coming out this year!!

I feel you. I decided to skip the Heath+Abbey pack and get I Love Shoes Cleo instead. I have to watch my money since I need the Dance Class 5-Pack just for stupid Gil x__x

I'd split the pack with you (or with anyone who wants only Gil) because I just want DC Rochelle!  ^.^

Ohhh, see, and I don't need that Rochelle. I actually would like to have the other girls, just not as badly as Gil (I still lack a Robecca in my collection).
So if you want only Roch, consider her yours :)

I also just want the Rochelle from the pack.  The idea of splitting the pack with someone is a great idea!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:33 AM »
Speaking of which, are there any people who don't want GNO Venus? Because she is the only one from that 4-pack I'm interested in.

I think I should say that Germany usually doesn't get those 3-, 4- and 5-packs. So I have to rely on my "pack partner" to hunt down the dolls for us :/

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 03, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »
There are so many dolls I'm now passing up due to the rule my boyfriend and I implemented to help cut down my collection. :( He said he was being very fair by letting me keep any dolls that aren't Lagoona and Cleo as those were the only dolls I was going to keep originally when he and I talked about cutting down my collection.

My boyfriend wants me to sell my MIB original SO Clawdeen (not the re-release) if I want to keep SS Clawdeen. I want to keep both. I'm already giving up the ST Clawdeen I just bought. :cry:

I won't be getting the GNO 4 Pack since I like Basic Venus better than GNO Venus and I will be replacing my Scaris Rochelle with DC Rochelle.

Etc. etc. etc.

:cry:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 03, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »
Strict rules Bow Tie! :blink: I don't think I could do that, you are a stronger person than I! I have had major trouble just keeping to my no dolls this month policy, which to be honest I caved on, when sig Opie was on sale. But I decided that she only comes out after the ban is finished and this means I need to stretch the ban to compensate for my failure.

Shahaila

« Reply #665 on: April 03, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
Speaking of which, are there any people who don't want GNO Venus? Because she is the only one from that 4-pack I'm interested in.
I am on the fence about her Zapper.  I will be getting the 4 pack for Ghoulia and Rochelle.  I will keep the Venus if I like her, but if my reaction to her is the reaction I had looking at the promo pics then I will be happy to sell or trade her.  Will have to be one of those debox and see if I like things.

Offline Airiel

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Professional Parasol Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 03, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
Sorry to abruptly change the subject, but is the werecat 3-pack still showing up in North America? I've not seen it in the UK at all and I'm just hoping I won't have to wait half a year for it to turn up, or not turn up at all as the case may be (I've only just started seeing Jinafire on my TRU's shelves. Luckily I managed to buy her from the US just before Christmas or I'd have been waiting all this time). I'd happily buy a set deboxed from someone in this community who is maybe looking to add to their positive feedback.

Oh and naturally I've heard nothing back from the idiot on ebay whose child bought my Spectra -__- I want ebay to blacklist their address entirely, but apparently that punishment is disproportionate to the crime as there is no option to have them do this. XD

I finally saw them again this weekend after not seeing them since the first time.  I am hoping they are going to be out at a better stocking level instead of like the twins who are flooding TRU shelves and grotesquely over priced.

Airiel

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 03, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »
Strict rules Bow Tie! :blink: I don't think I could do that, you are a stronger person than I! I have had major trouble just keeping to my no dolls this month policy, which to be honest I caved on, when sig Opie was on sale. But I decided that she only comes out after the ban is finished and this means I need to stretch the ban to compensate for my failure.

It's very strict. :cry: There are so many beautiful dolls, but if it helps me save money and keep my collection in check, then I'll do it. I'm having a hard time deciding which Frankie I want to keep. I have Sweet 1600 and Classroom, but Picture Day is gorgeous! *O* I'll have to sell Sweet 1600 and Classroom if I want to get Picture Day since my rule is only one of each doll that isn't Lagoona, Cleo, Gil and Deuce. I already know I'm selling my Scaris Abbey so I can make room for Classroom Abbey.
-Bow Tie

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 03, 2013, 09:28:04 AM »
OMG! That is a totally hard choice! Choosing between Frankies that is. There are so  many lovely ones. I don't think I could do it. Your reasons and motives for doing it though are very valid.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: April 03, 2013, 09:38:08 AM »
OMG! That is a totally hard choice! Choosing between Frankies that is. There are so  many lovely ones. I don't think I could do it. Your reasons and motives for doing it though are very valid.

I know right!? Lagoona and Cleo are my absolute favorites and if I didn't like any other dolls, it would be easy to just stick to them, but my goodness are there so many other gorgeous dolls! I'm going to wait 'til I see Picture Day Frankie in person before I make a decision on which Frankie to keep. I just wish it didn't have to be this way. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 03, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »
I am on the fence about her Zapper.  I will be getting the 4 pack for Ghoulia and Rochelle.  I will keep the Venus if I like her, but if my reaction to her is the reaction I had looking at the promo pics then I will be happy to sell or trade her.  Will have to be one of those debox and see if I like things.

I will keep you in mind ;)

Shahaila

« Reply #671 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:03 AM »

It's very strict. :cry: There are so many beautiful dolls, but if it helps me save money and keep my collection in check, then I'll do it. I'm having a hard time deciding which Frankie I want to keep. I have Sweet 1600 and Classroom, but Picture Day is gorgeous! *O* I'll have to sell Sweet 1600 and Classroom if I want to get Picture Day since my rule is only one of each doll that isn't Lagoona, Cleo, Gil and Deuce. I already know I'm selling my Scaris Abbey so I can make room for Classroom Abbey.
I admire your determination to keep to that promise and courage in acutally following through ... I would be hidding dolls left and right saying I got rid of them LOL.  I know my husband would like for me to set some boundary (it used to be Ghoulias, then Ghoulias and RM collection, now the boundaries are gone), and he tries to conversationally lead me there but so far I have refused to go there because most of my dolls that are not Ghoulias or RM dolls have been gifts and he knows it .... but when he saw them he knew it was all over.  I sincerely wish you the best of luck in keeping your collection in check.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 03, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »

I admire your determination to keep to that promise and courage in acutally following through ... I would be hidding dolls left and right saying I got rid of them LOL.  I know my husband would like for me to set some boundary (it used to be Ghoulias, then Ghoulias and RM collection, now the boundaries are gone), and he tries to conversationally lead me there but so far I have refused to go there because most of my dolls that are not Ghoulias or RM dolls have been gifts and he knows it .... but when he saw them he knew it was all over.  I sincerely wish you the best of luck in keeping your collection in check.

Thanks so much! It's going to be so hard to give up all these beautiful dolls, but it's for the best. At least, I hope so. :lol: It's not just MH that I'm doing this with either. I'm doing it with my ponies as well. Only collecting certain ponies for G4, for G1 I'm focusing on certain sets and for G2, it doesn't matter since the US releases are so cheap! Then there's all my Disney stuff. My boyfriend says no more mugs, but that's not going to happen. I love collecting Disney mugs!!! XD He's just going to have to deal with that.
-Bow Tie

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 03, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
That is strict. >,<; Hopefully you won't be too limited to your collecting or have it turn more into a strenuous hassle when it should be a happy hobby. :hug:

While setting up my Flickr page, I realized something: I never gotten into photography so seriously and only did it just for the fun of it and posting them here. I Don't think I'll be adding too many watermarks to my photos. Just the one, and if I see that someone took my photo I'll just report it and hope they take it down. I realized this when I was adding another watermark to my photos, made them look all ugly. >,>;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

MelodyMistress

« Reply #674 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:19 AM »
CAM question! Does anyone know how to get that 'smell' out of the CAMs head... Kinda a rubbery latex smell... I have some new CAMS and the smell is driving me insane :P Ive tried letting them air out for a week tried soap and water... Anyone else have this problem... Or found a solution :D ?

Maybe  try the smoke solution: seal it in a box with some dryer sheets for a few days, Hope this helps.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal