collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies as a child vs ponies as an adult  (Read 489 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies as a child vs ponies as an adult
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2022, 04:27:23 PM »
I still think my childhood favorites are favorites, I just have more favorites as I discovered more ponies existed as I got older!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »
I was thinking about this lately. I was drawn to the white bodied ponies a lot during childhood too- G1 Gusty, Starshine, G3 Starcatcher and Bowtie to name a few favourites.

But now I'm drawn to the super bright coloured ponies ! Any tropical, neon or celestial themes across generations. Also Blue or green bodies. Just received G3 Tropical Surprise in the post, and her colours are stunning

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2022, 08:39:51 PM »
I was born in 1984 and loved all of the G1 ponies that I came across. I only knew what I saw in the stores of rummage sales!

When they stopped with the G1 ponies in the stores I stopped collecting. I just could not like them G2 ponies at all. I still dont care for them. So that has not changed for me.

I stopped collecting till I came across the G3 ponies one day in a store. I about fell over! It was love at first sight! I was pretty poor after moving out of my parents' house. So I did not get to many back then! 

Then I came across some sites on the internet back in 2004. And my world changed!!! I kept coming across all of these ponies that I never knew existed! I messaged sellers and sent them money through the mail! I was hooked again when I got them in hand!

I have not changed with what molds I like and don't like. I am still the same on my feelings!

Offline Cbaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2022, 09:58:49 AM »
Not ponies but accessories.   As an adult I don't like the saddles and bridles.  Too much of a human  human influence.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 10:01:07 AM by Cbaird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal