collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly Waiting Room  (Read 122191 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Dolly Waiting Room
« Reply #1245 on: November 10, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
I've had a package I sent out go missing in the mail before and it took me forever to track that one down.  So I feel badly for the seller too, because it's a PITA.  I think I'll buy her clothes and eyes and hair anyway, that way when the body finally does arrive or I get a refund to buy a new one, I will be ready.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1246 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
Boo, good luck Zenna! That stinks.

Offline kadytheredpanda

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 11, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »
Honey Lemon will come either later today or tomorrow

EDIT: Tomorrow, because it's veterans day. Forgot that there's no post on that day X_X
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:38:20 PM by kadytheredpanda »

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1248 on: November 15, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
My box is still MIA.  The poor seller has been put on hold for over an hour several times this past week and the Australian post office is giving her even less information that the USPS gave me.  She is going in to the office in person on Monday to crack some skulls.  At this point, I am not optimistic about this body ever finding its way home.  So I'm just hoping that she is able to get the insurance money so she can refund me and at least neither of us will be out the money at least.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 17, 2014, 05:40:25 AM »
Oh no Zenna... I hope you both get money back. :hug:

I had good luck and managed to get the MNF Soony elf head I have had on my wishlist! It was a bit expensive but I got it from Finland so I don't need to pay customs fees for it, yay!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1250 on: November 17, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
I had a packing slip today in my mailbox with the same confirmation number as my missing box from Australia! Going to the PO tomorrow! I will be opening it up there in case the body was damaged at all. I mean, the box was shipped on August first! If it's busted, I may as well file a claim while I'm there. And I'm going to see if they can tell me where the delay occurred. Fingers crossed!!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 18, 2014, 05:42:37 AM »
^Good luck I hope it isn't broken.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1252 on: November 18, 2014, 06:52:34 AM »
God, so do I!

EDIT!

The box waiting for me at the post office WAS the one I've been waiting for and it was in surprisingly good shape given the amount of time it took to arrive. The box inside and the body arrived safe and sound. Thank goodness! What an ordeal that was! I really don't think the box would have arrived at all (or at least not for months) if my seller hadn't harassed her post office so much.

The man helping me wasn't able to look up a movement history for the box, but I did have quite an audience when I opened it lol. My local PO is small and everyone was apparently eavesdropping on my story because when I started opening the box ot check for damage, a woman said "Well?? Is it ok?!" lol. They were all a little taken aback at the tiny little faceless naked doll though. Guess that's not normal. XD

I'm just glad she's here!

All put together!  I had to install magnets into her faceplate to stick, which was something new lol.  She's wearing random eyes, wig, and shirt, but at least she has a body! I'm a little less in love with her face than I had been when I joined the event, but maybe it's just because getting her was such a pain. Or because she's wearing such a random assortment of leftovers.  I'm thinking that she needs a crazy colored wig, some colorful clothes, and a rainbow faceup.  :P  I was going to name her Lynna, but maybe I should call her Iris.  Hmm.

Meeting Robin. Now I have TWO Pukifees!

The whole family together and whole for the first time!  No more floating heads or faceplates!  Now I just need 4 faceups (:faint:), some wig upgrades, a couple pairs of new eyes, and cute winter clothes!  I want to try to get everyone at least dressed with cute hair before the end of the year so I can get a cute family photo.  My first staged photo of the group since I had just 4.  Now I'm at lucky 13!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:53:57 PM by ZennaBug »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 18, 2014, 07:22:59 PM »
What an adorable little girl!  I'm glad everything turned out ok.   :yippee:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 18, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Yay it made it in one piece!! Can't wait to see what you do with her!! I'm not fond of the pukifee size but I love seeing what others do with them!!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1255 on: November 18, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »
I have all sizes, but I think that my PKF and YoSD dolls are my favorite, size-wise.  Though my Minifee is just total perfection and I have plans to add a 70cm boy to the family as soon as I outfit the current crew, save up the money, and choose a head.  XD  My crew ranges from 10cm to 62cm.  I love all sizes, apparently lol

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #1256 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:59 PM »
very cute!!
do you do the face ups yourself?
i'd be way to nervous to do one myself.
she looks very cozy with her new family.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1257 on: November 19, 2014, 05:23:43 AM »
Oh my gosh, no. lol. Maia (MNF Chloe), Brooke (the SD girl), and Robin's (PKF Vanilla) faces were done by Xhanthi. Eludys did Amber (the little unicorn in pink pants). Kai (new tan Soom guy in the back) came with that custom face by an artist who I believe is in Sweden? Nerine (Beyla) came to me with faceup and blushing by Andreja. Everyone else is blank or has a company faceup. Lutra is the only one of the bunch who will KEEP that company faceup though.

I would like to get a big cheap head to practice on. I feel like I probably COULD do a decent faceup with practice, but I don't want to try on my dolls. And I will probably still pay up the wazoo for my favorite artists anyway.

Oh good grief.  The saga continues.

I'm a little less in love with her face than I had been when I joined the event, but maybe it's just because getting her was such a pain. Or because she's wearing such a random assortment of leftovers.  I'm thinking that she needs a crazy colored wig, some colorful clothes, and a rainbow faceup.  :P

So the reason I wasn't loving her as much as I had thought I would is because I got the WRONG doll!  OMG.  The saga of Zenna's tiny little problem child continues.  I posted my pictures on the Fairyland Facebook page and someone said that she didn't look like a Juri.  She looked like the spring event head.  I did a quick search and had my husband open up her head to see what it said (I had paid no attention) and he confirmed that suspicion!  The reason I didn't have the same feeling that I had had when I looked at the pictures is because she is the wrong head!  OMG!

I emailed DDE right away and they responded today.  The reason my MNF body had arrived so quickly is that they had a cancellation and I got THAT body.  So when I said that I was expecting a PKF event head and they went to grab me one, the only event heads in the store were Spring.  It wasn't until my email that they realized that I had been a part of the SUMMER event!  All I have to do it take the head in and swap it for the correct one.  YAY!

My mom and I were going in on Saturday anyway because she just bought the exact same doll I bought a couple months ago (Pipos Dorothy).  She decided that she wished she'd bought the doll before I had decided to and asked me to find her one lol.  I found out that DDE had had more than one in stock, so she bought it lol.  She'll have 5 dolls now (I am such an enabler lol) and 3 of those dolls are the same sculpts as some of mine lol.  Similar taste! 

Seriously though, this doll is a problem child lol.  First, the body went missing in the mail and took 17 weeks to arrive.  Then, I was a little indifferent to her all put together (which was depressing, considering what a pain it was to get her put together at all).  And then I find out she has the wrong face?!  OMG.  I'm just glad someone realized the problem BEFORE I customized her at all.  Sheesh.

:faint:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:35:46 PM by ZennaBug »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1258 on: November 21, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
You know, from your picture I thought her face didn't look quite right. Now I know I'm not crazy! I'm glad DDE will have the correct head for you though.

Speaking of DDE, I just placed an order with them for a wig and some other bits and pieces, and when I got my invoice they told me I had the best name ever, haha. My last name is pretty unique.

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1259 on: November 21, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »
I know! I couldn't put my finger on what wasn't right about her either. I figured that it had just been a long time since I saw her pic and at that she just wasn't as cute in person. I'm just glad that DDE is going to fix the problem. It was just a weird mistake and I'm happy that someone caught it for me or I may never have realized and probably would have sold her eventually.

And you really DO have an awesome name, NoD. I love that eye commented on your invoice. Funny. :D

Edit:  All sorted!  I might go to DDE too much, I think.  Because when Mom and I walked in the door, they were in the middle of a huge delivery (15 GIANT boxes) but Shannon saw me and said "Oh, I have your face!"  XD  I bought some eyes and a wig while I was there as well, so now my little problem child is finally set!  :faint:  And she has told me that Iris is definitely a better name than Lynna.  So there you have it.  Meet Iris!  Assembled and correct for the first time!  I am soooo much happier now.  She's all that I was hoping for.  :heart:  Now she just needs a face and a cute outfit!

And now a real family photo.  This time with the right dolls.  XD

While we were there, my mom picked up her new doll too.  Remember how I said that Mom and I both loved the Pipos Dorothy before I bought her?  Well Mom has been super jealous and found out that DDE had another identical doll.  So she bought her!  XD  Now Mom has 5 dolls since I bought her her first one last August.  lol.  And 3 of those dolls are the same as mine.  Runs in the family!

Tori (MNF Juri), Merlot (TS PP Ante), Rosy (PP Pong), and Maggie (PKF Luna) with the new arrival in the back (hiding, because she's borrowing MNF clothes.  Funny how impulse buys work lol).  We bought the little chairs, table, and mug at a hardware store on our way home.  :P

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:23:25 PM by ZennaBug »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal