collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 44238 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
What I'm saying is collectors have to show they won't accept these things and instead rebel by buying this customs.  That's how we'll make our opinions known to Hasbro.

I made a reaction video to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnXl519nMLo
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:25:16 PM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »

If collectors made a custom G1 pony to sell at the fair (I would personally like to see Rainbow Dash remade as Wind Whistler but Rarity remade as Glory and Moondancer are also great ideas) and it sells well, it might convince them to cater to older fans.

If this can be pulled off, I will be right there for a G4 Rarity turned MoonDancer.  <3 

But I think you have to remember, as was just pointed out, NUMBERS  speak (Hasbro is a for profit company, after all so you can't really fault them for going where the $ are), and even if they sell well in the eyes of the community, will those numbers mean anything to Hasbro? I guess the question is, how many would have to sell or be ordered (who is going to paint and rehair these girls in less than two weeks? So I assume pre-paid orders will be taken...and then there is the issue -- not unknown in pony land-- of someone not  being able, for whatever reason to fulfill their end, and people winding up out money etc )(all assuming it is okay by the MLP fair folks to do this of course)--anyway, sorry for the digression, how many would have to sell or be ordered for Hasbro to think there's enough value in it for them in order for them to provide it? It would be WONDERFUL if, as a community, we could show them the money, so to speak, by way of creating something and having enough sales of it to convince them it would be worth their while. On the other hand, in years past, before g4, I recall Summer and staff having plenty of extra exclusive Fair ponies leftover. Why? because a lot of people were unhappy with the design (i love them all, but remember people  grousing about this one or that one ) and didn't want to purchase it. I am sure they had to purchase a certain number in order for Hasbro to make them, and yet they still wound up with leftovers. In other words, I have a feeling Summer and staff have already been down this road, to a certain extent.

Just things to think about. Nothing wrong with making the attempt and the dream, though!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:33:40 PM by MoonStars »

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »
Looking at the pony & the doll side by side makes me wish they had given the pony some wicked looking armor too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »
What I'm saying is collectors have to show they won't accept these things and instead rebel by buying this customs.  That's how we'll make our opinions known to Hasbro.

I made a reaction video to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnXl519nMLo

LOL...

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
I think this year's exclusives are pretty neat.  Not anywhere near as disappointing as last year's, imo.  :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »
the "fan made" pony that were goign to try  and   make  the rairty into glory there arnet going to be that many of them.   sicne the time crunch  but we  will try to get as many done as we can.  and it will be   a sort of.. first come first   serve thing to see how it  does.   and in my opinion were  not doing this to compete with  hasbro. were simply doing this so that he fair goers  can  get  a fair exclusive that they like or have   a second opion.   it isnt really competing with thers.  this is  sort of inspired  by frisco and trolly. and  maybe  if hasbro can see that were  going out of our way to make soemthing awesome they'll give us  back our   exclusive if not.. then maybe we cna make our  own. itsbeen done before..   the fact hat strangers came togehter to do something awesome for other people. and didint think "wahts in it for me"

but yes we    are hoping to get permisson for this. lol

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2014, 06:46:35 PM »
Hi everyone!

I received a PM asking about my reaction to the idea of collector's making their own "exclusive" for the Fair. I'm copying my response here as well to clarify the position that the Fair must take as well as the potential negative attention that a project like this may create for the customizing community.

"Unfortunately,  the Fair can neither publicly promote this idea or approve it. The Fair name is owned by Hasbro and all products sold, distributed or promoted by the Fair must be approved  by Hasbro ' s legal team. Not only must the products themselves be approved, but the manufacturing processes by which these products are made must adhere to strict guidelines.

With that said, you may produce custom ponies for sale at a sellers booth but they cannot be promoted in any way that uses the Fair name or allude to them being produced exclusively for the event. Hasbro will be at the event, although in the past they have turned a blind eye to custom ponies, this type of mass production may flag creators for copyright infringement and legal action.

Personally, I support the community and understand the desire to do this (I own a Frisco and Trolley myself.) However, the Fair is now officially contracted and licensed with Hasbro and the Fair has changed dramatically since those days.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Summer"

Edited to add: I think it is really great that everyone feels so passionate about this. Just shows how much we genuinely love our ponies and our collections. I think it is a really cute idea (one I myself have been pitching for ages for our MLP Fair ponies (G4- G1 characters.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:58:03 PM by SweetTune »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »
so biascly   we   can ell customs but we can't  sell them as unnofcial fair ponys?  if i read that correctly?

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »
Yeah....let's just refuse to give Hasbro our money, not provoke them into cease-and-desist letters and lawsuits. Please?

Post Merge: June 25, 2014, 06:51:22 PM

Also, look, Starshine is going to be on the single-pony pins, how about she be the "unofficial" Fair Pony in spirit? You can either buy the G1 or commission a G4 from someone, and she can be your reminder of the 2014 fair. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:51:22 PM by Jadis4742 »

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 25, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
Oh well  :( Yea, just don't buy the exclusive.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »

yep well we tried! oh well. the best laid plans right?  hmm boycott the exclusive?

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:56 PM »

yep well we tried! oh well. the best laid plans right?  hmm boycott the exclusive?
Judging by this thread, only a handful of people want to buy it anyways.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2014, 06:59:27 PM »

Judging by this thread, only a handful of people want to buy it anyways.

True lol

i think 87% arent happy.

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2014, 06:59:52 PM »
I'm sorry, but this is terrible.

And what upsets me the most is that I think the doll is better than the pony, and I hate Equestria Girls and what it is doing to the brand.

If the doll sells better than the pony at the convention it is just going to bang one more nail into the pony coffin, and encourage HASBRO to focus more in the dolls than ponies.

I can't believe how blind they are to how they are ruining the pony brand by limiting the variety of the actual pony toys so badly or when they do attempt to give us setting different it is executed so poorly that very few people are excited about it .

HASBRO have developed an absolute smash TV show and completely wasted this opportunity with lame, badly executed products.

I am at the point of giving up now:/

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:47 PM »
If mane-iac is brushable size then I want her but if she is the scale of the coloring ponies I don't. Stop making a bajillion sizes of things and make more characters, Hasbro!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal