collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Boyfriend is buying me a MLP  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
My Boyfriend is buying me a MLP
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
Well I've narrowed it down to several choices

First off is a really manky SS Ribbon with wild hair, I was thinking I could try deflocking because her fur is gray and very uh...ick, I'm thinking of getting her because I really like Ribbon but the nicer Ribbon...well I'm short about $40 and I won't even pay that much for a breyer. my inner scrooge mcduck would surely bonk me on the head with his cane. lol

Second is a slightly dirty Curlylocks, I remember a childhood friend of mine had some brush n grows and she looks like she just needs a little love.

Third is a tailless Glory. Unicorns are my absolute fave and I love love love Glory! and I think I could retail her...with supervision. maybe. hopefully.

Fourth is Mirror Mirror-she was the only magic message pony I ever owned as a kid
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: My Boyfriend is buying me a MLP
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:08:47 PM »
First off, what a great boyfriend you got there! :thumb:
Secondly, what's your heart telling you? Do you have practice with major/minor restores/fixing like de-flocking or re-hairing? What about the supplies, will you have to buy tools etc.? Do you have the patience? Time? Lots of factors... or I'm just making it more difficult than it needs to be, lol.
I would say start slow and work your way up. A slightly dirty Curly Locks that needs some love might be the perfect "starter restore" pony for you, if that's where you want to go.
So, uh yeah, if you were looking for votes/input, I'm voting for Curly Locks  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
 Patience?! What's that? j/k the closest I've ever come to restoring anything is touching up scratches on some of my GCs so nope, but I'd kinda like to try someday. Thank you for the advice.   :art:

:P it was a hard choice, but yeah I'm going with Curlylocks and I took his advice and decided to wait for a nicer unicorn to come along. Eee! I can't believe I've got a Brush n Grow of my very own! X3 :frolic:

he also thinks Glory and Curlylocks are pretty. turned his nose up at mirror mirror and said and I quote, that fuzzy pony has kewls yellow hair
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 10:55:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 06:11:55 AM »
If you do any projects, just be sure to get before and after shots!  :biggrin:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 07:39:23 AM »
I want a boyfriend who buys me ponies :D
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
What a sweet boyfriend you have! :) If it was me I would go with Magic Mirror, she is a gorgeous and under appreciated pony. But I agree go with your heart on it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:52 AM »
Patience?! What's that? j/k the closest I've ever come to restoring anything is touching up scratches on some of my GCs so nope, but I'd kinda like to try someday. Thank you for the advice.   :art:
:P it was a hard choice, but yeah I'm going with Curlylocks and I took his advice and decided to wait for a nicer unicorn to come along. Eee! I can't believe I've got a Brush n Grow of my very own! X3 :frolic:
he also thinks Glory and Curlylocks are pretty. turned his nose up at mirror mirror and said and I quote, that fuzzy pony has kewls yellow hair

Lol, patience...exactly.... That's why only four of my 12 Birth Flower ponies have been sunfaded to get them extra white, takes FOREVER to tape the symbols and eyes and stuff, so I hear ya sister!
Congrats on your first BnG!
And as far as a better condition Ribbon goes, one will come along when you least expect it  :)

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal