collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: White Celestia Brushable... They listened!  (Read 9901 times)

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: White Celestia Brushable... They listened!
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
Absolutely perfect. I must have this version of her!!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
My only spoiled and over-entitled complaint is that I'm not a fan of the blocky eye shines. With the rest of the eye still normal, it looks more like they were drawn with the polygonal lasso tool than like gems ^^; But she is still beautiful <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Pretty! I just wish they'd paint her shoes though. Nice that Hasbro is finally getting it right! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 01:19:58 PM »
Oh wow! How boring is she without the pink blush and wing tips...very blaaaah indeed!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
So why did they start making her pink in the first place?  And, I wonder if they will start making more versions of her in white now that they have an official pink princess pony in Cadance.  In fact, I wonder if that is why they designed Cadance the way she is.  So that they had a pink princess like Celestia that they could market and not make fans mad she isn't the right color. 

You know, I've always wondered about that as well.. ever since Cadance has appeared, her character-design SCREAMED in my face that she was just designed so that hasbro could have a pink alicorn. xD

IMO she doesn't fit into the show AT ALL.. the original two alicorns being goddesses/day&night made sense to me. But now.. where does she come from? Why is she an alicorn if she is just royality, but not a god? And if she is a god, does she reach an age of several thousand years as well and why then did she marry SA, who will most likely NOT live that long.. LOL.. ok, straying away from topic here. ;D ^^;
Also.. if she is an alicorn-god, what does she represent? LOVE.. oh pleaaaaaase.. that's hardly the same as day and night but OK, it IS a little girl's show after all. :P
Anyways, see? I think way too much about why she is there. And it makes no sense. The only sense it makes is that they needed a pink alicorn so that they could make Celestia white and STILL have one. xD

..and BTW I totally need that white Celestia. SO pretty. Love the blush & pink wingtips, too. :heart:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:50:47 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
So why did they start making her pink in the first place?  And, I wonder if they will start making more versions of her in white now that they have an official pink princess pony in Cadance.  In fact, I wonder if that is why they designed Cadance the way she is.  So that they had a pink princess like Celestia that they could market and not make fans mad she isn't the right color. 

You know, I've always wondered about that as well.. ever since Cadance has appeared, her character-design SCREAMED in my face that she was just designed so that hasbro could have a pink alicorn. xD

IMO she doesn't fit into the show AT ALL.. the original two alicorns being goddesses/day&night made sense to me. But now.. where does she come from? Why is she an alicorn if she is just royality, but not a god? And if she is a god, does she reach an age of several thousand years as well and why then did she marry SA, who will most likely NOT live that long.. LOL.. ok, straying away from topic here. ;D ^^;
Also.. if she is an alicorn-god, what does she represent? LOVE.. oh pleaaaaaase.. that's hardly the same as day and night but OK, it IS a little girl's show after all. :P
Anyways, see? I think way too much about why she is there. And it makes no sense. The only sense it makes is that they needed a pink alicorn so that they could make Celestia white and STILL have one. xD

..and BTW I totally need that white Celestia. SO pretty. Love the blush & pink wingtips, too. :heart:

I agree that Cadance was likely created to have a pink winged unicorn but i don't see why she would not be able to fit the show. Nowhere it was really stated that Luna and Celestia are gods. Even if they are "gods", why can't there be a pantheon of gods? With every winged unicorn having their own speciality and with Luna/Celestia being "Zeus". (That's how i like to see it.)
Not that the powers of Luna and Celestia are that exceptional since regular unicorns were able to raise and lower the sun too.  Though there must indeed be an aging difference between Cadance and Shining Armor. But hey, maybe there is a spell for that. XP

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:14 PM »
You're probably right.. that there could be more, like with the greek gods. ..and, heh, well I just think of them as 'gods' b/c they don't age and wasn't it said in the very beginning that they kind of 'created' night and day? ^^;

It's just my personal feel anyways.. I liked the simplicity of two opposite 'god-like' creatures. Day/Night.. black/white.. Cadance now feels like clutter to me. xD

(she's a nice character, don't get me wrong! I just wish she'd be a regular unicorn. ;>)

((Regular unicorns can raise the sun? Whoops, that must've escaped me! :O))

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
My only spoiled and over-entitled complaint is that I'm not a fan of the blocky eye shines. With the rest of the eye still normal, it looks more like they were drawn with the polygonal lasso tool than like gems ^^; But she is still beautiful <3
I agree, I'm not liking all these polygonal eye shines at all.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2012, 02:57:59 PM »
Oooooh. Pretty.

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »
Yeah finally she is white! What an improvement ! Step one complete !

Now all they need to do is paint her boots, get her head shape right, sort out her eyes and then I might consider buying one ;)

Post Merge: August 01, 2012, 03:13:43 PM

Who am I kidding! I'll buy one anyway, as I am guessing this is as good as she'll get! :)

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
Ok so now with the exception of Twilight Sparkle [oddly] we have seen all of the main toys with this blocky-eye-ness. Please Hasbro [or Taobao :P] put these ladies in packages so we know what we are getting!

She is lovely but I ll still give this particular mould a miss.
Here's Twi:

And the new white Celestia I really like  :biggrin:

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Yay she is a beauty!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2012, 08:10:09 PM »
I kind of don't want them to paint her hooves after seeing the hack paint job they gave to both of my Celestia's in the Crystal Princess pack  :yikes:

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »
It's not to hard to paint her hooves with a little gold acrylic and seal it with Mod Podge. I might do that.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
I just wish the three pack from target with cadence and luna were packaged with white celestia!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal