collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 651
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: All the centaurs!  (Read 5295 times)

Offline suppi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chibi-suppi.deviantart.com
Re: All the centaurs!
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »
I have the bory centaur and I love him to bits. >_> So I say you shoulder order one and let all your tinies ride it! o3o (Fun forever!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Flickr :3 Thanks YLH for my Avvie and Sugarcup for my siggy!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 01:45:17 AM »
I adore centaurs but I admit the idea of all those BJD legs really makes me shy away from them; how 'well' are the legs strung from the factory? My Soom 'Ai' faun has very nice movement and tension, but the idea of getting a kicky Centaur that might need restringing really, Really makes me wary. I'm not shy of restringing my dolls with two legs but four kinda scares me. XD

That being said, there aren't too many BJDs out there that tempt me much now that I have a decent-sized family, but these guys sure do. :) I've loved Centaurs since I first read the Narnian chronicles as a child!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 02:24:12 AM »
hmm... I haven't needed to restring my little centaur.  But I'm worried about it too.  She has amazing balance though.  I don't think I will need to do it any time soon.  I've never restrung any doll.  I just figured I would work through it if I have to.

I have the bory centaur and I love him to bits. >_> So I say you shoulder order one and let all your tinies ride it! o3o (Fun forever!)
Eeee! Fun Fun!  But haha... no.  I really shouldn't.   I've bought so many toys this year, I should take a break.  But I do want to see your Bory!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 02:28:50 AM »
WOW!! Just beautifulx
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 03:37:06 AM »
My soom centaur needs some help in the posing department - she either needs to be sueded or restrung. I'm terrified to take her apart XD But then I'm terrified to take any doll apart. I'm not her first owner though, so she might have been better when she was newly released .

I think luts dolls tend to be pretty well strung on arrival. It certainly seems like it from some of the poses I've seen with both the tinies and the bory-taurs.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics, brightberry! Your girl definitely doesn't seem to have problems posing! I hope she stays that way for you! :lovey:

My soom centaur needs some help in the posing department - she either needs to be sueded or restrung. I'm terrified to take her apart XD But then I'm terrified to take any doll apart. I'm not her first owner though, so she might have been better when she was newly released .

I think luts dolls tend to be pretty well strung on arrival. It certainly seems like it from some of the poses I've seen with both the tinies and the bory-taurs.

*cries for you
  Just what I was afraid of!! D:

Can anyone vouch for the Luts centaurs?

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 04:31:41 AM »
I know with the bory-taur I've seen photos of them both bucking and rearing as well as other combinations. They've put locking mechanisms in certain joints, which you can see in the photos on this flickr I imagine that helps a lot with stability. I've read that it's a bit tricky to control the body because it's so large, but it seems like its designed pretty well for posing and stability.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:48 AM »
So cute- thanks for sharing pics!  I keep finding myself back on the order page...

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »
Oh dear. I love these. I really want to buy one of the first two, but my wallet is telling me "NO."

Maybe I'll save up and get me one for Christmas.
I have no experience with these dolls though ;n;

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
They are SO expensive to me, but I can understand why. They seems to have a lot of workmanship involved and teh designs are out of this world.  I have never bought anything for myself this expensive in my life, apart from my guitar. My guitar was about the same as one of these dolls. No-one has ever bought anything for me worth anywhere near this much in my whole life. The idea of ever having one of these at home just cannot compute for me. But thanks to the internet I can always have a look... and appreciate :heart:

This is the one really, for me

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:26:36 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 07:28:25 AM »
^  So amazing!

They are SO expensive to me, but I can understand why. They seems to have a lot of workmanship involved and teh designs are out of this world.  I have never bought anything for myself this expensive in my life, apart from my guitar. My guitar was about the same as one of these dolls. No-one has ever bought anything for me worth anywhere near this much in my whole life. The idea of ever having one of these at home just cannot compute for me. But thanks to the internet I can always have a look... and appreciate :heart:

I had a hard time with this myself.  I first noticed bjd years ago but never would have imagined buying one.   But I have a friend that collects and I think I just got used to the idea.  Haha... I bet most bjd owners have an enabler some where in their life.    :lol:

Sig art by SquarePeg!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 08:59:44 AM »
An enabler, wow! Sometimes I just wish my parents or a boyfriend even would treat me as someone who deserves something like this. It seems looking at this thread has brought up some weird stuff for me! Maybe deep down I did 'always wanted' a doll  :) ...just that it needed to be an awesome one like this... once again the world punishes me for having good taste  ;)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:02:10 AM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013, 09:30:08 AM »
An enabler, wow! Sometimes I just wish my parents or a boyfriend even would treat me as someone who deserves something like this. It seems looking at this thread has brought up some weird stuff for me! Maybe deep down I did 'always wanted' a doll  :) ...just that it needed to be an awesome one like this... once again the world punishes me for having good taste  ;)
Haha... believe me.  My family would be in shock.  But I'd never tell them the price because it's not their money.  My husband knows and is ok with it because I earn my own income and he did his own research on them.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
My wife would go completely ballistic.  I've only ever bought two BJDs and she has no idea...  I honestly can't understand how people can own numbers of these things-

On the upside- it makes me feel like ponies and dolls and things are so cheap!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 10:11:42 AM »
I'm amazed and envious of some of the DoA members. But you know, I guess it's like any luxury item - if you want ti badly enough, you can find a way to save up for it. I never really imagined getting in BJDs and I have 4 now, and I'm sure I'll end up with a few more.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal