collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467631 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3480 on: April 27, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
i can't find my scissors. i have no idea where they disappeared to.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: April 27, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »
I hate my sleep being messed up, especially as I need to keep it relatively balanced at least until Thursday (appointment I can't miss).
Please, don't fail me now...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3482 on: April 27, 2021, 06:42:34 PM »
I go to bed early and get up early. It was only 9pm but I was trying to sleep and my neighbor decided it was a good time to turn on her music, which is right on the other side of the wall where the head of my bed is. I'm up now but I don't want to be.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: April 27, 2021, 09:22:28 PM »
I am writing an entire campaign for my Dungeons and dragons group. It is going to be awesome (I hope to whatever higher power) and I am doing al the art as well! And then I started having trouble sleeping and having nightmares when I do get to sleep. So in addition to my usual anxiety about anything, I am now tired constantly! Yaaaay...
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3484 on: April 28, 2021, 11:57:45 PM »
I'm starting to remember why I left a certain site that will not be named several years ago, and unfortunately am seeing the same situations manifest themselves repeatedly.

Aside from their attitude to neurodiversity, I've seen two people leave the site because of moderator high-handedness.

It's not all the moderators, not even most of them. But having been punished once for daring to raise an issue with them, I feel like if you're not part of the clique, then you might as well not be there.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3485 on: April 29, 2021, 03:11:26 AM »
Ugh, I had a string of jerk-you-awake nightmares. I kept falling back asleep but I finally forced myself to sit up. I'm still tired. Hopefully, if I clear my mind or something I can sleep for another hour or two.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3486 on: April 29, 2021, 05:52:15 AM »
Two complaints in one day is not a good sign, but the disability benefit people really need to proofread their letters before sending them, not afterwards.

Yesterday I had a letter telling me that my entitlement certificate was valid from one month after my PIP ended. So that was interesting.

On the phone we were told that was a mistake and that another letter was coming to clarify.

Today we got that letter and we're more confused than we were yesterday when we basically needed a time machine to use the certificate.

...I'm not going to go into the specifics but...gah.

I already have hyperanxiety reactions to any communication from that office after the last battle. So two letters in as many days without actual clarity is not doing much for my nerves.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: April 30, 2021, 02:35:52 AM »
Taffeta, I feel you on the disability benefits. We're still traumatised from trying to get my gf's benefits sorted a couple of years ago (she's autistic too). They left her without money for a year!! Good thing she has a supportive family. We actually eventually gave up on PIP (the stress was making us both ill), but we found she was eligible for Universal Credit. I don't know if that's worth looking into in your case?

My trivial complaint: our local vet practice is closed for refurbishment, so the vets have moved to a different practice outside of town. Both our cats hate travelling (Garfield gets car-sick, poor lad). "Isn't he lucky neither of them has an appointment booked?" we said to each other, "The local vets will be open again by the time they need their checkups." Famous last words :facepalm:. We have been practically living at the vet these past few weeks. Flash fell out of a tree(!) and hurt his leg. Garfield's asthma flared up. We had to go back again to get a new inhaler for Garfield. I'm starting to think I might just grab the cats and camp in the vets car park :lol:.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3488 on: April 30, 2021, 11:33:38 AM »
Great, just great. I have appointments on the 3rd and 5th. I get free medical transportation through my insurance so I called to book a ride. Well, they need 1 full business day for processing, I'm too late for the first ride. As for the second? It's a sleep lab and I need to be there at 8:30pm and leave at 6am. They don';t operate at those hours, sorry.

What the heck? Why have this service at all?

So I try Uber through my PC (my phone is old and not a smartphone and it doesn't even have internet). You can book a ride online in advance. Great, looks like it'll cost less than $20. I add my debit card for the payment and... we're sorry, we're having trouble processing, please use in-app help. Um. I'm on the website because I don't have the app. Uh duh.

Let's try a taxi service. Holy moly do the taxi companies around here get bad reviews! There are exactly 2 that have 4 and 5 stars. I chose the 5 star one but their website is devoid of information. No rates posted, no hours of operation. Just a picture of a car and a phone number. edit: The phone number doesn't work. Wonderful. The other one is at least 24hrs so I know they can do the sleep lab.

Things are VERY inconvenient if you don't drive and have your own car. Especially living in a place with no public transportation that runs like normal. There IS a bus, but like my medical transport, you have to call ahead and they don't run 24hrs.

Also? My cat is sick. She won't eat and has thrown up twice - it's foam, so it's a hairball. I have medicine I can give her but she's sleeping under a piece of furniture and won't come out and I can't reach her. I

editx2: Man, this day. I took a nap and woke up with a bad headache. The pizza guy was trying to flirt with me and now my noisy neighbor is fighting with her daughter, screaming at each other.

The only positive is my cat is feeling better :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 03:55:15 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: April 30, 2021, 03:13:12 PM »
Public transport can stink xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3490 on: April 30, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
I'm sure it can but I took a public bus all through Jr High and High School. I lived too far away to take a school bus. And I used it frequently to get around town. The drivers all knew my name. I never had a bad experience.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: May 01, 2021, 08:30:34 AM »
I'm lucky there were no crowds on the buses I took for my jab the other day. Crowded buses are my worst nightmare

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 01, 2021, 08:35:23 AM »
Now i can't find some dishes I ordered. Seriously how do I lose dishes. I looked in all of the cabinets and now i'm worried that I accidentally threw them out with the packaging. first the scissors (which are still missing BTW). now dishes. I'm usually pretty organized. i feel like i'm losing my mind.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3493 on: May 01, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »
I feel like I post too much in this thread :huh:

Very dizzy and shaky the last couple of days, it's really bad today. I slept in which was nice even though I had questionable dreams. Been dreaming about death a lot. This time it was dead pets :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: May 01, 2021, 04:30:55 PM »
I feel like I post too much in this thread :huh:

Very dizzy and shaky the last couple of days, it's really bad today. I slept in which was nice even though I had questionable dreams. Been dreaming about death a lot. This time it was dead pets :(

Ugh I have dreams like that too. I hope you feel better soon  :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal