collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467588 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3285 on: February 08, 2021, 10:05:32 AM »
@BC - it all comes at once for you doesn't it >< I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she's doing better soon!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 08, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »
Ugh...it's parent/teacher conference day (via zoom), and my laptop won't power up. It is only 2 years old and barely used; I have no idea what is wrong with it. We did have to replace the screen when my twin daughters did something to it, but I thought it was fixed. I am extremely technologically impaired and my husband is out of town this week. I have 2 hours to figure this out... :dumbpc:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3287 on: February 08, 2021, 06:52:50 PM »
@BC - it all comes at once for you doesn't it >< I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she's doing better soon!

It really seems so. They took CT scans and she met the surgeon on stand by, but they are still hesitating to operate. So, the gland is bleeding into her stomach, not like, in the ether. Because I was confused when she said "bleeding internally" but they weren't operating. So It's not life threatening or anything. But anyway, this gland is responsible for regulating chemicals and hormones that affect your emotions. Which explains SO MUCH about my sister. Next is an MRI. That's all I know for now.

My mom was saying how much she wants me to stay at the house. I'm like :huh: about it. Since her stroke my mom is hard to deal with (not that she was ever a nice person) and I think she might have a bit of dementia starting. But I know all she's going to do is boss me around, though she doesn't ever see it that way. She'd prefer to stay in bed and have everyone wait on her. She uses a wheel chair sure, but she's not paralyzed. She messed her leg up from staying in bed all the time, it's crooked, and she 100% did it to herself. She's supposed to be doing physical therapy exercises and she lies to her nurse and says she does them, but she never does. She's extremely manipulative. Ugh. I don't want to go over there :( Plus the futon they have is really uncomfortable, I don't have a proper laptop anymore to bring with and I just bought a bunch of fruit and veggies.

It's stressing me out and I'm already under a massive amount of stress.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 08, 2021, 08:20:29 PM »
No hot water for weeks. Bleh.  >_<

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 09, 2021, 07:56:47 AM »
@Black Curtains  I'm sorry to hear about your sister :(

Yesterday at work a lamp overheated and caught fire.  I smelled something bad but assumed it was food that was cooking.  The fire was extinguished quickly and a lot of us didn't even know what happened until after work.   By the time I got home my throat felt like it was burning and today I woke up with either the start of a headache or slightly lightheaded feeling (not sure which one it is)  My throat stopped hurting a couple of hours after I got home.  I didn't  think that I breathed in enough of the chemical smell from the lamp to affect me but now I'm wondering if  it's related to that.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 10, 2021, 06:26:55 AM »
Ugh. The post office still must be having issues. My package that was supposed to  arrive 2 days ago seems to be bouncing around on the east coast. All of my other packages have arrived with no issues, and no bouncing, even if a day or two slower.

It's worrying me because it's from a 0 feedback seller, so that makes me more uncomfortable.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 10, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »
I had a horrible migraine yesterday and today I'm still suffering the effects.  I haven't had a migraine like this for a long time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 12, 2021, 09:37:19 AM »
I'm frustrated...I received the news recently that as a parent of a child with a disability, I am eligible for a Covid vaccine (as is my husband). I wish I could give my dose to someone else who needs it more. I want my parents to get theirs, and their state/county is blocking them at every turn. They only live an hour away from me, but in a different state. If they lived here, they would be eligible.

There is a major automotive plant in their county, and its employees get vaccine priority, to keep the unions happy, I imagine. My high school best friend's sister works there, and she has priority over their elderly, handicapped, medically fragile mother. It just makes me mad that they aren't letting the people who need it most get it first. My husband just lost 2 family members to the virus, and I don't want to see my parents or my friend's mom be next because of a bunch of bureaucracy. Sorry for my rant...thank you for giving me a space to vent.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: February 12, 2021, 09:52:47 AM »
Vaccine politics are so messy wherever you are. I'm wrestling with the contradiction that carers of disabled people are eligible, but not the people they care for. This in spite of the fact disabled people are 6x more likely to die of COVID. I guess this would make some sense if there was published evidence that the vaccines prevent transmission. And there does seem to be some evidence that's the case. BUT the UK Blood Cancer charity (which my mother communicates with given her medical condition) is lobbying for households of those people to be vaccinated to give them protection. Govt is refusing atm, saying there's no evidence vaccines prevent transmission.

...So back to those disabled people. It feels like a case of, 'let's protect the "normal" healthy carers, but if they infect their disabled patrons, whatever..." Which is against the law by the way, but equality legislation is mostly treated differently if it's a disabled person than if it's another characteristic.

Of course, if they do prove the transmission thing it might be good news for me because I'd then qualify because of Mum - but it's all so confusing at the moment.

Our vaccine priority decisions are also being decided by a bunch of academics who are smart but apparently not clued in to real life scenarios. They're disproportionately obsessed with age and not other factors, despite the masses of data that shows it's not all about age...

And to top it off tonight the council called on people in certain wards in our borough to get a test as the numbers are high. Guess what? Most of these wards are about as far as you can get from the testing centres at the south of the borough. Are they surprised these people aren't wanting to travel 10+ miles if they don't have symptoms on buses with people who might be infected?

..Sigh. It's just frustrating when you can see all the things that are wrong with the system, because it's been devised by people who drive cars everywhere, live in a place where things are in easy reach, and have probably never met actual people...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 09:55:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 12, 2021, 03:14:49 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, how it makes no sense to have caretakers eligible for vaccination, but not the actual person with the disability. I didn't get a notice saying my son was on the list to get it. As far as transmission, that might make sense if the disabled person was housebound and the caretaker was in and out of the home, because it is then assumed that the caretaker would be the one to likely bring the virus into the home. But in many cases, such as my own, (my son still attends in-person school and also spends 10 hours a week at a therapy center), the person with the disability is the more likely party to be the point of transmission. I wouldn't even be leaving my house if not for shuttling my son to the above-mentioned places, and then having to kill time while he is at the latter. Not that I'm even advocating that my son be moved up the vaccine list; he's healthy and no more at risk than I of getting the virus other than the fact that he's 5 and less conscious about hygiene than I am! Plus, I believe the Coronavirus has already had its way with my household; my husband tested positive for antibodies last week, therefore I wish we could give our 2 doses to someone who needs them, as they are basically wasted on us.

On the subject of people who aren't able to easily travel to vaccination sites; I remember an election year here a few years back when a certain political party was rounding up people weren't able to travel to be bussed to the polls. Funny how those politicians were able to make it happen to get themselves a few votes, but no one can organize a type of home-delivery of a life-saving medication to help those same people. I suppose there's more to it all than I see on the surface, but man...so much of this escapes logic as far as I can see.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 12, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »
my husband tested positive for antibodies last week, therefore I wish we could give our 2 doses to someone who needs them, as they are basically wasted on us.
CDC recommends those who have antibodies should still get the vaccine (feel free to read resources on it). It's not a waste, and it's important. Your son wasn't on the list because kids will not be able to get the vaccine for a long time. They haven't done trials for young kids yet.

Also, as a mom -- do not feel guilty of getting the vaccine before other people. They are giving you the opportunity to help protect your child. It's a gift. I wish my state was good enough to do that.

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3296 on: February 12, 2021, 07:09:20 PM »
It's going to be super cold down in Central Texas this weekend. they're saying maybe possible blizzard conditions and maybe below 0 fahrenheit . i've never been in weather colder than 10 fahrenheit. i'm kind of nervous about the house. my yard is already frozen and there is ice all over the house from the freezing rain we had earlier this week.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: February 12, 2021, 08:38:48 PM »
my husband tested positive for antibodies last week, therefore I wish we could give our 2 doses to someone who needs them, as they are basically wasted on us.
CDC recommends those who have antibodies should still get the vaccine (feel free to read resources on it). It's not a waste, and it's important. Your son wasn't on the list because kids will not be able to get the vaccine for a long time. They haven't done trials for young kids yet.

Also, as a mom -- do not feel guilty of getting the vaccine before other people. They are giving you the opportunity to help protect your child. It's a gift. I wish my state was good enough to do that.

Thank you for the reassurance :) I just want my mom to have it so badly; after watching the virus take down my husband's uncle, all the ups and downs and the hopes that he was on the road to recovery only to succumb during the night before he was supposed to be moved to a long-term care facility, I just don't know what I would do if that were her. I know it's still recommended that we get it, but I figured we had a little time. I wish I could give mine to her, and I could catch the next batch, but I know it doesn't work that way.

I hope your state lets you get yours soon  :huh:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: February 13, 2021, 05:38:51 AM »
Oh, I understand completely.. I would feel the same way. It makes me really mad that the older population struggle to get spots. My thought is it's just a bottle neck and every state is trying things that they think might be the fastest to distribute (rather then sticking to absolute high priority in order).

The reality is most people need one to help the pandemic as a whole. Younger folk  (teachers, nurses, etc) who get a jab and go out in the community actually helps lessen the spread-- which is important too.

I'm not sure what my state's next plan is since they haven't announced it. I hope I could get some sort of priority, or at least could get it done by the health dept instead of impossible trying to snatch a spot at a random pharmacy/hospital. (The health dept did a nice set up for those with disabilities, and teachers). but who knows. Every state just kind of does it different. I think it's NJ that prioritizes smokers. like, what the heck.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: February 13, 2021, 07:31:29 AM »

Thank you for the reassurance :) I just want my mom to have it so badly; after watching the virus take down my husband's uncle, all the ups and downs and the hopes that he was on the road to recovery only to succumb during the night before he was supposed to be moved to a long-term care facility, I just don't know what I would do if that were her. I know it's still recommended that we get it, but I figured we had a little time. I wish I could give mine to her, and I could catch the next batch, but I know it doesn't work that way.

I hope your state lets you get yours soon  :huh:

As I understand it, they haven't done tests on the vaccine in kids yet, which is part of the reason that your son wouldn't be called yet. But in terms of the other people you're worried about...yeah. I understand completely.

In the case of the UK vaccinating carers but not recipients, this is regarding adults not children. Although they are looking into vaccinating children here going forward, they're not on the scale yet.

The rules are all over the place, and very much a regional lottery as far as I can see.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 01:20:34 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal