collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 467593 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #2985 on: November 04, 2020, 12:04:56 PM »
Spent some time with the family :dizzy: SO glad I can come home to my own place.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: November 05, 2020, 08:22:57 AM »
I’ve coughed so much my chest hurts. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2987 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:58 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :( Try some Vicks vapo-rub?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: November 08, 2020, 08:07:15 AM »
I actually feel like drawing something for the first time in weeks and right on cue, the sharp pains in my wrist have started up again. :facepalm:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: November 08, 2020, 01:04:54 PM »
Every time I go through major stress, my pain and migraines get worse... Uuuugh, my neck and jaw feel so stiff, it’s awful. :(
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2990 on: November 08, 2020, 01:22:31 PM »
Parents plus tech xD.

Parents did their online shop this morning. They didn't get a confirmation email, had a little panic and spent 30 minutes on customer support. Then ended up asking my help anyway because they were confused - while still on the phone to this guy.

...But I could've resolved it for them without them needing to call the customer service people. I mean, the order was there just fine, it was only the email that was missing and once they came to ask me I was able to do what the guy on the phone was suggesting and it worked.

...After I asked why they didn't just ask my help straight up. The answer, "Well, we didn't want to bother you..."

Heh :P *pats them*
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2991 on: November 09, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
I went out without eating anything for breakfast, I just had coffee. I made it home just in time to eat because I was crashing bad. I really need to remember to have something when I wake up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: November 09, 2020, 11:30:36 AM »
It’s not at all trivial, but I honestly just don’t have the emotional energy to make a full thread in WYP...

My elderly aunt and uncle were diagnosed with Covid-19, and are having trouble getting treatment (presumably due to hospital shortages and the surge in cases). I lost two grandparents this year (unrelated to the pandemic), and this really just feels like too much. I feel like crying, but I’m just so numb and shocked that the tears won’t even come. I can’t wait for this terrible year to end, even though obviously a new calendar can’t actually restore the people and things we’ve lost...
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2993 on: November 09, 2020, 11:58:27 AM »
It’s not at all trivial, but I honestly just don’t have the emotional energy to make a full thread in WYP...

My elderly aunt and uncle were diagnosed with Covid-19, and are having trouble getting treatment (presumably due to hospital shortages and the surge in cases). I lost two grandparents this year (unrelated to the pandemic), and this really just feels like too much. I feel like crying, but I’m just so numb and shocked that the tears won’t even come. I can’t wait for this terrible year to end, even though obviously a new calendar can’t actually restore the people and things we’ve lost...

:hug:
Wishing them the best.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 09, 2020, 12:18:53 PM »
Nemesis  :hug:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: November 09, 2020, 12:20:29 PM »
Parents plus tech xD.

Parents did their online shop this morning. They didn't get a confirmation email, had a little panic and spent 30 minutes on customer support. Then ended up asking my help anyway because they were confused - while still on the phone to this guy.

...But I could've resolved it for them without them needing to call the customer service people. I mean, the order was there just fine, it was only the email that was missing and once they came to ask me I was able to do what the guy on the phone was suggesting and it worked.

...After I asked why they didn't just ask my help straight up. The answer, "Well, we didn't want to bother you..."

Heh :P *pats them*

This sounds similar to the stuff I go through with my parents.  My mom is a little more tech savvy than my dad but I have to help them with a lot of tech stuff.  The most common theme is when their smart phones need updates and my mom will ask “Do I need this update?”

When I watch anime on my computer I usually put my headphones on if my parents are also in the room (our computers are all in the same room) because they aren’t anime fans and can’t see the screen.  One day my dad was having trouble with his computer but he didn’t tell me about it until after I had taken my headphones off because he thought he would be bothering me since I had my headphones on.

:hug:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: November 09, 2020, 01:35:10 PM »
Here's hoping you can get them treatment Nemesis xxx ><^:>((((((())))))) Bakana swims in to give you a huge snuggle xxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: November 10, 2020, 01:41:41 AM »
Hugs for you, Nemesis :hug: Hopefully your aunt and uncle can get the treatment they need.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: November 10, 2020, 02:26:51 AM »
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hugs for all! Thank you for the support, everyone. It means a lot, honestly. This has been such a difficult year to process, and just being able to visit this forum and be part of this community has helped so much to ease the strain.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: November 10, 2020, 09:40:57 AM »
Sister finished her exams for this quarter, and I thought it would make her more chill since she tends to get aggressive and short tempered under stress. I was wrong she is actually worse now. I try to do things to help and then she’s like “no you’re not doing it right!” Then does it herself. After I watch her do a task I tell her that I can do it now that she’s shown me what she wants. “I’m already doing it” she says, then complains to whomever listens that I “do nothing” and “I have so many chores”. Bruh, I offer you solutions and you decline! And to top it off she and mom keep arguing about her school because “an 89 in math isn’t going to get me anywhere!”. Honestly I’m just tired of her behaviour.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal